20% off music at JB.

13 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

I can't find anything about it on the JB site.  Maybe I have to put it in my cart and go to checkout to find any discount?

12 hours ago, metal beat said:

You have to wait 4 the weekend ??

Patience Ant, patience!?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, wasabijim said:

anyone scratch their 20% off vinyl itch? 

Nah.

It seems like all the LPs I wanted were delivery only and after factoring in shipping cost, the savings were minimal. If I could have the ones I wanted as in-store-pickup, it would have been different.

I picked up CW Stoneking "Gon' Boogaloo" to roundout his discography on vinyl.. Cleaned it, spun it, found it was damaged, took it back, was the only copy they had in stock, now waiting for delivery of a replacement with fingers crossed that it's not damaged aswell because it's a great album.

There were a few others tempting me ( I looked at every single LP on the shelves because I was bored) they had all 3 Tex Don & Charlie albums in stock, first time I've seen them in-store, but Mrs Esquire is currently in Germany and also buying LPs to bring back so the music budget is pretty tight at the moment.

29 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Have no idea about the others but Ghosteen is a beautiful album. I've put that aside for Black Friday.

Cheers M

For those who didn't rush out and buy a copy of Ghosteen from JB it is almost half price through Amazon. I am undecided whether I will buy it or not but at this price, it may be worth a go.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Ghosteen-Nick-Cave-Bad-Seeds/dp/B07Y9D3XGD/ref=tmm_vnl_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rantan said:

For those who didn't rush out and buy a copy of Ghosteen from JB it is almost half price through Amazon. I am undecided whether I will buy it or not but at this price, it may be worth a go.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Ghosteen-Nick-Cave-Bad-Seeds/dp/B07Y9D3XGD/ref=tmm_vnl_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

amazon au have no idea what they are talking about.   It was released on Friday.   

BTW - The album is one of Nick's best - definately buy it.

Pre-order
 $27.99
Quantity:                                                                                                                                                             1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                3                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

FREE Delivery for Prime members

This item has not yet been released.
You may pre-order it now and we will deliver it to you when it arrives.

Ships from and sold by Amazon AU.
  • Like 1

I definitely eyed off Ghosteen but passed because I'm not sure how well it fits within my vinyl habit; I try to only buy the stuff that I have/will keep coming back to for the forseeable rest of my life. Whils I agree Ghosteen is a beautiful piece of art (and history considering the context) I just don't see myself spinning it that often BECAUSE it so masterfully pulls me into such a reflective, sombre mood. Which is generally the opposite effect I'm after when spinning a record.

It is nice to hear that the sound quality is good and it comes with proper inner sleeves. Something most new releases/reissues are lacking.

• Like 1