Sign in to follow this  
unclemack

20% off music at JB.

It’s on again this weekend. 20% off music. CD and Vinyl. This is the first of what should be a trilogy of sales on music. Should happen again on Black Friday and then Boxing Day. Giddy-up!!
Cheers, M

Is it on line sales as well as in store?

They better have stock of Nick Cave's new album 

I can't find anything about it on the JB site.  Maybe I have to put it in my cart and go to checkout to find any discount?

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz

24 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

I can't find anything about it on the JB site.  Maybe I have to put it in my cart and go to checkout to find any discount?

You have to wait 4 the weekend 😀😀

when its going/active the listed items have the discount applied and it shows how much has been taken off whether in your basket or not

Since when did JB start selling Cassettes ?  

10 hours ago, metal beat said:

They better have stock of Nick Cave's new album 

Got stock of that in the other day. 👍

Just now, unclemack said:

Got stock of that in the other day. 👍

yes, I see it's available in store now.   I don't want to wait till tomorrow thou :cry:

Yep. Vinyl 20% off tomorrow. Just put my copy on hold and will collect tomorrow. Thanks for heads-up!

13 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

12 hours ago, metal beat said:

You have to wait 4 the weekend 😀😀

Patience Ant, patience!🤣

Hi,

No, too far there and back, I would have to buy $300+ to make it worth while, usually do this sort of shopping when in Melbourne, or have something that needs doing in Geelong.

JJ

5 minutes ago, wasabijim said:

anyone scratch their 20% off vinyl itch? 

Nah.

It seems like all the LPs I wanted were delivery only and after factoring in shipping cost, the savings were minimal. If I could have the ones I wanted as in-store-pickup, it would have been different.

I picked up CW Stoneking "Gon' Boogaloo" to roundout his discography on vinyl.. Cleaned it, spun it, found it was damaged, took it back, was the only copy they had in stock, now waiting for delivery of a replacement with fingers crossed that it's not damaged aswell because it's a great album.

There were a few others tempting me ( I looked at every single LP on the shelves because I was bored) they had all 3 Tex Don & Charlie albums in stock, first time I've seen them in-store, but Mrs Esquire is currently in Germany and also buying LPs to bring back so the music budget is pretty tight at the moment.

29 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Have no idea about the others but Ghosteen is a beautiful album. I've put that aside for Black Friday.

Cheers M

Indeed, I couldn't resist.  I was eyeing off a couple of reissues that I already have on CD, decided to go with a couple that I'm not yet familiar with...

The Flaming Lips:  'Oczy Mlody'

Sigur Rós:  'Kveikur'

For those who didn't rush out and buy a copy of Ghosteen from JB it is almost half price through Amazon. I am undecided whether I will buy it or not but at this price, it may be worth a go.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Ghosteen-Nick-Cave-Bad-Seeds/dp/B07Y9D3XGD/ref=tmm_vnl_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

3 minutes ago, rantan said:

For those who didn't rush out and buy a copy of Ghosteen from JB it is almost half price through Amazon. I am undecided whether I will buy it or not but at this price, it may be worth a go.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Ghosteen-Nick-Cave-Bad-Seeds/dp/B07Y9D3XGD/ref=tmm_vnl_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

amazon au have no idea what they are talking about.   It was released on Friday.   

BTW - The album is one of Nick's best - definately buy it.

Pre-order
 $27.99
Quantity:                                                                                                                                                             1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                3                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

FREE Delivery for Prime members

This item has not yet been released.
You may pre-order it now and we will deliver it to you when it arrives.

Ships from and sold by Amazon AU.

I definitely eyed off Ghosteen but passed because I'm not sure how well it fits within my vinyl habit; I try to only buy the stuff that I have/will keep coming back to for the forseeable rest of my life. Whils I agree Ghosteen is a beautiful piece of art (and history considering the context) I just don't see myself spinning it that often BECAUSE it so masterfully pulls me into such a reflective, sombre mood. Which is generally the opposite effect I'm after when spinning a record.

It is nice to hear that the sound quality is good and it comes with proper inner sleeves. Something most new releases/reissues are lacking.

1 minute ago, metal beat said:

BTW - The album is one of Nick's best - definately buy it.

Thanks mate, at that price I probably will and I am perfectly willing to wait.:thumb: