gibbo9000

SOLD: FS: TASS Preamp

Item: TASS Preamp
Price: $250
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: No longer needed
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

You won't find much published on this device, so think about it as a 6 input active (solid state) pre-amp.  It also provides a separate (front panel volume controlled ) line level subwoofer output.

Beyond that this was technically part of the TASS  system briefly introduced in the late 1990's that I wrote some notes a while back (see link below).  I share the link below purely as context for anyone interested in this this unfamiliar device (it has some internal shots as well), and with no other motivation.  The 'Ambience' mode is interesting to play with if you are inclined and have some spare speakers and amps, but I have used it recently purely as a  pre-amp, a job it does well - and that is reflected in the price.

Don't have any documentation or packaging.  Willing to pack and post at buyers expense.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

PB080915.JPG

PB080916.JPG

Edited by gibbo9000

I have always thought that SRS was the most natural and least fatiguing virtual surround technology that I've heard. Looks interesting. GLWS.

I have a couple of these units.  I really should get one going again as the improvement in SQ and soundstage really was audible and not just a gimmick.  Great build quality too.

I'm half tempted to buy this one, but the fear of Gee Emm returning to Vic with an axe to my garage door, ...nah, not going there!

But I love mine!  Peanuts here for a great improvement in SQ without touching the integrity of  your main front channels.

I have one I brought of a SNA member last year does anyone have a manual they could give me a copy or information on how to get the best out of the unit it is a very natural sound that it produces 

I'd be interested to take this and see what it sounds like. Will send pm

52 minutes ago, keys1234 said:

I have one I brought of a SNA member last year does anyone have a manual they could give me a copy or information on how to get the best out of the unit it is a very natural sound that it produces 

I am not sure there ever was a manual, but for talking to Red a couple of years back I remember we both got the same pretty simple instructions.  Main channel is as you would expect.  If I recall correctly the 'Ambience' or surround was simply turn it up until you can just hear it, and then back a notch.  Same for sub. 

Gibbo