grorr76

Vinyl clean out audiophile jazz, rare stuff blue notes, mofi, music matters, org

Item: Various lps
Price:  as listed see listing
Item Condition: see listing
Reason for selling: downsizing collection
Payment Method: PayPal only

NO PICKS UPS Shipping $15 australia wide per order

Extra Info:

MOFI Bill Evans one step pressing portrait of jazz 2 LP box set $199 (sold)

Melody Gardot 3lp Live in Europe, played once $99 SOLD

London Grammar truth is a wonderfull thing ltd 2lp pressing $50 SOLD

Paul McCartney Egypt Station Spotify green vinyl (played one) 2lp $70

Norah jones begin again single lp $30

Think by Lonnie smith Blue note 80th anniversary edition all aaa mastered by Kevin grey (unplayed unopened) $30.  sold 

Doin allright Blue note 80th anniversary edition all aaa mastered by Kevin grey (unplayed unopened) $30 Sold

Nina Simone  little girl blue 2lp analogue productions $50.   (sold)

Horace Silver Horacescope 2nd pressing 1966 Blue note in immaculate condition complete with original inner bag. The cover to is in amazing condition extremely rare $200

Bill Evans Evans in England 2lp record store day release $60.  (SOLD)

Hank Mobley Hank mobley quartet Music Matters SRX vinyl release rare and out of print $80 cover and record mint SOLD 

Anne Bisson Trip 4 seasons in jazz direct to disk complete with book 2lps very deluxe $120

Anne Bisson Blue mind 2lp $60

Couple more Not Pictured

Kenny Durham Afro Cuban Blue note Music matter reissue $80. SOLD

Kamasi Washington heaven and earth 4lp $60

Kamasi Washington the epic $60

Wayne shorter blue note EMA multi lp cd box set complete with graphic novel book $100 (SOLD)

any questions pm me

bare with me when sending questions I will get back to everyone who contacts me.

cheers

IMG_20191107_143016_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20191107_142847_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20191107_142819.jpg

IMG_20191107_142903_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20191107_142913_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20191107_142937_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20191107_142944_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20191107_142951_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20191107_142957.jpg

IMG_20191107_143010_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20191107_142807.jpg

IMG_20191107_142759.jpg

IMG_20191107_142855_Bokeh.jpg

Edited by grorr76

2 minutes ago, omara31 said:

Hank Mobley please . 

noted will be in contact to get yr details in the next day or two

I ll take Bill Evans plse if still available 

4 minutes ago, garm1520 said:

Nina Simone, please.

Postage to 2153.

$15 pp australia wide... sale noted ill take it down will be in contact next day or to to get details and payment

1 minute ago, warrok said:

sold to u will be in contact to do deal...

3 minutes ago, warrok said:

silly me forgot to ask which Bill Evans there's 2

5 minutes ago, Porkbuns69 said:

@grorr76 Hi, will take Melody - Live in Europe please..

done ill be in contact

Just now, Mat-with-one-t said:

Is the Bill Evan MoFi box gone?

nope yours if you want it.. pm to let me know..

side note to purchasers , ill be finalising all sales on Saturday , all sales are noted who has bought what..

Hi mate - is the Wayne Shorter set vinyl or CD? -  I couldnt tell from the ad. If its the vinyl one I'll take it!

Geoff

34 minutes ago, gator2310 said:

Hi mate - is the Wayne Shorter set vinyl or CD? -  I couldnt tell from the ad. If its the vinyl one I'll take it!

Geoff

its both.. send me a pm if u want to go ahead @gator2310   cd 3xlp and graphic novel

Lonnie Smith if still available please.

Afro Cuban music matters please! Also London grammar. Cheers

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BuzzzFuzzz
      Hey Guys.

I'm interested in which records you listen to with the most regularity, especially all you well known members, but encouraging newcomers who may become well known in time
      Even as I post regularly, I don't post everything I listen to and over time our more often played choices may not be apparent.
      Feel free to elaborate on your choices to your hearts content, we all have a story when it comes to our favourite records and bands.  Some of you know I like to ramble on a bit sometimes.
      Keeping it exclusively vinyl with different threads for other formats.

Maybe two lists each with three albums...  1.  Top 3 giving you the most delight at present.
                                                                                      2.  Top 3 on highest rotation in collection.

