BlueOceanBoy

FS: iFi iCAN Pro Professional Tube/Solid State Headphone Amplifier/Preamp

Item: iFi iCAN Pro Professional Tube/Solid State Headphone Amplifier/Preamp

Price: $1999 ono Express post included - see my other ad for iFi Pro iDSD (Combo deal)
Item Condition: Excellent "as new". Bought from AUS store 3/10/19
Reason for selling: NLR upgrading to Auralic/Luxman combo
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only

The iFi iCAN PRO is a high-performance device and is a perfect studio-grade audiophile line-stage and headphone amplifier. There are two individual parts in this device which are solid-state and tube amplification sections.
Studio-grade Headphone Amplifier
The Studio-grade Headphone Amplifier of the Pro iCAN outputs >10V in the single-ended mode and 20V in the balanced mode. While the 20V mode of this device is equivalent to 100W into a 4 Ohm speaker. Also, this device is adjustable from 0dB/9dB/18dB that allows it to work efficiently.
Audiophile Line-Stage
The Audiophile Line Stage is integrated with the ‘6-Track’ version with four tracks that is used for a truly balanced volume control. This device can work perfectly in both balanced and single-ended mode. It is often used at home or in various expensive hi-fi systems as it has three single-ended, one balanced input, one balanced and one single-ended output.
Tube/ Solid-State Real-time Switching
The Pro iCAN headphone amplifier has a tube stage that allows it to work in two different ways. With the use of General Electric 5670, the headphones provide premium variant with a different pinout. Also, this device has two individual input circuits; one tube and another solid state that results in giving a high-performance.
Class A Solid-State, J-FETs and Fully-Discrete
The Pro iCAN has an individual solid-state amplification section that is executed as the tube amplification section that promotes smooth functioning. This device is fully discrete and fully balanced with a tube or J-FET input switchable. It has a ‘tri-brid’ circuit that minimises drawbacks and is considered as pure DC coupled which prevents from using any sonically-degrading coupling capacitors.

Gain:    0dB, 9dB and 18dB user-selectable
Frequency Response:    0.5Hz to 500kHz(-3dB)
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD, Balanced/Single-Ended):         Balanced    SE
Solid-State:    ≤0.0015%    ≤0.005%
Tube:    ≤0.002%    ≤0.005%
Tube+:    ≤0.012%    ≤0.2%

Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR, Balanced/Single-Ended):    >147dB(A) / > 137dB(A)
Output Power (16Ω, Balanced/Single-Ended):    >14,000mW / >4,800mW
Output Voltage (600Ω, Balanced/Single-Ended):    >23V / >11.5V
Input Voltage (Pro iCAN):    DC 9V/6.7A – 18V/3.35A
Input Voltage (iPower Plus):    AC 85 – 265V, 50/60Hz
Power Consumption:    ≤ 22W idle, 50W max.
Dimensions:    213(l) x 192.5(w) x 63.3(h) mm
Weight:    1.93kg (4.3lbs)
Test conditions:
Gain = 0dB, 0.775V(0dBu) with 300 Ohm load unless stated otherwise
SNR Balanced re 23V, SNR SE re. 11.5V    

DSF4315.jpg

IMG_2180.jpeg

IMG_2181.jpeg

IMG_2182.jpeg

IMG_2183.jpeg

IMG_2184.jpeg

IMG_2185.jpeg

IMG_2186.jpeg

IMG_2187.jpeg

Pro-iCAN-header-818.jpg

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rhien23
      Item: Vincent SA-T1 Stereo Pre-Amplifier and Vincent SP-331 Hybrid Power Amplifier
      Price: $1340 local sale or $1400 posted anywhere in Australia
      Item Condition: Great!
      Reason for selling: Decided on another Amp
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD, Posted Aus wide
      Extra Info:
      All in boxes and ready to ship if needed!

Vincent SP-331 Hybrid Power Amplifier Input signal incorporates two 6N16 valves each. There are 12 TOSHIBA transistors provided for the power in each case. The SP-331 can also be operated at 2 Ohm without difficulties. This is a hybrid tube and solid state power amplifier.
      Nominal Output Power RMS/8 Ohm: 2 x 150 Watt
      Nominal Output Power RMS/4 Ohm: 2 x 300 Watt
      T.H.D.: < 0.1 % (1 kHz, 1 Watt)
      Input Sensitivity: 1,2 V
      Signal-Noise Ratio: > 90 dB
      Input Impedance: 47 kOhm
      Inputs: 1 x Stereo RCA
      Outputs: 4 x 2 Speaker Terminal
      Tubes: 2 x 6N16B
      Colour: Black
      Weight: 19 kg
      Dimensions ( W x H x D): 430 x 160 x 450 mm

Vincent Audio SA-T1 Stereo Pre-Amplifier
      Frequency response: 20 Hz - 50 kHz +/- 0.5 dB, Output voltage: 2 V, Total harmonic distortion: < 0.1 % (1 kHz, 1 Watt), Input sensitivity: 280 mV, Signal-Noise ratio: > 90 dB, Input impedance: 47 kOhm, Inputs: 6 x Stereo RCA, Outputs: 2 x Stereo RCA, 1 x Stereo RCA Rec Out, Tubes: 1 x 612AX7B, 1 x 12AU7, 2 x 6N4 Colour: black/silver, Weight: 8 kg, Dimensions (WxHxD): 430 x 95 x 390 mm  

