unclemack

Unclemack is making some changes

26 minutes ago, unclemack said:

The pictures are misleading. They are the CP's packed and on the truck to their new owner. I'll take some pics of the replacements today or tomorrow... I'm still toying with placement at the moment. 

Cheers

M

Thats exactly how i transported the CP's and Sovs.

37 minutes ago, unclemack said:

The pictures are misleading. They are the CP's packed and on the truck to their new owner. I'll take some pics of the replacements today or tomorrow... I'm still toying with placement at the moment. 

Cheers

M

Talk about throwing us off the scent! 😁

Looking forward to seeing what comes next.

19 hours ago, caminperth said:

Looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Pics, Pics, Pics........Dying to know what your replacing the CP.s with...:D

Ive finally taken some pics of the new beasts. Once again I find myself with an Aussie product that delivers so much. These are a prototype of the speakers being built for our SNA friend @mondie. Those units will sport a very high end finish with very high end drivers and will be, if these are anything to go by, incredible. For me, that route is way above my pay grade so I was very fortunate to be able to snare these early prototypes with far more modest a driver compliment and with (as they are now) the most basic finish. My first experience with these made me rethink the whole HiFi thing and what it was I was looking for. They have majestic power capabilities with detail to spare. There is never a hint of strain even at volume levels that can only be described as ridiculous. John Burnett is the man behind the design and he has produced something special indeed. The finish will change in time with a new baffle and relocated amplification but for now, I am enjoying being taken to the next level  They aren't pretty (yet) but the sound they produce has a beauty all its own. The next step (apart from some cosmetic and electronic finishes) will be room treatment and thats where Lenard Audio via @Los will have a huge input in order to extract the prodigious potential these Proto-Symphonys have in my little room. The pictures are pretty ordinary but they give you a sense of how these fit in the room. Cheers, M 

IMG_6836.JPG

IMG_6837.jpg

IMG_6838.JPG

Bloody hell M, they do look big in your room! 

I'll be down asap with a ute load of acoustic panels...

So these are active then? I actually quite like how they look now and hope to get the opportunity to hear them one day.

Very nice mate, I’m with Doug I think they look great as they are. Enjoy. 👍

45 minutes ago, Los said:

Bloody hell M, they do look big in your room! 

I'll be down asap with a ute load of acoustic panels...

They are big but I a different way to the Duntechs which were so much taller. These are just fat blokes in a room. 😂😂. Looking forward to playing with some treatments. M

45 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Absolutely awesome!!

This is a true upgrade.

I think so mate. Cheers, M

38 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

So these are active then? I actually quite like how they look now and hope to get the opportunity to hear them one day.

So we have me wanting to hear the Sovs and you wanting to hear the Protos. Like a Mexican standoff. After @Los comes over with some treatment magic, we’ll organise a little GTG.  Lots of Kate Bush will be played  🤘

9 minutes ago, unclemack said:

So we have me wanting to hear the Sovs and you wanting to hear the Protos. Like a Mexican standoff. After @Los comes over with some treatment magic, we’ll organise a little GTG.  Lots of Kate Bush will be played  🤘

@unclemack, the Sovs at @Tubularbells's make the princesses/cp's sound like they are workin hard. Smooth as duck shlt down a tin horn. But what you have there is another beast altogether. Ports , horns and ribbons!! Look forward to hearing those rip it up one day!! Congrats mate!!

1 hour ago, frednork said:

@unclemack, the Sovs at @Tubularbells's make the princesses/cp's sound like they are workin hard. Smooth as duck shlt down a tin horn. But what you have there is another beast altogether. Ports , horns and ribbons!! Look forward to hearing those rip it up one day!! Congrats mate!!

Thanks mate, I can just imagine. When I got my first pair of CPs, the Sovereigns immediately became my aspirational speaker but when I heard the Lenards everything changed. Are they “HiFi”? I don’t know, nor do I care. They are simply a well engineered, superb sounding speaker. Very friggin happy! M

Fantastic to see Micheal, these should be your last speakers! There is nowhere to go after the Symphony so you have plenty of time to mess around with the aesthetics.  You could leave them as is and go the mad max look and let the performance do the talking.

Once the room treatment is in you will think you have a new pair of speakers all over again, I look forward to reading your comments once you have experienced the dramatic improvement it brings.

You have ended up with the first pair, you beat me 😝

Cheers

2 hours ago, mondie said:

Fantastic to see Micheal, these should be your last speakers! There is nowhere to go after the Symphony so you have plenty of time to mess around with the aesthetics.  You could leave them as is and go the mad max look and let the performance do the talking.

Once the room treatment is in you will think you have a new pair of speakers all over again, I look forward to reading your comments once you have experienced the dramatic improvement it brings.

You have ended up with the first pair, you beat me 😝

Cheers

Thanks mate. Strictly speaking though, you will have pair #1. Mine are forever the prototypes. Really looking forward to the impacts of room treatment on the sound of these. Let me know next time you’re in town to visit Paul and John. I’ll swing by. Cheers. M

On 02/11/2019 at 7:56 AM, Martykt said:

My legitimate guess would be some creation from John Burnett of Lenard Audio.... ??? 🤔

Do I win a prize @unclemack... ?? :D :party

Congrats on the new speakers M !! 

I won't say they look great but as long as they deliver the goods sound-wise who really cares !! :thumb: