Qobuz Price Drop

Was running the Sublime+ trial for a month but at this price I signed up early this morning for the full year (for the above plan).

Will have to ditch Tidal now as myself and @Analogueage did some comparing last week and each time Qobuz sounded better to us (In our opinion, others opinions will vary and are perfectly fine if not the same as ours...…)

• Like 4

I used to have a Qobuz subscription but dropped it because it was not price competitive with Tidal.  Will have to look again at Qobuz packages. 

ps. A good thing with the Qobuz app is you can store music so you can play it offline and don't need internet connection.  If internet is down, no Tidal.  I don't know if this function exists with Roon. 

Edited by GroovyGuru

30 minutes ago, Hydrology said:

Was running the Sublime+ trial for a month but at this price I signed up early this morning for the full year (for the above plan).

Will have to ditch Tidal now as myself and @Analogueage did some comparing last week and each time Qobuz sounded better to us (In our opinion, others opinions will vary and are perfectly fine if not the same as ours...…)

I have a subscription to both at the moment.

29 minutes ago, buddyev said:

Is qobuz available here yet? 

I had to have a friend in Ireland set up a Qobuz a/c for me.  Then I paid and operated it from Oz.  I could not set it up using a VPN so don't waste money on that.  

The package OP has posted is a promo for the US market, which Qobuz have recently entered.  The existing EU clients don't get the same offer. 

Edited by GroovyGuru

3 hours ago, GroovyGuru said:

I had to have a friend in Ireland set up a Qobuz a/c for me.  Then I paid and operated it from Oz.  I could not set it up using a VPN so don't waste money on that.  

The package OP has posted is a promo for the US market, which Qobuz have recently entered.  The existing EU clients don't get the same offer. 

It can be done very easily using both the Hoxx and webRTC extensions for Chrome. Both are free. Payment via CC is fine, but PayPal will be geoblocked when paying for Qobuz.

Hoxx allows you to choose your location, in this case, US. I just used a different email address to the one I signed up with last week to trial Qobuz.

Edited by Hydrology
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, GroovyGuru said:

I had no problems using PayPal and a VPN signing up. Nothing needed to stream once done.

30 minutes ago, furtherpale said:

I had no problems using PayPal and a VPN signing up. Nothing needed to stream once done.

I think the key is to use Paypal.  Credit card gives away country of origin.   Make the first payment by Paypal to join up.  Once the membership is recorded you are entitled to operate out of any country.  They know I am located in Australia.  

8 minutes ago, GroovyGuru said:

I think the key is to use Paypal.  Credit card gives away country of origin.   Make the first payment by Paypal to join up.  Once the membership is recorded you are entitled to operate out of any country.  They know I am located in Australia.  

I paid with CC with no issues. Ironically I was having issues paying with PayPal.

• 3 months later...

Tried via PP and CC using a VPN (USA) and neither worked. CC blocked as I used a US zip code for the trial, PP just goes around in circles (geo blocked). I did have an account via the UK (used a VPN and PP) but too expensive with VAT ect.

Hope others have better luck.

• 1 month later...

I have signed up using VPN to USA but can't do the payment as my PP and CC are both rejected.

Maybe they have disabled the ability for  CC and Paypal issued at different signed up country to be used?

Any other trick on getting Qobuz in OZ?

Thanks