My quest of 3D blurays begins

On 13/03/2020 at 12:17 PM, Mobe1969 said:

Yeah I have that one. If you were Brissie, I could probably let you borrow it.

Hmm, DDDHouse have Abominable and Solid State Society. Maybe they were just out of stock then.

https://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_details.php?ProductID=13802

https://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_details.php?ProductID=17316

Out of stock on Hobbs and Shaw.

Very nice to know. May be one day when our dollar goes up a bit then I will bite the bullet.

Funny the dddhouse I have used before is a different site with dot hk instead of dot com. I believe they are not related because of their different pricing and stock. 

I have also checked dddhouse.com before when looking for Abominable but found no listing back then. Good to know they have it now and price is 3 US dollar lower then what I paid after shipping. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my shipment with Gemini Man 3D from Germany. Took 2 weeks longer than before but still fine considering the current situation worldwide. Great experience watching the movie in 4K 60fps. 3D is equally impressive in another dimension.

gemini.jpg

I should ask the software coders of DVD Profiler to allow sorting by 3D titles [You can sort by pretty much anything else]

http://www.invelos.com/

Would make my life a little bit simpler, as I could just go through all my titles then sort the 3D ones into one section.

Well over 100+ 3D titles, but how many more now that they aren't being made readily available in OZ ?

I use the mobile app "CLZ Movies" to catalog my collection. It can sort them out in anyway I can imagine and "Format" is the one to see all titles in 3D, 4K, DVD, Bluray and even HDDVD.  

I believe local 3D release is already done. Have not seen any new titles in months after "Secret Life of Pets 2". Will have to import all future 3D blurays from other markets and they are becoming harder and more expensive to get. 

Wonder where else has got "Gemini Man" released in 3D. But this Germany import is great with a choice of German/English at the beginning so I can play it in a totally English environment without guessing.  

Next in line are "Maleficent 2", "Frozen 2" and "Star Wars IX". Hope the global situation will not get any worst and lead to a standstill in the near future. 

23 hours ago, PKK said:

Finally got my shipment with Gemini Man 3D from Germany. Took 2 weeks longer than before but still fine considering the current situation worldwide. Great experience watching the movie in 4K 60fps. 3D is equally impressive in another dimension.

where did you source gemini man from pkkk, do post sources for hard to find... am sure be few interested :)

1 hour ago, betty boop said:

where did you source gemini man from pkkk, do post sources for hard to find... am sure be few interested :)

Mediamops.de, grooves.de, and jpc.de

Mediamops is quite good as they do used stuff also. I managed to get the extended Rambo Last Blood UHD there too (none of the other DE stores we can use ship it here for some reason)

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Mobe1969 said:

Mediamops.de, grooves.de, and jpc.de

Mediamops is quite good as they do used stuff also. I managed to get the extended Rambo Last Blood UHD there too (none of the other DE stores we can use ship it here for some reason)

I hope my rudimentary tourist german will help navigate :D 

45 minutes ago, betty boop said:

I hope my rudimentary tourist german will help navigate :D 

Most have an English button at the top (JPC and Grooves). Or if in Chrome, google translate does a pretty good job to the point sometimes I forget to switch to the English skin/site!

Edited by Mobe1969
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mobe1969 said:

Most have an English button at the top (JPC and Grooves). Or if in Chrome, google translate does a pretty good job to the point sometimes I forget to switch to the English skin/site!

Is the grooves URL correct ?

7 hours ago, betty boop said:

I first bought from jpc but found them messing up my address big time. My shipping address is an Auspost Parcel Locker in the format "Parcel Locker 12345 67890". Somehow I believe their computer system only accept address line starting with street number so they automatically remove all words and cut that into "12345, 67890" and ship my order. I have actually correct that before paying and it shows correctly in their "Order Confirmation" email. But still they ship it to nowhere. What is more confusing is that in their "Order Shipped" email that address line changed again to "67890, 12345". I sent them numerous emails asking about this but never got an explanation of why my address was cut. I did get my refund thou. Funny company. 

I then buy again from grooves.land the moment I knew jpc mess up and it is good to know grooves.land has tracking while jpc does not. In fact grooves.land is the first I check but they don't have it listed at that moment so I have to buy else where. 

Now I am waiting for orders from Zavvi UK. What I hate about them is that they only ship disc separately as letter and Auspost won't accept them into Parcel Locker. I have asked them about shipping multiple disc together in a box but their answer is "No". 

I miss the good old days of shopping from amazon UK. Does anyone knows another UK shops that still ship to AUS? 

• Like 2

thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience with shipping from EU ! 

4 minutes ago, PKK said:

I miss the good old days of shopping from amazon UK. Does anyone knows another UK shops that still ship to AUS? 

indeed i was very comfortable using amazon, uk, fr, de, canada, us and such for world movies... feel very limited now... even bought the odd thing from ebay which is mostly the rip off merchants....

Just now, PKK said:

The one I used is https://www.grooves.land and they look exactly the same. 

thank you ... good to know :) I 'll check grooves first as suggest ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PKK said:

I first bought from jpc but found them messing up my address big time. My shipping address is an Auspost Parcel Locker in the format "Parcel Locker 12345 67890". Somehow I believe their computer system only accept address line starting with street number so they automatically remove all words and cut that into "12345, 67890" and ship my order. I have actually correct that before paying and it shows correctly in their "Order Confirmation" email. But still they ship it to nowhere. What is more confusing is that in their "Order Shipped" email that address line changed again to "67890, 12345". I sent them numerous emails asking about this but never got an explanation of why my address was cut. I did get my refund thou. Funny company. 

I then buy again from grooves.land the moment I knew jpc mess up and it is good to know grooves.land has tracking while jpc does not. In fact grooves.land is the first I check but they don't have it listed at that moment so I have to buy else where. 

Now I am waiting for orders from Zavvi UK. What I hate about them is that they only ship disc separately as letter and Auspost won't accept them into Parcel Locker. I have asked them about shipping multiple disc together in a box but their answer is "No". 

Other than Ebay sellers like the excellent rarewaves sellers, no.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

1 hour ago, Satanica said:

Zappi I think it was and the last time I checked it said sold out. 

Zappi?

I do try keeping track of German stores that bother shipping here as I'm looking for stuff too and I've never heard of it.  And no luck googling it either.

Heres another one [ coincidentally named Parasite like the other Korean one mentioned elsewhere ?‍♂️] that has been completely remastered from the original DCI negative ; and directed by Charles Dance ?

https://www.amazon.com.au/Parasite-3-D-Special-Edition-Blu-ray/dp/B07VP784TB/ref=sr_1_83?dchild=1&keywords=3d+blu+ray+movies&qid=1590847767&refinements=p_n_feature_three_browse-bin%3A5256351051&rnid=5256342051&s=movies-and-tv&sr=1-83

Good to see some decent prices from amazon aus with the current sale.

• Like 1

It is really a bad time for importing discs. Many oversea shops have stop shipping to Australia. Even Amazon USA has block us one more time. Orders took up to 7 weeks to arrive from UK . Still waiting for many. Wonder when we will get back to normal. 

3D4.jpg

3D3.jpg

3D1.jpg

3D2.jpg

3ds.jpg

On 27/05/2020 at 8:48 PM, Mobe1969 said:

Zappi?

I do try keeping track of German stores that bother shipping here as I'm looking for stuff too and I've never heard of it.  And no luck googling it either.

I bet he means Zavvi. Better use their .au site to pay in AUD. They all ship from UK anyway. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

5 weeks and over seems to be the norm for shipping from UK these days. Stardog and Onwards are the 2 latest 3D releases. Trolls World Tour is next and so far no further 3D announcement after. 

o1.jpg

3d2.jpg

3d1.jpg

• Like 1

I have a decent 3D media collection and that was one of the reasons I chose the Panasonic EX780 for my last TV purchase. Soon to be getting a projector too, so I’m looking forward to seeing 3D movies bigger than 75”.

I watched Kong Skull Island last night and loved it. I’ve seen it before but had forgotten most details. It has a great cast and pretty good story for this type of movie. They usually rely on the visual effects. First time watching it in 3D I think and it was pretty good use of the technology. 4 or 5 3D wow moments and good overall.

I don’t watch 3D movies often because it is a bit more “work” with the need for glasses and the restricted brightness, but I usually enjoy it when I do.

I bought a few movies from the JB sale last night and changed my cart several times and was spewing I didn’t have Avengers: Infinity War in there when I checked out. I considered buying it afterwards, but the shipping options were whack.

After seeing this thread, I might start looking further afield for some titles I’ve missed or aren’t available locally.

• Like 1

On 27/05/2020 at 8:18 PM, Mobe1969 said:

Zappi?

On 03/06/2020 at 4:43 PM, PKK said:

I bet he means Zavvi. Better use their .au site to pay in AUD. They all ship from UK anyway. 

Whoops yes ZAVVI.

https://www.zavvi.com.au/blu-ray/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-3d/12414251.html?utm_source=ecrm-order-confirmation&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ecrm-order-confirmation&affil=thgemail&ecrmcid=b9oeOPK7VGEy3xRBaqbrAljx42M6XmR8&shae=7bCYLufmIVApSCkpsbq8BSffnLaW2NHgEu%2BHgkpuipQ%3D&sendTime=1578369140

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/07/2020 at 10:20 AM, Esoterica said:

I have a decent 3D media collection and that was one of the reasons I chose the Panasonic EX780 for my last TV purchase. Soon to be getting a projector too, so I’m looking forward to seeing 3D movies bigger than 75”.

Glad to see 3D lovers around. I think nothing can best the last generation of LG 4K Oled with passive glasses. It is bright, no cross talk and 3D motions is solid. Not to mention those glasses are cheap, light and everywhere. 

For projectors although I already own a few Benqs and JVC but none can give 3D justice. Benqs has smooth motion but lacking brightness behind glasses. JVC has great PQ but 3D motion gives me headache.  So I recently bought a high lumen Optoma Laser ZH406 to fill the gap. As a business class PJ the price is reasonably low. It is perfect for 3D , youtube and any day time viewing as expected. But it is not for everyone and every situation as a high brightness DLP will inevitably brings up rainbows.    

Edited by PKK