Sign in to follow this  
falcongtho1968

Lg Oled C765

Would anyone be able to explain why green horizontal lines have appeared at the bottom of the screen? 

I have tried everything the LG website says to do. 

The tv is only just a year and a half old. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Cheers Andrew

If the lines are in the same spot, probably time to call LG for repair - remind them of Aust consumer law if they try to give you the brush-off.

If the lines are more variable, check your HDMI cables to ensure they're in tight and away from power cables. You could also try different HDMI cables.

Thanks for the reply. I actually dont have any hdmi cables connected. I disconnected them last week due to moving. 

I even use pixel refresher everytime it is turned off. 

The horizontal green lines are more noticeable with white or yellow backround.

Cheers Andrew. 

Sounds like a panel fault or one of the ribbon connectors. Call LG and don't take no for an answer.

Thanks... I will post any updates. 

I had a Panasonic Viera Plasma that didnt miss a beat for about ten years while I had it, sold it to a friend and it's still going strong. 

Cheers. 

Well... If the panel is faulty my first port of call would be the retailer that you bought the tv from, not LG.

Its gone past the warranty period, so I think lg is the port of call... 

You have protection under Australia Consumer Law (ACL), just quote that if you have any issues getting something fixed/replaced under warranty from a Retailer or Manufacturer.   

To everyone that replied, thankyou. 

I contacted LG this afternoon and after much back and forward, they informed me, as a good will gesture and a mention of Australian Consumer Law, even with the passing date of warranty, they will fix the tv. They say it is a burn in issue. But it's not a fault of the tv?? Should get a call within the next 2 business days. 

Just to clarify, i used pixel refresher everytime I could... Only used Cinema mode. 

Will keep you all posted as to what ends up happening. 

Plasma vs Oled?? (10yrs+ vs 1+1/2yrs)

So LG are starting their OLED tv's have issues with screen burn in?

From your original description it doesn't sound like burn in.

Sent pictures to LG,  and thats what the diagnosis was.... 

38 minutes ago, falcongtho1968 said:

Sent pictures to LG,  and thats what the diagnosis was.... 

Burn in can be argued as user's fault, so you'd expect them to say that.

They sent me information on how to prevent burn in. Worrying thing is, I was doing everything and more to look after the tv. I never even thought about burn in. Maybe because my experience with plasma was so positive.

Image retention is often due to static (non-moving) images left on the screen for extended periods of time.

Ways to reduce/prevent image burn:
1. Screen saver- LGs wall paper slide show (screen saver) is set to show images that would refresh all the pixels and help prevent image burn (Screen saver is automatically activated if the TV left idle or have not received any inputs from the remote control for a couple of minutes. While in other TV models, screen saver can be activated through the Picture Settings)

2. Screen Shift - A setting that moves the screen slightly at regular intervals to prevent image sticking on the display panel (Settings > Picture > OLED Panel Settings > Screen shift > ON).

3. Pixel Refresher/Clear panel noise - It calibrates any issues that may arise on the screen when your TV has been turned on for a long time. Calibration takes an hour or more. Running the 'Clear Panel Noise' or 'Pixel Refresher' (daily or once every 2 days) will not do the TV any harm, nor will have any negative impact. (Settings > OLED Panel Setting > Pixel Refresher/Clear Panel Noise)

4. Refrain from using the TV on Vivid Mode or setting high contrast and brightness for prolonged period of time.

5. During early signs of 'burn-in', leave the TV on standby mode overnight, or for at least 4 hours

Thank you,