Sign in to follow this  
HiFiArk

FS: Sansui SR-212 Vintage 70s Turntable - Restored & Upgraded

Item: Sansui SR-212 Vintage 70s Turntable - Japan - Professionally Restored & Upgraded
Price: $450, open to reasonable offers
Item Condition: 
Very Good, recently serviced/restored/upgraded and working.
Reason for selling: No longer required
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

I recently inherited this Sansui SR-212 turntable , which is of 1970s vintage and is made in Japan. The turntable employs a unique multiple suspension/insulation system to eliminate howling ( it has a suspended sub-chassis design). 

The deck is in really nice condition, no major blemishes to speak of. Even the lid is in good condition, no cracks and the hinges also appear to be working fine.

It did need some minor repair work to get it up and running, so I engaged Chris from Spin Doctor Music here in Sydney to repair/restore the deck for me which he did very well.

In the process the following upgrades were also made to the deck :

• Brand new drive belt
  • Brand new Jelco HS-25 cartridge shell was purchased and installed onto the tonearm
  • Brand new Ortofon 2M Silver MM phono cartridge was purchased, installed and aligned
  • Brand new AUS power cord was installed

Initially I thought I might use this Sansui TT in a second system, but It turns out that I won't be making use of it after all.

So , it's up for sale now to someone who can make use of it.

Everything is in good working order, including the arm cueing and auto-return mechanism. Platter speed has been tested by Spin Doctor Music and is accurate and stable at both 33.1/3 and 45 speeds.

Some more info and general specs on this turntable are available here:

https://www.vinylengine.com/library/sansui/sr-212.shtml

Note of course that this one has the Ortofon 2M Silver cart and Jelco headshell upgrades. The Ortofon 2M Silver seems to sit between the 2M Blue and the 2M Bronze in the Ortofon 2M lineup.  I will also provide the original headshell and also the (probably very worn out) original SC-37 IM cartridge.

I don’t have any boxes or packaging for the deck, so I would prefer local pickup from Sydney.

I've also got the original operation manual for it.

The new Ortofon 2M Silver cartridge and Jelco HS-25 headshell together alone would cost over $400 RRP. 

Buyer will need to add their own RCA-RCA phono cable to connect the deck to an amp/phono stage.

Local pickup Sydney only. COD payment is easiest, or happy to receive a bank/BSB or PayPal Friends transfer before pickup.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_3338.jpg

IMG_3340.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3342.jpg

IMG_3349.jpg

IMG_3346.jpg

IMG_3348.jpg

IMG_3343.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

IMG_3350.jpg

Edited by HiFiArk
Update on price - open to reasonable offers.

2 hours ago, Sir Rab of Everest said:

omg, this was my family turntable when i was a teenager! Great memories...

- r

I’ve still got ours.

Classic.

Cool.  Good to hear stories of others having the same Sansui deck. 

I just don't have the space for a second TT in the house, otherwise maybe I'd hang on to it. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By psychometrics1
      Price: $980 Item Condition: Very good Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Adelaide State: South Australia Payment Method: Cash, Bank deposit; PayPal without fees Reason for selling: Purchased EC 4.8 preamp Further information:  Price dropped from $1100. Includes remote and will be well packaged with free insured courier for an interstate purchaser. I preferred this EC pre to a number of others (EC and more exotic) I have used with my EC 180 mono block power amplifiers. It has only one single ended (RCA) input and one balanced (XLR) input selectable by a push button on the front which keeps the electronics inside very straightforward. But if you don't want to use balanced,  you can use adaptors to get two RCA inputs.

Photos:

• By brenwa76
      Price: $200 Item Condition: Very Good / Serviced Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Brisbane State: Queensland Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Had my fun Further information: 

SONY CDP 101

Early CD Player, one of the first commercially available I am informed. This is a slightly unique offering including the Original Remote Control, Service Manuals and Operator Manuals.

I had it serviced recently at a cost of $200. I'll include the invoice with sale of the item.

Thanks for looking, please let me know if there's any details you'd like to know.

Cheers.

• By RicoRed
      Price: $690 Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Baulkham Hills State: New South Wales Payment Method: EFT , cash, PayPal Reason for selling: NLR Further information: this is the second from the top of XLO interconnects range. Very neutral and clear presentation. I’m selling two of the XLO cable as no longer required. RRP is around $1100.

• By RicoRed
      Price: $880 Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Baulkham Hills State: New South Wales Payment Method: PayPal , EFT, cash Reason for selling: NLR Further information: top of the line in the XLO interconnects range. Very neutral sound like there is no cable at all. I reduced my equipment to integrated and have some spare cables for sale. RRP $1700

• By psychometrics1
      Price: $850 Item Condition: Very good Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Adelaide State: South Australia Payment Method: Cash, Bank deposit, PayPal without fees Reason for selling: Too many amplifiers Further information: I bought this on SNA for an upstairs system but due to WAF they have not been used. I have correct size but not original box to ship. The pictured preamp has been sold.

The upgraded S300 power amplifier (150W pc dual mono balanced and single ended) is superb, see original ad for details: 

Photos: