Sign in to follow this  
d_caruso

Van den Hul 3T interconnects - rock, hill, mountain

Has anyone compared The Rock, The Hill and/or The Mountain interconnects by Van den Hul? I would be interested to hear your descriptions of the sonic differences between them.

Hi.

Yes I have. I ended up with the Mountain between my pre-and power and have just sold it (moving to an integrated). I have the Hill for phono-to amp. 

The Hill is the sweet spot IMO, the mountain is marginally better.

They are all quite neutral, with soundstage and bass control in particular better as you go up.

That’s really helpful. Thanks. 
I had auditioned VDH The Second, next to the likes of a Chord Epic, Analysis Plus, Mike Lenehan’s FoilFlex and a few others. I liked the VDH in some ways, especially it’s accuracy and even-handedness, but felt it was just a bit flat and un-involving overall. I am hoping something higher up the 3T chain has a bit more air, finesse and soundstage (a la FoilFlex), along with the neutrality and tight accurate bass of the VDH.
Sounds like the Hill could be worth a listen.

I compared the the Rock and the Mountain XLRs.   The Mountain had a significantly deeper and more engaging soundstage but the Rock was no slouch in this regard.  Cant recall other differences as it was a couple of years ago.  I found the vdh cables to be a good match for my system which can be a bit on the bright side.

23 hours ago, d_caruso said:

That’s really helpful. Thanks. 
I had auditioned VDH The Second, next to the likes of a Chord Epic, Analysis Plus, Mike Lenehan’s FoilFlex and a few others. I liked the VDH in some ways, especially it’s accuracy and even-handedness, but felt it was just a bit flat and un-involving overall. I am hoping something higher up the 3T chain has a bit more air, finesse and soundstage (a la FoilFlex), along with the neutrality and tight accurate bass of the VDH.
Sounds like the Hill could be worth a listen.

I think you’ll be happy.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mr.Anderson
      Item Condition: Used - 9/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Notting Hill State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup etc Reason for selling: Not Needed Further information:

Don't know much about this cable except that it sounds really good and is of solid construction. Bought from a SNA member about 2 years ago but I haven't had much use of it. Also, selling whatever is not needed to fund another project. Please check the pictures. I'm sure those who know of it know its good. Both the cable and Jacks are genuine components.

Full print on the cable : Octopus - PURE SILVER CORE - Advanced Geometry Construction - Multi Dielectric Shield - Audio Interconnect - > > >
      Connectors : WBT 0108 (Serial no:)
      Length : 1 Meter

AUS wide Shipping included in price

Photos:

Cheers

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
    • By EL4EUF
      Item Condition: Purchased, Unused, NLR. Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Brisbane State: Queensland Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup. Reason for selling: No longer going to make RCA cables. Further information:
      I was going to do a little DIY. But realised I'm not there yet.
      Will be buying my RCA once I need them.

Sold to me as: Nakamichi 0816 RCA Plugs Audio Locking Connector 10mm. Four Pairs.
      New version black and red colour code.
      Price is for four pairs ( four black and four red).
      Heavy duty and durability build.
      gold plated connectors.
      Compatible with wire size up to 10mm thickness. 
      Screw locking
      soldering is optional.

Photos:

• By CremonaM
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: PayPal, cash on pick up Reason for selling: Upgrading Further information:
      I have a set of Chord Indigo Tuned Aray interconnects for sale in 1m length. RRP $2,800 
      Well renowned for their detail, timing, wide sound stage, separation and controlled powerful Bass, these interconnects are a huge leap forward from the Signature Tuned Aray I previously owned and only a very slim difference in performance from the Sarum Super Aray which I auditioned for 2 weeks but didn’t see the need to change to the Sarum as the Indigo were just as impressive in every way. Near perfect condition ( I am very fussy with all of my equipment) Original boxes in excellent condition also. Highly recommended set of reference level audio interconnects.

• By auvz
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: Bank, PayPal Reason for selling: No longer required (hasn't been used in a while) Further information:
      RCA cable with low capacitance
      https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/audio/LC1-design-notes.htm

Photos:

• By lazenby
      Item Condition: Used but otherwise good to excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Getting out of hifi by order of mi6  Further information:  Van Den Hul The Second RCA 0.6m boxed 
      These have been in storage for around 5 years. Appear lightly used. Cables are clean and connectors are tight. Box is a bit creased and inserts are a bit dusty.