Sign in to follow this  
HiFiArk

FS: Sansui SR-212 Vintage 70s Turntable - Restored & Upgraded

Item: Sansui SR-212 Vintage 70s Turntable - Japan - Professionally Restored & Upgraded
Price: $450, open to reasonable offers
Item Condition: 
Very Good, recently serviced/restored/upgraded and working.
Reason for selling: No longer required
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

I recently inherited this Sansui SR-212 turntable , which is of 1970s vintage and is made in Japan. The turntable employs a unique multiple suspension/insulation system to eliminate howling ( it has a suspended sub-chassis design). 

The deck is in really nice condition, no major blemishes to speak of. Even the lid is in good condition, no cracks and the hinges also appear to be working fine.

It did need some minor repair work to get it up and running, so I engaged Chris from Spin Doctor Music here in Sydney to repair/restore the deck for me which he did very well.

In the process the following upgrades were also made to the deck :

• Brand new drive belt
  • Brand new Jelco HS-25 cartridge shell was purchased and installed onto the tonearm
  • Brand new Ortofon 2M Silver MM phono cartridge was purchased, installed and aligned
  • Brand new AUS power cord was installed

Initially I thought I might use this Sansui TT in a second system, but It turns out that I won't be making use of it after all.

So , it's up for sale now to someone who can make use of it.

Everything is in good working order, including the arm cueing and auto-return mechanism. Platter speed has been tested by Spin Doctor Music and is accurate and stable at both 33.1/3 and 45 speeds.

Some more info and general specs on this turntable are available here:

https://www.vinylengine.com/library/sansui/sr-212.shtml

Note of course that this one has the Ortofon 2M Silver cart and Jelco headshell upgrades. The Ortofon 2M Silver seems to sit between the 2M Blue and the 2M Bronze in the Ortofon 2M lineup.  I will also provide the original headshell and also the (probably very worn out) original SC-37 IM cartridge.

I don’t have any boxes or packaging for the deck, so I would prefer local pickup from Sydney.

I've also got the original operation manual for it.

The new Ortofon 2M Silver cartridge and Jelco HS-25 headshell together alone would cost over $400 RRP. 

Buyer will need to add their own RCA-RCA phono cable to connect the deck to an amp/phono stage.

Local pickup Sydney only. COD payment is easiest, or happy to receive a bank/BSB or PayPal Friends transfer before pickup.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_3338.jpg

IMG_3340.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3342.jpg

IMG_3349.jpg

IMG_3346.jpg

IMG_3348.jpg

IMG_3343.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

IMG_3350.jpg

Edited by HiFiArk
Update on price - open to reasonable offers.

2 hours ago, Sir Rab of Everest said:

omg, this was my family turntable when i was a teenager! Great memories...

- r

I’ve still got ours.

Classic.

Cool.  Good to hear stories of others having the same Sansui deck. 

I just don't have the space for a second TT in the house, otherwise maybe I'd hang on to it. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By onairpic
      Item: PSB Speakers Subsonic 5i Powered Subwoofer (Black)
      Price: $300 Pick-up only
      Item Condition: Very Good
      Reason for selling: Need funds
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (plus 3%), COD Only
      Extra Info:

The SubSonic 5i has more power and a larger bass unit than the SubZero i. It also has a very different Class H design for its power amplification. Class H is a special high efficiency amplifier design. Briefly, audio amplifiers are inherently inefficient because they are designed to have the capability of delivering great output power yet spend most of their life delivering fairly low power. Their output devices must deliver current while withstanding the high power supply “rail” voltages needed for peak outputs. With a Class H design the rail voltages are not constant. They swing high when the music demands it and stay low during quiet passages. This is achieved by a sophisticated high frequency switching power supply. Power dissipated as heat is greatly reduced and more power is available per dollar of cost. A second benefit is that they tend to have high peak power relative to their steady state power. The SubSonic 5i, for example, has 150 watts continuous but is capable of 450 watt peaks. The result is a subwoofer capable of the great transients required by dynamic music and explosive sound effects.

More info can be found in http://www.psbspeakers.com/products/subwoofers/SubSeries-5i-Subwoofer#heading-downloads

• By j19801110
      Item: JVC HD750
      Price: $500
      Item Condition: it’s been well looked after. It’s also been gamma and colour calibrated to look its best. Has box, remote, manual, two lamps. 1000hrs on second lamp but still bright.
      Reason for selling: I have too much gear and need to get rid of some otherwise we’ll be sleeping with home cinema gear in bed at night! 🙎‍♂️

Sad to be letting this go as I like to collect stuff but I have no space for it and I’m having to get rid of gear. 

Photos:

• By Hydrology
      Item: FS: Luxman L-550AX Class A Integrated Amp
      Price:  $4,600 (postage at buyer's cost)
      Item Condition: Immaculate, supplied with remote and all packaging etc
      Reason for selling: Spur of the moment thing....going sideways possibly.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (buyer pays 3% fees), Bank Deposit.
      Extra Info: My pride and joy. Original owner. Smoke-free home. I don't even let the wife touch this baby!!!! 
      No time wasters please.

Photos: 

• By tomwu
      Item: MacBook Pro 15 inches 2016 model
      Price: 2200 2000
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Too many laptops
      Extra Info: 2016 MacBook Pro 15 inches. i7 2.7Ghz 500GB 16GB RadeonPro455

Good condition with little sign of use. With original charger. No box.

• By lordvader82
      Item: Dekoni Premium Pads Elite Hyrbid for AKG7xx
      Price: $50 (free postage) or reasonable offers
      Item Condition: As new - only used for about a week
      Reason for selling: Impulse buy - just not for me
      Payment Method: Paypal
      Extra Info:
      Bought these on Drop to try them out. Didn't suit me, but other's seem to rave about them, so want to send them off to a better home.
      Will work for any AKG 7xx heapdhone (701, 702, 7xx).

Photos: