sakabatou

SOLD: FS: ifi iPower 5V/2.5A (ADL)

Item: ifi iPower 5V/2.5A
Price: $50 plus post if required
Item Condition: excellent
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, 
Extra Info:

Well known budget alternative to expensive linear power supplies.

This is probably the most useful one, able to provide a clean 5 volts to many USB components. 

Preference given for local pickup

Photos:

IMG_8615.JPG

IMG_8616.JPG

IMG_8614.JPG

These are  great  upgrade glws

Sold locally.

Thanks for the interest

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rand129678
      Item: iFi iPower 5V 2.5amp power supply
      Price: $95 with free postage Australia wide. $80 pickup in Melbourne
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: No longer required - recently sold my speakers, amp and other Hi-Fi gear here on StereoNet
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      - See here: http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-ipower/
      - See photos below

Pictures:

• By niss_man
      Have just finished building a 5v dc power supply for a music server project and thought I might share here. In anyone feels like building there own all the info is here for those who want to make an excellent upgrade to there raspberry pi, beaglebone, odroid (what I am using), or squeezebox etc. This supply can handle up to a 3A load depending on your heatsink choice and the regulators could be changed for different types if you want a higher current supplied.
             I must say this has made a very nice difference to the quality of sound over the standard switchmode supply. It has produced a sound that has greater clarity and less muddled than before. Hiigher frequencies are easier to listen to now and I can tell the difference between each strike of bells or cymbals (everyone is unique and different). The music also seems slightly more dynamic and realistic on the ears.

I have attached the electrical schematic below. It basically just cascades 2 voltage regulators a 12vdc and a 5vdc. The 1st regulator produces 12vdc with fairly low noise level and the output from that feeds the 5v regulator that virtually eliminates any noise that was left, leaving a rock solid 5v supply rail. 

Regards

Simon