1 minute ago, Yetiman said:

What are peoples thoughts on the LG-V40 128gb 6gbr +++ as they are on Ebay for $548 on sale ,,Cheers.

I am certainly no phone expert but these are nearly always on sale, mostly by JB. I think they are an older model that didn't go well and they have a lot of excess stock, but  I could be wrong.

JB had them on special for $499 a few weeks back.

not sure if same phone but the V30 etc are regarded well for their DAC apparantly. Darko speaks highly of them and says  they could easily replace alot DAPs in same price range.

no experience on my end with one but as rantan mentioned above JB have them on sale quite frequently.

• Like 3

I don't see any better phones for that price. I have the V30+. I paid 399 at JBs. I got it for the DAC (and the space, 128GB) to use as a DAP. The screen on the V30+ is it's weak point - it's not a patch on my samsung note5, which i use as my daily phone, but i won't be buying another Note at current prices. I believe the screen, and camera, were improved over the V30+ in the V40. I didn't get the V40 only because it is a fair bit bigger than the V30+, if it where the same size, I would have paid for the V40.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

Do the v40 and v30 have the same dac? 

Yes, but tuned a bit differently by MQA. From what I understand the main difference is that v40 comes with a weaker battery, and there are some claims that it does not sound as good as the V30 as a result when driving headphones. This youtube video begs to differ though.

• Like 1

I've read and watched a lot of reviews on the LG-V40 and they where all good, Supposedly Great screen, Great specs, Great cameras, Great dac and one of the only phones left with a 3.5 headphone jack.. Fingers crossed lol..

I went from apple to android mid this year. No regrets as yet

I chose the Huawei Mate 20 Pro, fantastic phone but am now kinda considering a DAP, but the LG v30+ keeps getting mentioned.  If JB throw a sale on it again I'll highly consider it, I like the idea of having something stand alone for travelling (I don't take my phone usually) but that also has full WiFi capability as well as a good dac. 

Mqa decoding doesn't phase me any but the ability to store my FLAC files with an sd card and still stream or download from spotify is a win.  

• Like 1

I bought the v30+ in the JB hifi , but haven't played with yet, still waiting on the screen protector to arrive. Will be interesting to compare it to my Samsung s7 

Edited by cafe67
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have been a long time LG Phone user, so is the wife. I would add that I have been getting them off the grey market from Hong Kong. They are great phones, I have a G7, G6 previously, and the wife a V30+. LG's mobile department does seem to get any publicity, which makes for great bargains from time to time.

• 10 months later...

Just to bring an old thread up.

I notice these are going for a good price again and seem to be in clearance.   Worth considering if you need a new phone and the certainly do the job as a good on the go music player DAP or as home streamer too....I think Darko did a video where he has this as his steamer and controls it from his other phone...

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/lg-v30-128gb-handset-black

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...