I got robbed (burgled)

I was out last night for dinner and when I got home my back door had been smashed up, someone/s had come in to my hifi room and stolen mostly everything.

Please if anyone see's any of this stuff (possibly bundled together on ebay, gumtree, Facebook marketplace or local hock shops) please send me a private message

What they stole:

Project carbon tt

PC in Silverstone case (pentium g620)

Schiit mani phono stage

My own DIY passive pre (will upload a photo of that)

Oppo udp105

Bryston 4bbst

Over 1000 cds

Over 500 vinyls

Pioneer kuro pdp 5090lx

Krix neuphonix mk 1

2 rel t/5i subwoofers

50ish blu rays.

Topping d50 dac

Most of this I have bought from gumtree or similar sites.

Any leads would be much appreciated.

The thing I am most upset about is the vinyls as everyone knows the effort we go to to collect and keep our collection in good shape.

I am in sydney so these would most likely be listed in Sydney.

Thankyou again.

• Like 3

The driveway goes all the way up to the back room, so they must have parked right next to the door and loaded everything in.
They stole a few other bits and pieces around the bottom floor of my house thought upstairs seems to be untouched.

I haven't sold anything in a while and usually do so from work.
The only person that has been around has been a handyman, though he is a friend of my mother's I still have given his details to the police.

• Like 1

That is a serious amount of gear physically, must of had a van and knew they had plenty of time? Would take a good hour to do all that?

Terrible news.
Yeh I was out for about 3 hours. I had been getting calls on my home phone, when I would answer they would hang up. So the police are looking into that also.

The cabling would have just been ripped out so they could take the equipment faster I guess, as it was going between cabinets and some through the wall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rockford said:

That is a serious amount of gear physically, must of had a van and knew they had plenty of time? Would take a good hour to do all that?

Terrible news.

Easily a good hour, incredibly brazen.

I would have thought most house jobs the **** would want to be in and out as quick as possible.

6 minutes ago, Rockford said:

Terrible news.

More like 5 minutes, 10 tops.  Sit and time 1 minute and imagine clearing out your gear, especially if you don't care for it, then multiply that by 5 or 10.  

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, anewmission said:

I was out last night for dinner and when I got home my back door had been smashed up, someone/s had come in to my hifi room and stolen mostly everything.

Please if anyone see's any of this stuff (possibly bundled together on ebay, gumtree, Facebook marketplace or local hock shops) please send me a private message

What they stole:

Project carbon tt

PC in Silverstone case (pentium g620)

Schiit mani phono stage

My own DIY passive pre (will upload a photo of that)

Oppo udp105

Bryston 4bbst

Over 1000 cds

Over 500 vinyls

Pioneer kuro pdp 5090lx

Krix neuphonix mk 1

2 rel t/5i subwoofers

50ish blu rays.

Topping d50 dac

Most of this I have bought from gumtree or similar sites.

Any leads would be much appreciated.

The thing I am most upset about is the vinyls as everyone knows the effort we go to to collect and keep our collection in good shape.

Thankyou again.

Man, l am absolutely gutted for you.

Talk about being violated. Felt sick when l read it. It's always on the back of my mind when l go over seas.

The stereo can be replaced (hope you were insured) but LPs and even some CDs can never be replaced now.  Hope they catch these mongrels,and you get some of your stuff back. Keep your chin up buddy. All the best.

Ken.

• Like 1

40 years ago I had $6k of Hifi stolen.
Wharfedales, Linn Sondek, dynavector ruby etc etc.........
Claimed the lot on insurance. 5 years later went to visit an old ‘friend’ , only to find it all in his living room.

I was not impressed to say the least. When confronted he said ‘ I thought you knew’
WTF I said.
He then described a conversation we had where he asked how I would feel if the stuff was ever stolen. I replied along the lines of ‘it’s all insured and I bought it all wholesale, so I’d just get a better system with th insurance money. Apparently that was permission enough for him to knock off my prized possession.

He is dead now.......and no, it wasn’t me :-)

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, anewmission said:

Over 1000 cds

Over 500 vinyls

Thankyou again.

May be worth keeping an eye out on the vinyl flippers on Discogs (and on here too... ?).

Searching and keeping an eye out for your rarer record titles may be the easiest way to find your collection if it does get put up for sale.

• Like 1

Just be aware that more than likely it's someone you have invited into your home either when you've sold something or a friend of a friend who got impressed with what you have , e.g. you demoed your gear .
Further in 3 months they'll be back , I lived in Carlton had bars on the window's and they ripped those out of the wall. Our insurance got declined after 4 burglaries the place was like Fort Knox bars on the window's and doors , alarm we moved . Camera's are great after the event personally I favour two big barking dogs to deter them . Certainly will keep an eye out .

• Like 2

Mate I am totally gutted for you, however I see your SNA handle or nickname is "anewmission" I can only hope you are insured and that you can remember most of the vinyl and cd you owned and make it your "new mission" to start again bigger and better, sorry don't want this to sound like a pun.

Its a horrendous thing to happen and a reminder to us all to make sure we are properly protected and insured. I know I I am going to review mine this week. 

Guys that do this to others just have no idea what it means to collect music , to create a collection and to spend as much money as you can on making it sound good. They are drop dead mother fxckers...

I will keep watch from Perth for any off the items just incase they try this side of OZ.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fish said:

40 years ago I had $6k of Hifi stolen.
Wharfedales, Linn Sondek, dynavector ruby etc etc.........
Claimed the lot on insurance. 5 years later went to visit an old ‘friend’ , only to find it all in his living room.

I was not impressed to say the least. When confronted he said ‘ I thought you knew’
WTF I said.
He then described a conversation we had where he asked how I would feel if the stuff was ever stolen. I replied along the lines of ‘it’s all insured and I bought it all wholesale, so I’d just get a better system with th insurance money. Apparently that was permission enough for him to knock off my prized possession.

He is dead now.......and no, it wasn’t me ?

This is not for this thread but WTF I would have loved to be a fly in the room for the next minute or so.

• Like 1

Guest Muon N'

Really sux!

Sorry to hear of this, and it is everyone's nightmare :(

Like others I think this is far from a run of the mill theft, it was planned and targeted.

Hope the bastards get pinched for it.