Sign in to follow this  
o2so

Any experience with Mr Speakers Ether 2?

Hi, was thinking if a second pair of cans to complement my Utopias. A2A has all Mr Speakers on offer right now but can't be demoed in Sydney, so was wondering if anyone who knows the Ether 2 could share their thoughts. 

How do they compare to the Utopias? And to the cheaper Aeon?

Cheers

Capture+_2019-11-05-08-55-37.png

Aeon 2 just out. Trickle down tech from the Ether 2, so maybe have a look into those too.

Ether 2 comfy would be super good. They are so light. Resolve Reviews had some issues with the pads and the crinkle effect annoying him.

I'd wait a bit and see some more peoples thoughts on the Aeon 2, looks like a 95% of the Ether at a much lower price point. Though don't look as cool!

Search Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2. They renamed.

Ether 2s are super resolving and detailed. Light to wear and (for me) have enough bass. Great mid range. There are lots of reviews. What is missing from your Utopias to have the add on? What are you planning to drive them with? BTW they’re pretty easy to drive. I use these as my “detail” HPs for piano or Jazz, some vocals. Also have ZMF, LCD3 and Rosson.  As said, Aeon2 are out and I like the ver 1 closed. Aeon2 could be worth the $$. 

They need to come in under $1300 though. Suspect they won't. And if they are 1500 or more they really need to be a decent step in SQ.

Aeon 1 is a great $650, good at $950.