Sign in to follow this  
Rob V

So us Faber Amati Futura with Stereo REL G1 Mark 2

Looking at adding a pair of  REL G1 Mark 2 to my speakers.

interested if any members have experience with this pairing or similar.

regards RobV

I have exactly the same set up as described. I started with one sub hoping this would help define the bass more accurately but I found it just unbalanced the sound. Adding the second sub after about one month of a single sub took my system to the next level producing clear, accurate and well defined bass. I recall about six months  ago forgetting to power up one of the subs and I thought my system was kaput, obviously I quickly found the problem and was back to thoroughly enjoying the music. Essentially the two subs route is preferred. The subs integrate seamlessly with the Amati Futura and I don't believe you would regret the purchase. 

Regards, Rob H

Just curious.

What amps do you guys use?

I have original Amati Homage and a Pass Labs XA 30.8 amp.

The Amatis really work well with the high current Class A amp.

@RobV

Edited by BAM

PS Audio BHK300 Monoblocks, (after much experimentation Luxman, Holton, Primaluna and a few others).  I use a Luxman C700u pre amp (soon to be a C900u) which I have found, again via experimentation, to be a match made in heaven.

We currently are using a McIntosh 462 stereo amplifier.   Sounds pretty decent I must say

I have done quite a few changes in amps, preamps and dac. Hopefully I have come to the end.

Each change makes me realise how good my Sonus  Faber's are and they are nearly 20 years old.

I am curious however if it's worth getting Super tweeters. (Townshend) My Amatis being the original model is a bit laid back in the tweeter department.