Sign in to follow this  
Class A Audio

Dynaudio Confidence C4 Platinum Floorstanding Speakers Brand New - Mocca finish

Item:  Dynaudio Confidence C4 Platinum Floorstanding Speakers Brand New - High Gloss Mocca finish
Location: Class A Audio, 8/585 Blackburn Rd, Notting Hill, VIC, 3168
Price: $17800 plus $300 delivery
Item Condition: Brand new, still in packing crates
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Bank Transfer
Extra Info:

C4 Platinum

Listen with Confidence

New materials, techniques and the application of new acoustic theories means ‘great’ just got greater

They stand 1.73m tall. They have two 28m Esotar2 tweeters with our own precision coating. They use two 15cm midrange drivers and two 20cm woofers – all made from our very own Magnesium Silicate Polymer material. And their ultra-lightweight aluminium voice-coils accompany non-magnetic Kapton formers, high-quality internal wiring and a sophisticated first-order crossover.

The C4s produce utterly captivating sound – from incredibly deep, controlled bass to clear, smooth, detailed highs.

What’s Dynaudio Directivity Control?

Much like motor-racing technology ends up in your family car, we’ve taken the expertise we’ve gained from decades of building professional monitors for major recording studios and applied it to home audio.

It’s all about compensating for floors and ceilings – which reflect the sound coming from your loudspeakers and introduce distortions and time delays. It’s those effects that colour the sound you hear – and while a splash of colour is lovely on the wall, you don’t want it in your music.

We utilised Dynaudio Directivity Control (DDC) in the Confidence Platinum C4 and C2 to minimise those unwanted distortions. The vertical symmetrical driver array and sophisticated crossover are designed to reduce the energy dispersed to floors and ceilings by up to 75%. That means more of it comes directly to you in your seat, and makes the speakers far less dependent on the room they’re in.

It isn’t just a driver arrangement, though: every part of the signal chain is optimised for the technology. Each tweeter complements each woofer in frequency response and phase relationship. Each crossover component is precisely selected for the job. And on the floorstanding speakers in the Confidence Platinum range, we make sure each set of drivers and crossover parts is precisely matched to the other – so they work in tandem.

Technical specifications

Sensitivity: 88dB (2,83V / 1m)

IEC Power Handling: 400W

Impedance: 4 Ohms

Frequency Response (±3dB): 27Hz – 25kHz

Box Principle: Bass Reflex Rear Ported

Crossover: 3 (4) way

Crossover Frequencies: 730, 2200, (8000)Hz

Crossover Topology: 1st order

Woofer: 2 x 20cm MSP

Midrange: 2 x 15cm MSP

Tweeter: 2 x 28mm Esotar²

Weight: 55kg

Dimensions (W x H x D): 250 x 1732 x 445mm

Dimensions with feet/grill (W x H x D): 420 x 1732 x 475mm

dyn_c4platinum_mocca_grille.jpg

dyn_c4platinum_mocca_productpic.jpg

Edited by Class A Audio
Replacing image

My dream speakers for many, many years. Going to stay that way sadly. Hopefully someone picks these beauties up.

That photo is absolutely outstanding.👏

15 minutes ago, rantan said:

That photo is absolutely outstanding.👏

Looks like "Mocker" to me

I don't have any confidence in that photo. 😜

2 hours ago, bzr said:

Looks like "Mocker" to me

RT would never do that.... 😲

But I do have to say the box work DOES inspire a degree of confidence in the build quality of the contents (if we could see them..)

On 07/11/2019 at 4:00 PM, Class A Audio said:
Item:  Dynaudio Confidence C4 Platinum Floorstanding Speakers Brand New - High Gloss Mocca finish
Location: Class A Audio, 8/585 Blackburn Rd, Notting Hill, VIC, 3168
Price: $17800 plus $300 delivery
Item Condition: Brand new, still in packing crates
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Bank Transfer
Extra Info:

C4 Platinum

Listen with Confidence

New materials, techniques and the application of new acoustic theories means ‘great’ just got greater

They stand 1.73m tall. They have two 28m Esotar2 tweeters with our own precision coating. They use two 15cm midrange drivers and two 20cm woofers – all made from our very own Magnesium Silicate Polymer material. And their ultra-lightweight aluminium voice-coils accompany non-magnetic Kapton formers, high-quality internal wiring and a sophisticated first-order crossover.

The C4s produce utterly captivating sound – from incredibly deep, controlled bass to clear, smooth, detailed highs.

