gibbo9000

FS: M-125 KT120 Based Valve Power Amplifiers

Item: VTA M-125 Valve Power Amplifiers - running 4 x KT120 each
Price: $2,750
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Change of direction
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

A pair of Vacuum Tube Audio M-125 Power Amplifiers built by me from imported Bob Latino kits.  These are configured with 4 x KT120 tubes per side rating them around 125 Watts per channel and driving 4 or 8 ohm loads.  Currently running solid state regulators and Tung Sol 12AU7 / EH 12BH7 front end.  Will some with spare solid state regulator, valve regulators and alternate front end tubes.

A good overview of the amps and their design and performance can be found here - just don;t read too much into the comments on documentation and labeling.  They are easy to drive and have been in active use for 18 months:  https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/amplifier/power-amplifier/vacuum-tube-audio-m-125-mono-tube-power-amplifier-review/

Further detail specifications can be found on Bob's site here:  http://www.tubes4hifi.com/bob.htm#M125

I have had them driving my Q-Acoustics Concept 500's where the power of the amps and warmth of the KT120's have been an awesome pairing.

Given the weight of the transformers and fragility of the valves I sincerely doubt these would be worth shipping.

ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

PB080910.JPG

PB080909.JPG

PB080908.JPG

PB080907.JPG

I have been looking to build a pair of these. At this price it might not be worth it.

Don't suppose you have any photos of the wiring? 

11 minutes ago, z66 said:

Don't suppose you have any photos of the wiring? 

Sent in PM

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By sjay
      Item:  AYRE MX-R MONO BLOCK AMPLIFIER
      Price: 4,500
      Item Condition: 85/10
      Reason for selling:EXCESS ( CBF WITH A CENTRE CHANNEL). 
      Payment Method: Pickup - CASH OR EFT.
      Extra Info: COMES WITH FACTORY DOUBLE BOXES, GLOVES, MANUALS, PLATIC COVERING, FELT COVER. ALL FACTORY ASSESSORS. SALE IS FOR A SINGLE MONO BLOCK NOT A PAIR. I HAVE 3 OF THEM AND AM ONLY SELLING ONE NOW I HAVE GIVEN UP ON FINDING PMC MB2S CENTRE CHANNEL SPEAKER FOR SANE MONEY.

THIS IS AN AUSTRALIAN DELIVERED 230V UNIT AS FAR AS I AM AWARE. HAD THE BOARD UPGRADE DONE. PLENTY OF REVIEWS ONLINE. UNIT IS REFERENCE LEVEL IN EVERY WAY IMAGINABLE.  HAPPY TO SHIP AUSTRALIA WIDE AS BUYERS EXPENSE USING COURIER COMPANY OF CHOICE.

PM ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS.

Pictures: 

• By Astronutter
      Item: NAD C275 BEE Power Amp.   
      Price: $750 now $600 last price reduction, does not include postage
      Item Condition: Excellent 9/10
      Reason for selling: Got my dream amp
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: I bought this from BMT a couple of years back.  High current delivery which makes it a great match to Magneplanar speakers.  Absolutely stable into 4 ohms.  Can be configured as a mono block.

Reluctant to let it go but, I need to pay for a speaker upgrade so out it goes.  Great NAD sound, amazing mid range and plenty of power down below. Auditions in Bathurst welcome.

Shipping at buyers expense.

• By Astronutter
      Item:  Red Dragon Audio M200 Monoblocks
      Price: $675
      Item Condition: excellent 8.5/10
      Reason for selling: Got me my dream amp
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: These were apparently made as a special order for an America audio society.  Forget what you think you know about Class D amps, these are the real deal and deserve a serious listen. Thumping tight bass and extended sweet highs.  They run as cool as a cucumber to the touch.  Note these are balanced input only.  Auditions welcome if you are willing to come to Bathurst.

Price includes shipping within Australia

Pictures:  to come, when I get home

• By U&S Audio Visual
      Item: AUDIOLAB 8200MB MONO POWER AMPLIFIER (SILVER COLOUR ONLY) 50% OFF!
      Price: PRICE REDUCTION $2199  (PAIR) WAS $4399
      Item Condition: EX-DISPLAY IN MINT CONDITION
      Payment Method: EFT OR CASH
      Extra Info:FULL 2 YEARS WARRANTY

Pictures:

• By icabodfestus
      Item: 2 x VINCENT AUDIO SP-997 MONO BLOCK AMPLIFIERS, Silver in Colour
      Price: $500 each unit (Price is negotiable. Will consider offers)
      Item Condition: In very good condition, one has a small dint on the top edge, and a red mark on the face - see photos.
      Reason for selling: Down sizing my home theatre
      Payment and delivery method: Negotiable, although together weight is 13kg, so delivery is likely to be expensive, happy for pick up.

Extra Info: These have been used as monoblocks in combination with my Cambridge Audio Azur 840A. Have since needed to down grade, so have to give these up.
      The SP-997 Mini Mono Power Amplifier a logical consequence of the enormous success of our SP-996. Allot of time and effort has gone into the development of this unit, thus a natural partnership with the SAV-C1 decoder preamplifier from Vincent is assured. Whether you need Stereo or 7 channel this unit makes the perfect choice.
      In the SP-997 you have one integrated signal circuit, which after 30 minutes if no signal is being transmitted the unit completely switches off. In addition it comes with a 12V-Trigger, allowing you to switch numerous devices. Both functions are designed not to affect the audio signal.
      German design quality at it's best. You won't be disappointed with the audio these churn out.
      Specs as per the Vincent Audio website:
      System/Format: Mini Mono Integrated Amplifier
      Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 22 kHz +/- 0.5 dB
      Nominal Output Power: 2 x 200 Watts into 4 Ohm
      2 x 150 Watts into 8 Ohm
      Total Harmonic Distortion: < 0.1 % max. (1 kHz, 1 W)
      Input Sensitivity: 1.5 V
      Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 95 dB
      Input Impedance: 47 kOhm
      Mains Power Input: 230 V / 50 Hz
      Dimensions (W x H x D): 160 x 268 x 225 mm
      Weight: 6.5 kg
      Colour/Finish: black / silver
      More details available here:
      http://www.apollohifi.com.au/vincent-audio-sp997-mini-mono-block-amp.html
      RRP For these is $999 each.
      Will not separate.