Tool to tour?

JukKluk2

On 20/11/2019 at 7:50 PM, Monk said:

WHhhhhyyyyy?

Just had my first listen to Tool on the headphones  and I have to say the drummer is very handy.

I haven't worked out what they are about yet but will be having more of  a listen when nobody is home on the bigger system.

Edited by Hazzzy

Saw them on Friday night.

This was the third time I've seen them live . They are just getting better with age , they release arguably their best album with Fear Innoculum and are playing better than ever too.

Bone crunching heaviness interspersed with slow grinding prog , played perfectly and great sound too at the Perth Arena.

If you have tickets you're in for treat .

Wear musicians earplugs though if you value your hearing , ........deafeningly loud.

• Like 4

Saw them last night in Brissie.  

Daaaaayyyyaaaaaaaammmmmnnnnn!

Man that was good!

Definitely the best I've seen them live I think.  Although being the closest to the stage I've ever been for them might have helped that too.  Good mix of new and old songs (pretty much the same playlist as they've been playing everywhere lately).  Forty Six & 2 was just epic.  And I was impressed with how good Invincible was live actually.  But yeah, so much goodness.  Even with only 4 hours sleep I've been on a high all day.

And definitely agree with the bring earplugs comment!  Author & Punisher wasn't really my thing, but I think that was the loudest bass heavy set I've ever heard.  Or felt.  :blink:  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Monk said:

Man that was good!

I have been struggling to find new music to listen to lately and have been inspired to listen to Tool after reading about them here. I am a Tool virgin.

I have the new album playing now very loud(nobody home, lucky me). I imagine the concert would have been mind blowing to say the least!

Loving it.

Edited by Hazzzy

On 16/02/2020 at 10:22 AM, Hazzzy said:

Just u tube. No Quarter. I thought the drummer was very good.

Sorry to laugh Hazzzy but that is such a wonderful under statement.   There aren't many on the stool with his skill set.

Regards Cazzesman

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, cazzesman said:

Sorry to laugh Hazzzy but that is such a wonderful under statement

OK I have to agree.

I was a Tool virgin and had only listened to one utube clip on the headphones at the time.

I have now listened to a lot more and as I said I have to agree.?

• Love 1

I was  disappointed after the Sunday gig in Melbourne.    Disappointed with myself for not going Saturday as well  ;)

Definitely one of the best Tool gigs I've been to.    Aenima was the standout track for me followed closely by Forty Six & 2,   but there really wasn't a track played I didn't thoroughly enjoy.        

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, manchu said:

I was  disappointed after the Sunday gig in Melbourne.    Disappointed with myself for not going Saturday as well  ;)

Definitely one of the best Tool gigs I've been to.    Aenima was the standout track for me followed closely by Forty Six & 2,   but there really wasn't a track played I didn't thoroughly enjoy.        

+1

bloody fabulous.  And yeah should have gone to Saturday as well. 

when they coming back....

On 22/02/2020 at 8:54 PM, Hazzzy said:

have been inspired to listen to Tool after reading about them here. I am a Tool virgin.

I'm also a Tool virgin. Where have they ( or I ) been all this time!

On 22/02/2020 at 8:54 PM, Hazzzy said:

Loving it.

+ 1

• Like 1