What’s Dynaudio Directivity Control?

Much like motor-racing technology ends up in your family car, we’ve taken the expertise we’ve gained from decades of building professional monitors for major recording studios and applied it to home audio.

It’s all about compensating for floors and ceilings – which reflect the sound coming from your loudspeakers and introduce distortions and time delays. It’s those effects that colour the sound you hear – and while a splash of colour is lovely on the wall, you don’t want it in your music.

We utilised Dynaudio Directivity Control (DDC) in the Confidence Platinum C4 and C2 to minimise those unwanted distortions. The vertical symmetrical driver array and sophisticated crossover are designed to reduce the energy dispersed to floors and ceilings by up to 75%. That means more of it comes directly to you in your seat, and makes the speakers far less dependent on the room they’re in.

It isn’t just a driver arrangement, though: every part of the signal chain is optimised for the technology. Each tweeter complements each woofer in frequency response and phase relationship. Each crossover component is precisely selected for the job. And on the floorstanding speakers in the Confidence Platinum range, we make sure each set of drivers and crossover parts is precisely matched to the other – so they work in tandem.

Technical specifications

Sensitivity: 88dB (2,83V / 1m)

IEC Power Handling: 400W

Impedance: 4 Ohms

Frequency Response (±3dB): 27Hz – 25kHz

Box Principle: Bass Reflex Rear Ported

Crossover: 3 (4) way

Crossover Frequencies: 730, 2200, (8000)Hz

Crossover Topology: 1st order

Woofer: 2 x 20cm MSP

Midrange: 2 x 15cm MSP

Tweeter: 2 x 28mm Esotar²

Weight: 55kg

Dimensions (W x H x D): 250 x 1732 x 445mm

Dimensions with feet/grill (W x H x D): 420 x 1732 x 475mm

eef157e80f55280f5a224bbc627960d5.jpg

Edited by Class A Audio

Do yourself a favour people, these are the most amazing speakers to listen to and the finish is just incredible. I paired mine up with a tube set-up and they are just glorious! You wont be disappointed and for that price ........ wow

sigh . . . .  .if i have the spare cash i would be all over em

54 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Brand new.  Excellent price.

Are these still available?

Yes, one pair left , pls contact us directly if you are interested .

Regards,

Kevin

Class A Audio

www.classaaudio.com.au

8/585 Blackburn Road,

Notting Hill, VIC 3168

Tel 03 85550735

One day. One day.

Got the cash, but this a later in life indulgence.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MKSOUND_HT
      Item:  Q Acoustics Concept 40 Floorstanding Speakers (Gloss Black)
      Item Condition: New in box. Sealed
      Price: $1350

Item: Q Acoustics Concept 20 Bookshelf Speakers (Gloss Black)
      Price: $580

Item: 1x Set of Q Acoustics Concept Series Speaker Stands (White)
      Price: $320 Per pair of Stands

Reason for selling: Went with another configuration 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

Shipping is very much preferred. Have original boxes so they are all ready to go. Will happily check a quote for anyone interested (or semi interested)

Photos:

Location: Rowville (Postage preferred - can post anywhere in aus for extra through courier)
      Reason for selling: Changing different Path
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only (postage preferred at this stage)
      Extra Info:
      Was imported from the UK. No more stock was available in Australia.

Photo for reference (found online)

• By seadog
      Item: ATC SCM40A - Active Speakers in Cherry
      Price: $7,300
      Item Condition: 9.5/10 & only because it's been used from new. Not a mark or scratch on them. Less than 12m old.
      Reason for selling: Moving further up the ATC range
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Direct Bank Deposit Only
      Extra Info: 

This is an EOI only because I will not be ready to sell these until May this year. There is an approx. 6 week lead time if you wanted these new from a dealer anyway, that just the way it is with ATC, they are built to order basically.

These speakers sell themselves. If you know ATC then you know they are a rock solid speaker company in regards to build quality, long warranty (6 years and fully transfereable to new owners), from a company who has been doing consumer and pro. active speakers for decades, a massive reputation and following for their sound quality and build quality - they simply do not fail (you have to abuse them or a lightning strike etc.) The reviews are all over the web, and on ATC own website, on hi fi forums etc. I was not really an active speaker believer before, now I will never go back to a passive, happy to discuss in depth to anyone intersted in these on why active speakers are the way to go. The build date of these are May 2019, so they will still have 5 years worth of warranty to run for the new owner. Cannot get better piece of mind than that. I have all the original boxes, manuals, speaker grills, powercords etc.