I've been buying some new vinyl recently.  When I was young all records sounded bloody unreal.  We had a nice Pioneer stereo and it rocked.  When my brother and I moved into a flat, he had a very nice system too.
      After joining this forum around 3 years ago, my ears have certainly become a lot more critical and quite a few of my records sound pretty ordinary, compared with others that are commonly accepted as great sounding records i.e. Roxy Music's 'Avalon'.
      I now have some awesome sounding vinyl, but I'm looking for better versions of some of my favourite albums.  The prime example is Black Sabbath's 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath'.  I have had two, second hand, Aust. pressings that were in fair condition, and currently the Earmark reissue which is just woeful.  One of my top three albums and I don't listen to vinyl - shame on me!  I'm on the hunt for the Rhino Records reissue.

Right now I listen to great sounding records.  My top 3 spinners right now are -

1.  Muse  'Origin of Symmetry' 
          The only Muse album I have on vinyl, picked up at JB HiFi soon after release.
          I have most of their CD's and a couple of DVD's, saw them at Riverstage in Brisbane around 2009(?)
          Great sounding record and Muse in strong form.

2.  The Angels  'Two Minute Warning'
           I've only had this about two weeks but it's been getting a workout.  The sound is as I remember from an old friend's copy - excellent.
           The band I have seen the most in my life.  This album was released as I was finishing year 12 and beginning to go to licenced gigs.
           Live music and Aussie pub rock were in fine form.  I've always been happy with the CD, but recently added to my essential vinyl supply.

3.  Alkaloid  'Liquid Anatomy' 
           Progressive, Technical Death Metal from Germany.
           You'll see from my next top 3 list that Metal is normally my thing.
           My first gig was Maiden's 'The Beast on the Road'.  I listen to many styles of music but I always return to Metal.
           Very impressed with the all round quality of this release.

My Top 3 records ever in rotation are...

1.  KISS  'Dynasty'    
           The first record I ever bought myself.  I have a lovely U.S. promo copy that sounds awesome.  My original Aussie copy was played to death. 
           It's No.1 on the list because it was the first.  I've never really liked 'I was Made for Lovin' You' & 'Sure Know Something', but the rest of the album rocks.
           For me it is the sound of New York from that time, I have strong, positive emotional connections to the record itself and the music. 

2.  Black Sabbath  'Mob Rules'     
           When I first got back into records around three years ago, this was the first album I replaced, with a second NM Aussie pressing.
           I was in year 8 when this was released, it copped a flogging on our stereo and I especially liked it through the headphones.
           Another record that transports me back every time it spins.
           It's always a toss up between this and 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath', and as I don't currently listen to that on vinyl it can't be listed.

3.  Led Zeppelin  'IV'
           I have had three Aussie pressings and the Jimmy Page remaster.  
           Have always loved this classic record and it transports me to a magical, medieval world.

There are no rules - Enjoy -

• By HiFiArk
      Item: Sansui SR-212 Vintage 70s Turntable - Japan - Professionally Restored & Upgraded
      Price: $450, open to reasonable offers
      Item Condition: Very Good, recently serviced/restored/upgraded and working.
      Reason for selling: No longer required
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

I recently inherited this Sansui SR-212 turntable , which is of 1970s vintage and is made in Japan. The turntable employs a unique multiple suspension/insulation system to eliminate howling ( it has a suspended sub-chassis design). 

The deck is in really nice condition, no major blemishes to speak of. Even the lid is in good condition, no cracks and the hinges also appear to be working fine.

It did need some minor repair work to get it up and running, so I engaged Chris from Spin Doctor Music here in Sydney to repair/restore the deck for me which he did very well.

In the process the following upgrades were also made to the deck :
      Brand new drive belt Brand new Jelco HS-25 cartridge shell was purchased and installed onto the tonearm Brand new Ortofon 2M Silver MM phono cartridge was purchased, installed and aligned Brand new AUS power cord was installed  
      Initially I thought I might use this Sansui TT in a second system, but It turns out that I won't be making use of it after all.

So , it's up for sale now to someone who can make use of it.

Everything is in good working order, including the arm cueing and auto-return mechanism. Platter speed has been tested by Spin Doctor Music and is accurate and stable at both 33.1/3 and 45 speeds.

Some more info and general specs on this turntable are available here:
      https://www.vinylengine.com/library/sansui/sr-212.shtml

Note of course that this one has the Ortofon 2M Silver cart and Jelco headshell upgrades. The Ortofon 2M Silver seems to sit between the 2M Blue and the 2M Bronze in the Ortofon 2M lineup.  I will also provide the original headshell and also the (probably very worn out) original SC-37 IM cartridge.

I don’t have any boxes or packaging for the deck, so I would prefer local pickup from Sydney.

I've also got the original operation manual for it.

The new Ortofon 2M Silver cartridge and Jelco HS-25 headshell together alone would cost over $400 RRP. 

Buyer will need to add their own RCA-RCA phono cable to connect the deck to an amp/phono stage.

Local pickup Sydney only. COD payment is easiest, or happy to receive a bank/BSB or PayPal Friends transfer before pickup.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By candyflip
      COMPLETED!
      see final page...
      Thank you all 🙏

R U OK?

This raffle seeks to support one of our own, a charity giving drive by respected not-for-profit,
      The Wayside Chapel - Sydney

"...Today is R U OK? Day and for the occasion, all Wayside staff across both locations are going to come together to celebrate each other and talk about how we are doing. There will be a few fun activities in store for them, including a pie-tasting contest.
      News has come through this week of a sports-star that has died in a “single car accident”. He was an unofficial campaigner for men’s mental health and I will always remember when he talked about his struggles. As a young man he once shared they had always been told to forget their emotions and suck it up, and later he realised that when we struggle it is important to take our hand and stick it up, and say, “I’m not going so well”.
      Our lives are a journey and not an event, so we will re-commit to walking and talking together as we care for all those who fall by the Wayside. We will remind ourselves that we don’t need anyone to be an expert, we just have to be present enough to look someone in the eyes, ask how they are and listen. We know that when any of us walk away feeling met rather than worked on, then positive action is a likely outcome...."

Please follow the link to see where the raffle funds will go:
      https://www.waysidechapel.org.au/precious-and-fragile/

How it works:
      ·         the record (and postage to anywhere in Australia) is offered FREE as a prize to SNA members.
      ·         ALL raffle funds donated in this raffle are going straight to the above link after close.
      ·         A receipt of the funds given to Wayside Chapel  and will be posted here with the video draw.
      ·         The winner gets the prizes posted to their door, FREE.
      ·         Everyone else feeds, clothes and supports in a myriad of ways, the homeless.
      ·         Unlimited $$ donations accepted until 10pm, Thursday 19/09/19

Donate here:  https://paypal.me/pools/c/8i9ygo9iJC 

* Please drop a note in this thread to let us know you’ve donated and I can allocate you a number.
      No number requests please - they will be assigned in order of receipt of a donation.

* ‘The Hat’ software will do the draw.
      It’s old and creaky, but it does the job with a GUI front-end I can film, as we do the draw together.
      The SNA Admin and Moderator Team will have full oversight of this process.

The prize is:

VINYL

VARIOUS ARTISTS - TRAINSPOTTING - 1996 Double vinyl original UK 1st pressing (EMI ‎– 7243 8 37190 1 3) like Brand New. These in such great condition are *really* hard to find - and can be worth anything from AU$100+ and up.
      Play it, display it, flip it, your choice.

IEM's

Ortofon e-Q7 in black (as donated by  @A J  - thank you!) worth around $400 when new in box.

So get into this...help the homeless with a small donation of anything you think worthy, and maybe carry away these wonderful prizes.

thank you.    

Donations go here :  https://paypal.me/pools/c/8i9ygo9iJC   (PayPal POOL set up specifically for this cause)

RAFFLE DRAW Numbers are as follows (assigned in order of receipt of donation, and named as per PayPal identity or SNA handle when known - please correct me where I've got it wrong?):

Zippi (Zlatan) David C (DarkNark) Steven Ilich (Mendes) Simon M  Andrew J (A J) Ray Bull  (qlder75) Les (LogicprObe) Murray (ThirdDrawerDown) Matthew F  Ben L (luzart) Suresh R (pine weasel) Emiel L Glen M (glenm64) Ian F (Muon 'N) Marty D (woopwoop360) Brendan M (reflux075) Matt H (Sceeta) Rod c (rodders3) Les W (Uncle Seth) M.Stammers (Interface)  

• By Doomguy
      Item: Records
      Price: free
      Item Condition: varying - listed below
      Reason for selling: Just want them gone
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      taken Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones has some damage to the front cover (scratches or something, that's how I got it and why I asked for a replacement). It also has a small pressing defect, on side B I think it was, resulting in 15-20 seconds or so of a repeated click or pop each rotation. Sounds good otherwise.
      taken Candlemass - Nightfall only reason I'm getting rid of this is I've replaced it with an '88 Metal Blade pressing as I prefer the original mix and master. It's near mint, nothing wrong with it, giving it away as nobody has wanted to buy it from me.
      taken The Dynospectrum - Self titled Arrived banged up in the mail, was sent a replacement so I don't need this one. Haven't listened to this copy but my replacement sounds immaculate and looks great in the black and white mix. 
      taken Deltron 3030 - self titled I just wasn't very happy with this copy I received and am probably going to settle for the CD version. It's sibilant and noisy in places for me, mostly side A and D, even after cleaning. Maybe it'll work better for you, no harm in trying it for free.

Pick up from Rowville would be strongly preferred, but if somebody wants to cover shipping costs I could do so if there's no other bites.  I could provide pics of specific things you want to see if needed.
      Photos: 
    • By APuri
      Item: A bunch of stellar Jazz LPs (see below)
      Price: Details below
      Item Condition: Details below
      Reason for selling: Culling the herd
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (Friends & family only)
      Extra Info:
      Shipped in secondhand, LP-specific cardboard mailers to ensure safe delivery!
      Postage will be charged at or below cost (AusPost), and is in ADDITION to the quoted prices below. Combined postage is certainly possible.
      Money back guarantee on these LPs, they are in awesome condition and I stand by my word - buyer will need to cover return shipping.

All LPs graded according to the Goldmine Standard
      https://support.discogs.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001566193-How-To-Grade-Items 
      Conservative grading
      Cover first / Record second
      I do a quick playthrough prior to listing these, and will comment on obvious audio imperfections...guaranteed no surprises, buy with confidence!

Bobby Hutcherson - Components (Stereo) - Blue Note - US 2015 BN75 reissue LP (BST84213) NM/NM. Pretty much brand new. Only a few months old. Played once or twice. Solid pressing for the price. Vibraphone based jazz at its finest. $22

Chick Corea - The Song of SInging (Stereo) - Blue Note - Japanese Toshiba Pressing 1985 (BST84353) NM/NM. Pretty much in new condition, with shrink and hype sticker still present. Would be hard to find in this condition. Played once or twice only. Avant garde for the hardcore jazz lovers. $25

Miles Davis - Miles of Jazz (Mono) - Japan Mercury 1975 (BT-5011) VG/NM. Nice compilation. Glossy clean vinyl. $15

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Mosaic (Stereo) - Blue Note - US 2015 BN75 reissue LP (BST84090) NM/NM. Pretty much brand new. Only a few months old. Played once or twice. Solid pressing for the price. A great introduction to jazz for those just wanting to dip their toes in. $20

⭐Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds of Fire (Stereo) - Japanese 1st pressing CBS/Sony 1973 (SOPL 175) VG/NM (no OBI, with inner sleeve and liner notes). 1st pressing of a Jazz-Rock, fusion masterpiece. Featuring the great Billy Cobham on drums. Actually more like a prog-rock album IMHO. Electric guitar, violin, synth-driven odd time signature proggy goodness. Absolutely clean pressing, vinyl itself looks like new. Some clicks and pops through quieter passages, which would likely disappear with a good ultrasonic clean. Some creasing of the corners. $30

Miles Davis - Vol 2 (Stereo) - Blue Note - US 2015 BN75 reissue LP (BLP1502) VG+/NM. Pretty much brand new. Only a few months old. Played once or twice. Solid pressing for the price. Digital source I believe. VG grading as there is a slight crease at top right corner (shipped to me like this). A great introduction to jazz for those just wanting to dip their toes in. $20

Thad Jones & Mel Lewis - Suite for Pops (Stereo) - US Horizon 1975 (SP701) G+/VG+. Big band jazz. Cover is a little worn down. Vinyl itself plays with no major issue. $5

⭐Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Moanin’ (Stereo) – Blue Note - Japanese King pressing 1978 (FRP 5-2 / GXK 8044 / BST 84003) VG+/NM (no OBI, with liner notes in japanese).  This record sounds amazing; warm, rich, full analogue tone. Glossy black vinyl that plays beautifully without noise except some light pops/clicks audible only between tracks. Sleeve shows its age with some yellowing, and minor shelf wear only. King pressings are well known for their immaculate, quiet vinyl and amazing sound quality. Do some research and you’ll find their prices are steadily rising. This version in particular (FRP 5-2) is exceedingly rare, you wont even find it on Discogs. This album is a Jazz masterpiece, and no collection would be complete without it. Heres your chance at obtaining a pristine rare Japanese repress. $OLD

⭐Art Blakey Quintet - A Night At Birdland Vol 1 (Mono) - Blue Note - Japanese King pressing 1978 (GXK-8099M) VG+/NM (no OBI, with liner notes in Japanese). Record looks and plays like its brand new. Clean and jet black glossy, quiet wax with no imperfections visible/audible. Sleeve has some minor staining and shelf wear (see pics). King pressings are well known for their immaculate, quiet vinyl and amazing sound quality. Do some research and you’ll find their prices are steadily rising. This is a rare mono version of this amazing live performance, featuring legendary artists such as Horace Silver, and Lou Donaldson.  $OLD

Brown & Roach Incorporated - Brown & Roach Incorporated (Mono) - Japan Mercury 1974 (BT 1328) VG+/VG (no OBI, liner notes). Clifford Brown and Max Roach. Two legends, in a studio, riffing off each other. Some mind blowing chops on this one. Shiny vinyl looks mint, but plays with a little noise intermittently, hence the VG rating. $OLD

Charles Mingus - Mingus Dynasty (Stereo) - Japan CBS/Sony 1973 (SOPZ 28) NM/NM (no OBI, with inner sleeve and liner notes). Sleeve is still in shrink. A good example of post bop done right. Mingus was a phenomenal double bassist, and is supported by a stellar lineup here. $OLD

⭐The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out (Stereo) - Japan CBS/Sony 1974 (SOPM150) VG/VG+ (no OBI, with insert). A classic album, accessible cool jazz at its finest. Age-related brown staining of cover on front and back, and minor creasing at corners (see pics). Vinyl looks clean and glossy, with some fine, non feel-able scratches. Plays well with no skips. Some crackles and pops, only audible through quieter/silent passages. $OLD

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - 25th Anniversary Reunion (Stereo) - Japan Horizon/King 1977 (GP3514) NM/NM. Beautiful gatefold sleeve, in close to new condition. Vinyl looks glossy and new. Quiet pressing. Really well recorded/mastered live concert with the quartet playing the classics. $OLD

⭐John Coltrane - Live at the Village Vanguard Again! (Stereo) - Impulse! - US 1968 (AS9124) NM/NM. Again, thick and glossy gatefold sleeve, in close to new condition. Vinyl looks waxy and new, and plays through with no noise. Sounds like you’re there with the audience, very well recorded live performance. Overall amazing condition. $OLD

Sonny Clark - Cool Struttin' (Stereo) - Blue Note - Europe DOL 2015 (DOL834H) NM/NM. In close to new condition. Only played once. Clean, flat, thick 180g wax. Yes its a modern digital transfer, but the price reflects this. No better gateway drug into Blue Note goodness. Amazing hard bop, one of my favourites. $OLD

Sonny Rollins Quartet - Tenor Madness (Stereo) - Europe DOL 2015 (DOL871H) NM/NM. In close to new condition. Only played once. Again, a digital transfer, but so affordable. Monster album for the hard bop tenor sax fan. $OLD

Terumasa Hino - Trans-blue (Stereo) - Japan CBS/Sony 1985 (28AH 1835) NM/NM. Lovely group of jazz standards, performed with the backing of a full set of strings. Vinyl looks clean, and plays with no issue. $OLD

Chaka Khan / Freddie Hubbard / Joe Henderson / Chick Corea / Stanley Clarke / Lenny White - Echoes of an Era (Stereo) - Japan Elektra 1982 (P-11138) VG/NM. What a line up! Amazing vocal jazz. Chaka Khan is a powerhouse. Fingerprints/marks on the cover (more obvious against the gold). Gatefold. Glossy clean vinyl otherwise. $OLD

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. 
      I actually have quite a few more to sell, so keep an eye out for more posts from me this week!

Photos: