Sign in to follow this  
Tweaky

New Garrard released ?

I knew that SME had bought the Garrard name some time ago, and it was reported that they were bringing it back.

Well it seems they also bought Loricroft, who were the only licensed repairers of Garrard motor units.

I have just visited the Darko Audio site, where there is a very brief report from the UK's "HiFi LIVE! show that was recently held at Ascot.

The first picture of the show shows Aventgarde Duo Primo speakers, with Nagra electronics and with both SME and Garrard turntables.

https://darko.audio/2019/10/the-2019-uk-hi-fi-show-live-from-ascot/

I somehow doubt they would be showing a vintage Garrard next to a new SME, especially since they are both owner by the same company, so it's not unreasonable to think that this must be the first of the new born [not re-birthed] Garrard's.

So I did a quick search, and there it is on Garrard's website.

https://garrardturntables.co.uk/

It's a solid reproduction with slight improvements [although they are not giving much away in details] of a Garrard 301 motor unit, in a new plinth, matched with a SME M2-12R .

No mention of price anywhere that I can find.

well probably just seen the somewhat silly money restorations and reproduction with plinth creations etc go for and jumping on that. cant blame them. love the look of the 301 and plinth there. still cant believe met parents gave a lovely valve radiogram away when garrad deck on it :D

I have added this to my wish list