Sign in to follow this  
ThroneofGame

SOLD: FS: Original Vintage Knosti Disco-Antistat Record Washing Device

Item: Original Vintage Knosti Disco-Antistat Record Washing Device
Price: $70
Item Condition:  Like new - hardly used - except for the box - it was made about 20 years ago!
Reason for selling:  I have a VPI record cleaning machine
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:  This is the German-made - pre-unification (says Made in W. Germany) - original version of probably the most economical record cleaning device on the market!

• Cleans 7", 10" and 12" Records 
  • All fluids etc are supplied in the box.
  • Manual Record Cleaner. This is a very cost effective wet cleaning system for LP’s.
  • Supplied with Full instructions and 1.0 Litres of Cleaning Fluid
  • Easy To Use
  • Excellent Value
  • Extra Cleaning Fluid Easily obtainable

Submerges a record in a bath of cleaning fluid.

The principle is simple, two discs with a 100mm diameter, clamp each side of the record's label, thus protecting it during cleaning, this then rests in a groove at the top of the rectangular cleaning bath, the bath is topped up with supplied cleaning fluid, the record is then rotated around its central axis. As the record passes through the bath, two sets of brushes clean each side of the album. Once you’re happy with the results simply remove the record and centre clamps, and place your clean album on the rack to dry. Because the cleaning solution contains wetting agent, records dry without smears. When cleaning is complete, pour your used cleaning fluid from the bath through a filtering funnel back into you cleaning fluid bottle for re-use.

Read Marc Rushton's reveiw here:  https://www.stereo.net.au/reviews/review-knosti-disco-antistat-record-cleaner

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_5743.jpg

IMG_5745.jpg

IMG_5747.jpg

IMG_5748.jpg

IMG_5751.jpg

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stearem
      Item: Vintage speakers - 12" 3-way - Auditone brand, Made in Australia 
      Price: $350
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Extra Info:  Beautifully made speakers with high-quality drivers. Speakers are in excellent condition and perfect working order. There are a few marks on the cabinets but nothing major. Drivers are in superb condition. Very heavy, strong wood cabinets.

• By hiphile
      Item: NAD 5120 Turntable with Ortofon OM5E
      Price: $250
      Item Condition: Excellent overall. Perfect working condition, great cosmetically (perspex lid has superficial scratches from years of being wiped/cleaned).
      Reason for selling: Upgraded to a new TT
      Extra Info:

This NAD 5120 is a time capsule. I bought it mint from a gentleman in the outer Melbourne suburbs in 2012, he had bought it brand new in the late 80s, used it for a couple of months then stopped using it and had put it back in its original box. For 20+ years it was in storage in its original box and when I bought it I had the pleasure to unbox it again. The sticky tape had almost perished / disintegrated and left a sticky mess.. nothing a citrus cleanser can't fix of course.

Sounded pretty good out of the box (I had it hooked up to a Rega Fono Mini) but I knew the original cartridge and stylus would've been long past its best before date. I put a fresh Ortofon OM5E, a new drive belt and took it to Carlton AV for a proper setup and voila, it sings!

Over the last 9 years I have enjoyed the NAD, listening on average only 1-2 hours per month - it did not get much use at all. Very very clean deck overall and well looked after. Stylus is regularly cleaned with a carbon bristle brush and has dust cap included.

The NAD 5120 is the epitome of NAD's quirkiness + 80s overengineering. The sub-plate is floating, suspended by springs, isolated from the main chassis from vibration. The counterweight is freely sprung in a magical 80s viscoelastic liquid in a reservoir! NAD calls it DVA - Dynamic Vibration Absorber. Patrick Bateman would've been really into this.

Lastly, it has a super handy auto-stop function which I really like.. you can listen to records to sleep and not worry about the stylus being ground to oblivion.

Own (and listen) to this 80s vintage piece of cool.

• By Artnet
      Item: Rega Planar2 (circa 1985)
      Price: $280.00
      Item Condition: Good for its age
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Extra Info: Original owner of this Planar 2,  have used more recently with upgrades but selling as original,  no cart, original 240volt motor, replaced the standard belt 18months ago. Acrylic cover cleaning swirls only as pictured.
      Groove tracer upgrades are for sale on another add if interested.

• By Dimitri K
      Item: TANDBERG HI-FI SPEAKERS 112-7
      Price: $380
      Item Condition: Excellent condition
      Reason for selling: Not using
      Extra Info: Tandberg 2-Way Speaker System Model Hi-Fi System 112-7.
      Extremely rare, Vintage wooden case, 60 - 16000 Hz, 3,2 ohms, Made in Norway.

• By Fergalicious
      Hi all,
      I’m after some advice about a new turntable. I have so many questions but I’ll try to keep this post to the essentials at the moment.
      Basically, I’m after turntable, possibly vintage, of reasonable quality. I’ve got approval for $300 from the wife but I reckon I could push her to $400 without too many issues. I’d be playing these through a pair of Dali concept bookshelf speakers and either an 80s era Yamaha amp (nothing special) or a more recent pioneer amp. A better amp purchase will come later. My music choices will be rock/indie, all eras, a lot of modern stuff like Radiohead, the National, Bon Iver. Also a little bit of jazz.
      I’m quite handy with electronics and mechanical stuff so a vintage turntable doesn’t scare me with maintenance. I service my own guitars and amps just fine so I think I’ll pick it up alright.

I’m currently looking at a pioneer pl-15r for $260 that has been serviced by a guy in Adelaide that sells a lot of vintage gear.
      There’s also a pioneer pl-15d for $150 but this would need some work to get it right.
      Are these worth it? I keep reading about getting a project debut on the forums but an all manual turntable scares me a bit. I’m the kind of guy who will put a record on and then get distracted by something and leave the thing spinning for hours so an auto return deck seems to be the right fit for me. Unless you all say I’m an idiot and the project is so much better than the pioneer that I’d be stupid to consider anything else.
      I've also got my eye on a dual cs505-2 in good nick for $175. These seem to be a bit more complicated and may not be anything special anyway.
      Any help and advice is greatly appreciated. I don’t need audiophile quality or anything, just something that will sound good and I won’t outgrow in 6 months.
      Thanks, sorry for the essay,
      Ferg