mwhouston

FS: SOLD PENDING SUITABILITY - AK4495SEQ USB DSD DAC - "retroDSD-DAC"

Item:  USB DAC based on the AK4495 Chip and Xmos USB processor. Supports I2S protocol. DIY
Price:  $250 plus postage $20. Crazy good offers considered.
Item Condition: 9.5/10. Perfect condition
Reason for selling: too many DACs
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Comprises a AKM4495SEQ DAC board, 1U 19" rack mount black low profile enclosure and two low voltage transformers. The board is very high spec and includes multiple Ultra low noise regulators, extensive filtering and all quality parts. There is a ferrite choked power cord and RFI/EMI power filter to ensure dead quiet operation and clean power. Access at rear to connect direct to the DAC board - USB B in and RCAs out. ON/OFF switch back left hand corner. The DAC is fused and earthed. The AK4495SEQ chip is use in the US$45,000 DAC. Same chip. Works perfectly with Pi music server. Completely natural sound.

NB: the image of inside the DAC has not been updated since earthing and fusing has been added. 

ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use 

Photos: 

DAC1.jpg

DAC3.jpg

DAC2.jpg

Edited by mwhouston

I just bought the previous DAC that @mwhouston sold and it sounds fantastic. 
Buy with confidence 

17 minutes ago, Alpine Electrocats said:

if the sale doesnt go through let me know

Supposedly it is being picked up and paid for on Thursday. Check in on Friday. 

The prospective buyer has failed to show. I have tried to contact him with PMs but all are unanswered. 

if there is no contact by 5pm today the DAC will be back up for sale. 

The DAC has been collected. Now waiting to ensure suitability with current system