Sign in to follow this  
BlueOceanBoy

QES Labs HPBA-2 M2 Headphone amplifier

Hi Guys,

Anyone have one of these or any experience with it? Have seen some reviews that talk about it being the amp for HD800 and LCD-4, or high impedance HPs. Thanks.

I bought one in 2017 (I use HD800S) and it's simply perfect, too bad that the guy who used to build them passed away some months ago. 

Perfect clarity, punch, stereo image, separation, detail, plenty of power... Other commercial amps don't even come close. 

I've been using mine for mixing and mastering in my studio for a couple years, recently did a big monitor and acoustics upgrade and I'm not using headphones as much anymore. I might consider selling it for a good offer. 

On 17/01/2020 at 1:02 AM, Rbdm said:

I bought one in 2017 (I use HD800S) and it's simply perfect, too bad that the guy who used to build them passed away some months ago. 

Perfect clarity, punch, stereo image, separation, detail, plenty of power... Other commercial amps don't even come close. 

I've been using mine for mixing and mastering in my studio for a couple years, recently did a big monitor and acoustics upgrade and I'm not using headphones as much anymore. I might consider selling it for a good offer. 

Where did you buy it? Tried googling, got no where.

On 03/02/2020 at 10:55 AM, Bengineer said:

Where did you buy it? Tried googling, got no where.

Directly from the guy, via e-mail. As I said, he sadly passed away, and I think it was just him, because since he passed they took down the website and everything. Very sad, he made great products and was a sweet person. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lordvader82
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Reservoir State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal or PayId Reason for selling: Don't need two Further information:
      So here for sale is one of my beloved MiniMax headphone amps. I loved my first one so much, that I decided to build another.
      Turns out, I only need one

Built with high quality parts throughout, and a great design over all.

Comes with tubes, as a 24AC power supply (much nicer than a DC wall wart).

You can learn more about this amp here: http://www.diyforums.org/MiniMAX/MiniMAXoverview.php

I've not included an electrical disclaimer for this item, as it's powered by an external, off the shelf power supply.

Photos (AKG 701s NOT for sale!):

• By leqt1969
      Item Condition: Used but in immaculate condition. Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: SE suburb State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal (3% surcharge), EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Simplify headphone set up Further information:

All 3 items are in immaculate condition and are rarely used (this is my second headphone set up).

Headphone amp comes with 2 set of tubes.

Plenty of information and good reviews on the internet. 

Headphones and music player come with original boxes and accessories. Headphone amp doesn’t have box.

Price includes postage (flat rate) Australia wide.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved  

• By MAXXX
      Item Condition: Used, excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Kardinya State: Western Australia Payment Method: Bank transfer, PayPal as friend, cash... Reason for selling: NLR, hardly used Further information: Used in my second system as preamplifier...now using CA streamer as preamp/DAC so this one is NLR.
      A head amp which is different because you can match  different impedances of headphones. The Head One runs a pair of 6S45P triodes with 1.8dB of negative feedback on the outputs while one EZ80(81) becomes the indirectly heated rectifier.
      Two inputs switched via rear-mounted switch and 2 pre-outs for bi-amping or subwoofing* turn this into a  small preamp as well.
      The Head Oneincludes a spare new JJ Electronic EZ81 rectifier valve.
      Comes in original box and wooden  crate for safe transport.
      If required, local buyers can check tubes strength with my tube tester.
      Price is firm.   Current RRP price is 2099 Euros. (over AU$3000)

https://www.trafomaticaudio.com/products/experience-head-one/

https://6moons.com/audioreviews/trafomatic3/headone_2.html

Specifications
      Tubes: 2x 6S45P , 1x EZ80(81)
      Power supply: 230VAC
      Consumption: 30VA
      Output impedance: 30 -100 – 300ohms
      Maximum output power: 300mW
      THD at 100mW/1kHz: 3 %
      Additional outputs: line out i sub out
      Inputs: CD , AUX
      Input sensitivity: 1Veff
      Input resistance: 47Kohm
      Output line voltage:
      THD 1% – 3.2V
      THD 2% – 6.4V
      THD 2.8% – 9V
      Frequency bandwidth:
      headphone and line out 20Hz(-3dB) – 57KHz(-3dB)
      Subwoofer out 20Hz(-3db) – 18KHz(-3dB) S/N: 71dB
      Minimum load resistance on “LINE and “SUB”:
      – 2k ohm both outputs simultaneously;
      – 1k ohm single output.
      Gain on “LINE” output: 18dB

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By legselevens
      Hi. In the past I wasn't a great fan of headphones but lately I've been listening to them more than usual. I've been enjoying it enough to think about the dreaded upgrade path. I'm wondering what upgrade options are out there to improve my HP listening and as a bonus if possible gain an improvement to my speaker listening?

Current gear is Emotiva DC-1 used as a preamp/dac into nc400 mono blocks and as a HP amp. I alternate between the the DC-1 dac and a PS Audio DL3 into the analogue inputs of the DC-1. Headphones are Hifiman HE400i and speakers are Kef Reference 3.2 from 2001. I also have an Audio Note preamp which I alternate with the DC-1. (probably seems odd to some)

Do I upgrade the headphones or do I buy a new headphone amp and/or dac? Or even a multi function device like the Keces E40 or Cayin HA-1A?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have. Would ideally like to spend under $1000.

• By Moikel
      Item: Schiit Asgard 3
      Price Range: Negotiable
      Item Condition:
      Extra Info: Preferably without dac board but all offers considered, thanks.