ChupaChups

LG 65 OLED Under 2.5k @JB Ex Disp

Really want to check the TV image first before purchase. OLEDs can suffer screen burn like the old Plasma's if the same static image is keep on the screen for long periods of time, and the screen saver or image shift modes were not turned on in options.

Really want to check the TV image first before purchase. OLEDs can suffer screen burn like the old Plasma's if the same static image is keep on the screen for long periods of time, and the screen saver or image shift modes were not turned on in options.
Yeahh, I (reluctantly) bought an ex display LCD from JB, as the price was too good to be true, but even the salesperson told me to steer clear of the ex disp OLEDs. Too high risk, after running every day on full brightness for 12 months straight!

And yet I’ve seen an e7 series oled at jb hi hoppers crossing that was running 7 days a week in torch mode for 2 years 

I couldn’t see a dead pixel or any evidence of image retention let along burn in

because they had no static logos and continuous varied content

OLED is better than plasma for longevity once we got past the 2016 series 

i would still be careful with ex demo panels ... do the necessary due diligence at the very least :) 

On 08/12/2019 at 3:01 AM, Kdjjdk Will said:

And yet I’ve seen an e7 series oled at jb hi hoppers crossing that was running 7 days a week in torch mode for 2 years 

I couldn’t see a dead pixel or any evidence of image retention let along burn in

Those LG OLED on display........ do not touch, avoid avoid avoid,   They run them on a loop 24/7 cranked on dynamic mode....   Search hard enough in this territory and you’ll find an old thread of mind showing you pics of “burn-in”  that’s direct in a JB store, HN or Myers...    I haven’t picked any with Burn in lately but that’s becuase LG made it there mission in replacing any display models with burn in when a rep calls it in.    You simply can’t sell  panels with “ghost “ images clearly “burned”  into the screen, never saw that with plasma and those OLED screens that I saw with the burn in wasn’t even on the shelf that long!    If you google LG burn in you’ll see the search will come up with panels still being demo that’s not that old on the self!   One technology I will never spend money on.

Edited by Addicted to music

I was in jb in Traralgon today.   They had an LG oled C9 55” for 2299 and a panasonic 55” current model oled for 1999.   Both brand new in a box not demos. 

They said not just a local sale, all jb’s.

Regards Cazzesman

On 08/12/2019 at 3:01 AM, Kdjjdk Will said: