Sign in to follow this  
Meinoz

Replacement TV

14 minutes ago, Meinoz said:

Thanks for the responses. I just need to get to a store now and have a look for myself.

best bet check out from angles and distances considering and pick what best suits looks best to your eyes :)

nothing wrong with a 75" Sony have one myself at 3.2 M away. Don't forget to price shop like I said earlier as Sony will price match every time.  Al's right check what you like in stores before you buy, but get them to take it out of demo mode first as that's designed to trick you some as well, if they will let you, even take your own USB or disk video material that your familiar with too.

To bring some clarity to Costs of the TV's being spoken via Costco about 30mins ago I saw these offerings, Sony Bravia  75" model 75X8500G for $3179, the 85" version X85G wifi LED is $3899.99  if the Sammy Qled is the go then a QA 82Q60R is going out for $3769.99 even allowing for the joining fee that's a fair bit off what the retailers are offering isn't it?

1 hour ago, agelessgoodguy said:

To bring some clarity to Costs of the TV's being spoken via Costco about 30mins ago I saw these offerings, Sony Bravia  75" model 75X8500G for $3179, the 85" version X85G wifi LED is $3899.99  if the Sammy Qled is the go then a QA 82Q60R is going out for $3769.99 even allowing for the joining fee that's a fair bit off what the retailers are offering isn't it?

These are older models. The 75X9500G is at HN for $3999 which is a comparable price for new models, for example. The 95G is better than the 85G, I would go for the 95 

Had a look at the 9500 beside the 8500 and even though it was cramped and had to look over shelving to get the distance right, you could see the difference in the blacks. The stores aren’t very viewing friendly as everything is crammed in, but at this stage it’s the 9500 now it depends on whether I get the 75 or 85. Need the blessing of the MoF.

On another note, I have a Denon X4100W which I currently have a chrome cast connected and then a hdmi to the tv.

Given these tvs have built in casting, what would be the best way to connect to get the highest quality result for both picture and sound using casting?

Currently everything is either streamed from a Laptop or chrome cast.

Had a look at the 9500 beside the 8500 and even though it was cramped and had to look over shelving to get the distance right, you could see the difference in the blacks. The stores aren’t very viewing friendly as everything is crammed in, but at this stage it’s the 9500 now it depends on whether I get the 75 or 85. Need the blessing of the MoF.

On another note, I have a Denon X4100W which I currently have a chrome cast connected and then a hdmi to the tv.

Given these tvs have built in casting, what would be the best way to connect to get the highest quality result for both picture and sound using casting?

Should have added, if there is a thread on this already can you point me in the direction as I’m having trouble finding one. Thnx

On 10/11/2019 at 2:41 PM, Meinoz said:

I'd just use the TV's Chromecast and use the TV's  ARC HDMI channel into your AVR , done

Just bought the 75in X9500G for $3430. Happy with that.

hopefully take delivery day.

thanks for everyone’s help with this.