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Siriosys
      Item: Quad 909 Amp and matching Quad 99 PreAmp
      Price: I'm open to reasonable offers around NZ$2.5k for both units.      
      Item Condition:  Excellent Condition including, original boxes, cables, manuals, and remote for the Pre.
      Reason for selling:  Audioenz member from a long way back, when I had the time and space to really enjoy my Hifi.    However, I'm regrettably needing to downsize and also now don't have the time I once did to enjoy good listening sessions.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Transfer.   Can be shipped, but given the total weight and size, it would need to be at buyers expense.
      Extra Info:  Included is the Quad-link cables, 2 power leads, remote, manuals (see photos)

• By Eagleeyes
      Item: : Gold Note Demidoff Signature Anniversary Amplifier- Perth
      Price: $4500 -reduced to $4200 was $11000.00
      Item Condition : 9/10 very nice
      Reason for selling: NLR- upgraded in one week, bloody hobby but its a very very impressive amp, massive power, beautiful sound, 45 kilos and built like a tank, $11000 new 2 years ago. Italian magical beast at its best. I had basically bought 2 amps in one weekend and most of my gear is silver and i made a choice. 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal+3% COD Only- Have box can post and wil pack well, just bought over form Melbourne and was $200 insured so not much for size and weight of box.
      Extra Info:This is a single ended solid state Integrated amp, produce beautiful midrange and very engaging sound, Super cool in 50 watts per channel of class A mode .Hand crafted in Italy with first class material like Rhodium binding posts,....RRP $11000. This baby is 45Kg of weight with 8 massive transformers,can be used also as an integrated pre or power amp. very versatile, 1st owner for 2 years , 2nd owner for 1 week and comes with remote , box and manual if shipping is needed.
      The small screen on front moved about half a millimetre to the right i think from shipping to me, it maybe has been stood on its end when shipped - probably easily fixed with taking the lid off and repositioning does not affect anything but wanted to mention and i don't like taking covers off just in case screws scratch so has a slight blue straight line coming from leds behind screen, hardly noticeable and dropped price to cover 1-2 hours to fix.

Listen to video and imagine how good it is in the flesh.

Pics and videos courtesy of original listing last month. Bargain high end quality.

http://www.goldnote.it/demidoff-signature/#demidoff-sign-description
      https://www.soundgallery.com.au/product-page/gold-note-pa1175-power-amplifier

Pictures:

• By lenticularis
      Item: Alex Cavalli Tube Hybrid (CTH) Headphone Amp
      Price: $240 incl. postage
      Item Condition: 9/10
      Reason for selling: Recouping $
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Extra Info:
      I've had this amplifier for about a year. 
      I've driven both Massdrop Sennheiser HD6XX and Nuraphones (corded) through it, either streaming Spotify and Tidal, or CDs played through a desktop Teac DR-L700. Recently also used with a Schiit Modi 3 DAC.

It comes with the original switched mode PSU with a US form-factor prongs.  It's my first valve-based / hybrid unit. Its character is both detailed, with a revealing soundstage, but also has that softer relaxing valve character that makes extended listening a pleasure. 
      Valve-swapping ('tube-rolling') is of course possible with this.

The fit and finish of the CTH are exemplary and its neat dimensions means that it doesn't occupy much desk-space.  The surface finish is a satin black that doesn't mark easily from fingers. 
      The connections have a quality feel also. It has both a normal 6.3mm jack and a balanced (4 pin XLR) connection.
      The original packaging is good quality and makes for easy and secure posting.

Drop (formerly known as Massdrop) current pricing is US$250 plus shipping and of cpurse the Gerry Harvey import tax (10% or so).

Useful links:
      Head-Fi link
      Massdrop link

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.s

• By Tassie Devil
      Item: Vero 50ex Headphone Amplifier and MIT 330 0.6m stereo input cable
      Price: $1990
      Item Condition: Virtually new - used less than 8 hours
      Reason for selling: Surplus to requirements
      Payment Method: Bank Transfer
      Extra Info: Purchased on impulse as a possible upgrade.  Maybe not an upgrade but a genuine surprise to find that with unbalanced input it sounded identical to my Violextric V281 connected in balanced mode.  I was told it would "burn in" but I did not observe that in the few hours I tried it out.
      My appraisal it is as good as the Violectric is with good foundation because I had both amps going at the same time with each connected to Sennheiser HD800S headphones with the same after market cabling.  I merely changed over headphones in a matter seconds to compare the two with the AQ from classical. jazz and pop.
      So here is an amplifier for the audiophile without a balanced setup that will sound as good as a Violectric V281 in balanced mode.
      Another advantage is its small size and the fact that running on battery, heat and ventillation are not an issue.  It could even be used in portable mode away from a power point.
      I have not registered it so the buyer will have new warranty.
      The price in  the USA is $USD3000 (which is $AUD4400 before GST)for the amp so I'm selling it, virtually new, at less than half price so it is a genuine bargain with MIT input cabling thrown in.  I'm not keeping it as the Violectric is doing the same job and my main headphone listening system is set up for it - no advantage for me to keep the Vero and sell the Violectric.  And I must confess to having been lazy about selling it - it has been sitting on the shelf unused for over 12 months but it is tinme for it to go to someone as a nice Xmas present!
      You can read more detail about the amp at https://mitcables-buyersclub.com/products/vero-hca-50ex-headphone-amplifier
      Feel free to PM me with any questions.