I got robbed (burgled)

Yeh I was out for about 3 hours. I had been getting calls on my home phone, when I would answer they would hang up. So the police are looking into that also.

The cabling would have just been ripped out so they could take the equipment faster I guess, as it was going between cabinets and some through the wall.

This is a very suspicious angle to the theft.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/11/2019 at 1:55 PM, anewmission said:

I should have also mentioned that the neuphonix were a custom order from krix and actually front ported.
Not sure how many of these they made for people

Krix neuphonix mk 1

This bit of information is very handy, helps us keep an eye out on the speakers for you at least.

And, sorry to hear of your misfortune! 

Edited by 5L15
Added speaker id
  • Like 2

@anewmission

What is the latest on this? How is the insurance claim going for you? 
Have the police worked out anything about the break in? Anything been recovered?
Nothing recovered, but insurance has be more than helpful. I will however be spending years searching for records. I guess now it's a question of what system I shall build now.
I have a little setup, some bits and pieces I have brought home from my project recording studio.

Luckily I had two yamaha p2200 there which I still think works great in hifi environment.

Just using tidal and my nas setup, they didn't take my nas. It was upstairs.

I had been thinking about upgrading krix to sonus Faber for a while so I might go down that route, and either bryston again or naim gear.
And i need to find a nice chassis to build another passive pre if anyone knows of a decent brand of chassis. The last one which was stolen was a Chinese ebay chassis which I thought was abit overpriced for what it was
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, anewmission said:

Nothing recovered, but insurance has be more than helpful. I will however be spending years searching for records. I guess now it's a question of what system I shall build now.
I have a little setup, some bits and pieces I have brought home from my project recording studio.

Luckily I had two yamaha p2200 there which I still think works great in hifi environment.

Just using tidal and my nas setup, they didn't take my nas. It was upstairs.

I had been thinking about upgrading krix to sonus Faber for a while so I might go down that route, and either bryston again or naim gear.
And i need to find a nice chassis to build another passive pre if anyone knows of a decent brand of chassis. The last one which was stolen was a Chinese ebay chassis which I thought was abit overpriced for what it was

Losing things in a burglary sucks. It is also a significant invasion of privacy, which cause other issues that have to be dealt with.

Maybe, just maybe, there may be a tiny silver lining to this cloud, as in system changes

I hope that the future possibilities may make your loss a little bit more palatable.

All the best.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jventer said:

significant invasion of privacy

More than 40 years ago for me that I felt this with my stereo ripped off!

I managed to recover most of the gear but the invasion feeling remained.

57 minutes ago, anewmission said:

sonus Faber

Fairly cheap Sonus Faber Chamelon T's in the commercial section at the moment ( yes made in Italy, not China). I am very happy with mine, but they love a bit of juice to get them going.

Fairly cheap Sonus Faber Chamelon T's in the commercial section at the moment ( yes made in Italy, not China). I am very happy with mine, but they love a bit of juice to get them going.
They look really nice, I was also considering some Cremona Bookshelfs as I see them come up every now and again.

I wonder how they would compare. The blue side panels definitely will not suit my place.
Which colour do you have?

Sorry for the OP, a long time ago I got ripped off by a friend. I know why he did it but I was careful and he didn't find what he was looking for. All I lost was a special bottle of a single malt whisky for my dad, his Christmas present. When the police turned up (they did in those days) they asked me if I was dealing - of course not ociffer?.

But it is just this kind of thing that has made me want to digitise my LP (1000+) and CDs (150 +) collection. The hardware can be replaced relatively easy even my 2 x Kenwood KD t/ts. It's taken me over 4 decades to build up this collection and I've got a lot of LPs that are now worth serious money. I live in France and the response I get from insurance companies is - where are the receipts. Most of my buys were from the golden days of car boot sales in the UK - late 80s-early 90s, of course I don't have receipts.

But there is another way to get wiped out - fire. If all goes well I will have designed and had built a fireproof home  ( aircrete blocks) in the next couple of years. 

Over the last few years everyone has said that digital will not equal a good analogue system but not getting any younger storing LPs and cleaning them with a RCM will become a hassle. The thought of just a small monitor, dedicated small silent PC, not connected to the i/net ( I have all the music I want) an amp and good speakers is very appealing. Stored on hard disc x 3, one at home, one with a friend and one in the bank means real security and peace of mind and no need for expensive insurance. Maybe something for othewrs to contemplate as well.

• Like 2

I've started the ball rolling but will have to wait until April for a Warp Drive Portable SSD 1TB or 2TB to go with an Azulle Byte 3 silent mini PC, now a small monitor and choose FLAC or WAV. and a Parks Puffin. It will take a couple of years to transfer the LPs and CDs I want but then a little thingy that I can stash anywhere, including another copy with a friend and my collection is truly secure.

Sorry to hear about this anewmission. Someone was definitely on a mission when it came to your gear. An awful  feeling of violation to come home and find someone has been there. We had a break-in some years ago, some things taken including a friends play station that I was borrowing whilst recovering from some surgery. However none of my CDs were taken. The cop who came had a quick look at them and said "I can see why there are still here". Dissedded by the cop for my excellent taste in music!

• Like 1