FS: ACOUSTAT 2+2 ELECTROSTATIC SPEAKERS plus amps and preamps

Item: Acoustat 2+2 speakers, Carver Sunfire amp, Supratek Dual preamp.
Price: $5000 ono
Item Condition: Used
Reason for selling: Too many systems
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Well I never thought I would sell this system, but I have other systems in my studio, and I'm running out of room. And I want a new mountain bike so I have to exchange one toy for another.

This system is the result of years of development and I'd venture to say it is up there with the finest electrostatic sound you could achieve, at any price. I started out with a pair of Acoustat 2+2 - legendary stats with a reputation for very high quality sound and bulletproof reliability. I rebuilt the interfaces with all new High Voltage bias components , and split the upgraded crossover into two seperate circuits , so the speakers could be fully active and bi-amped .

The bass/mid and mid/treble are powered by a Carver Sunfire 4 channel amp- one of the finest high power, load tolerant amps , works perfectly with the stats. The Carvers are able to produce huge amounts of power into low loads and sound like a big tube amp at the same time.  http://www.regonaudio.com/Sunfire.html 

The preamp was custom built for this application. It uses a 10/10Y DHT tube for the mid/treble amps and a 6SN7 for the bass/mid amps. Level control for the 6SN7 section means the balance between the two sections can be adjusted to taste. This is a big deal- being able to do a very fine tune to suit any room or taste is very useful and its amazing how much difference it makes. It eliminates the compromises speaker designers have to put into every speaker design.

This is a big speaker and it has a big sound, its also unlike other stat speakers in that it doesn't have that stat "brilliance" or "etch" that most stats have. Its uncannily natural sounding and very musical. Its just superb with voices, Willy Nelson sounds like he is in the room , same with female voices. One listener once said to me "now that is what a trumpet really sounds like". Bass is very good, firm and goes down quite deep, as you would expect with such a large surface area. 

It handles all music styles with aplomb , but especially suited to well recorded music from a discerning listener. 

It comes with 4 spare interfaces, all rebuilt and upgrade. This is a tall speaker at 8 foot tall, so you will need a man cave or dedicated listening room to get the best from it. Definitely not going to impress the wife, although she might appreciate the sound. 

Don't want to have to box it up so really only available to Perth or within 500Km . 

I've owned this set up for over 5 years now and I've got huge enjoyment from it. My 5 way fully active horn system has better dynamics and I tend to listen to it mostly , but the stats do an amazing job of making a recording sound like life.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

20191116_072702_resized.jpg

• Like 3

Acoustat 2+2 speakers are amazing anyone near there should consider this magnificent system -especially with spares you can't go wrong. in the sweet spot listening for these is just unbelievably good. The pre amp thrown in from the designer !! is more than this price. The Carver amps were this price insane bargain

Edited by speedgod66