I have mine in a 4m x 8m room and they are great in that size room, and being a sealed speaker design, you can also get by in much smaller room than you would think too.

So I need to align the sale of these speakers with my order of the speakers that I am moving up to, hence the looooooong EOI time frame.

Happy to discuss and demo. local in Perth and happy to ship to an interstate buyer, however the buyer pays the shipping & insurance etc. 

**The Isolation feet and powercords in the photos are not part of the sale, I'll be keeping them for the new speakers.**

• By Thi Nguyen
      Item: Kimber Select KS2436AG USB Cable 0.5m
      Price: 400 FIRM + Postage
      Item Condition: Perfect Condition 9/10 ( could be seen as brand new - comes with outer cardboard box as well as the original mini pelican case)
      Reason for selling: Too many USB cables
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

Save yourself big $$$ - these cables go for $1812 RRP from JD Audio online - https://www.jdaudioonline.com.au/product/kimber-select-ks-2436/

Beautiful Sounding Cable and when reviewed by Audiobacon beats the Curious Cable

"When I first A/B’ed the Kimber with the Curious, I thought they sounded very similar as far as tone and resolution. Over time the Kimber AG is the better sounding cable by providing a smoother and more coherent listening experience"

Blurb from Kimber:

Kimber Select Hand Crafted USB Cable KS-2436
      Lift the veil that separates you from your music with this handcrafted USB audio cable. Our artisan approach to every single detail of the production of the KS2400 series delivers awesome improvements in sound quality that simply cannot be achieved by mass produced machine-built cables. Your music will come alive before you as the KS2400 series lowers the noise floor and increases the dynamics across the entire tonal range. Close your eyes and let your music carry you away!

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Thi Nguyen
      Item: Curious Evolved Blue USB Cable 0.8m
      Price: $400
      Item Condition: 9.9/10 practically brand new with all wrappings on usb still kept
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

Up for sale is my Curious Evolved Blue USB cable - this is the latest cable from Curious and is a jump over the previous yellow curious cable which in itself was a very respectable cable. This cable easily competes with the best cables out there in the market!!! Gives a very natural tonal quality to the music

These were only release a few months ago around October (??), the cable has barely been burnt in and is the first one advertised on Stereonet

Get yourself one at a much cheaper price than RRP ($650?)

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Thi Nguyen
      Isotek Syncro Evo3 Power Cable (2m) w/ DC blocker
      Price: 1000 Firm inc postage in Australia
      Item Condition: 9.9/10 (Presents as new)
      Reason for selling: Surplus to my system
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

This is one of Isoteks Top of the Line Cables and retails for $2950, creates big improvements in both sources and big power amps etc. Helps with hum in systems as it has the active DC blocker

They come with the 24K Gold Plug Ends. - everything is fully boxed together with the outer box as well. Currently has C15 Plug which is standard for majority of hifi systems

These currently have US plugs on them as I use US plugs for all my system - there is a possibility to change these plugs to Aus Plugs, 

Blurb from Isotek:

"The Isotek EVO3 Synchro Active DC-Blocking cable has a DC synchro circuit housed in an anti-resonance aluminium case positioned part way down the length. It consists of a unique circuit designed to synchronise the mains supply in order to provide a perfectly symmetrical sine wave, which delivers significant sonic improvements when used with any hi-fi separates.
      Syncro can also be used to power all IsoTek power conditioning systems giving a global effect.
      Syncro also incorporates unique DC-cancelling electronics that rebalance the mains sine wave to dramatically reduce/silence transformer hum. This sophisticated double shielded power cable also features ultra high purity silver plated OCC Copper conductors and Teflon FEB dielectric.

Uniquely removes harmful DC by rebalancing the mains sine wave
      Silver plated OCC (Ohno Continious Cast) copper square strands from three 3sqmm conductors. These are set in a parallel construction with slight rotational twist.
      Mylar foil wrap and earthed OFC shield offer the maximum RFI rejection.
      Teflon FEP dielectric (insulation) offers chemically inert and very low dielectric constant over a wide frequency range.
      Cotton filler gives internal strength and reduces microphony.
      12.5mm diameter PVC outer jacket gives a high degree of flexibility and mechanical strength.
      Terminated using IsoTek's Audiophile grade connectors of solid OFC with 24ct gold plated conductors.
      16A rated and available in UK, EU, US, AU versions with C7, C15, C19 and Neutrik terminations.
      Standard 2.0M length, custom lengths available."