FS: Woo Audio Gen1 WA7tp with issues. Price Drop.

Item: Woo Audio wa7tp and tubes
Price: $500
Item Condition: 5/10 see Description 
Reason for selling: Upgrade
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

This wa7tp has developed some problems in the last few years. One of the led lights in the tube socket in the tp stops working after about 30mins of use. For some reason I have never been able to make the dac work with windows 10 computers. The dac will work with my android phone and I have tested it with apple products and it works. You cannot even install the drivers on win10 because the dac does not get recognised by the computer. So if your planing on buying this for your win computer DONT. There is a small scratch on the glass on the top of the amp (see photos). The amp does work great in rca mode and sounds great. But one of the rca ports on the back needs a little wiggle to make connection. I believe these issues are because the amp runs really hot and solder joins have cracked so anyone handy with a soldering iron could fix this.

Amp will also come with the solid state psu as well. 

Now for tubes I have some great pair of red labelled cbs hytron 5814 12AU7 and Mullard cv4003. These will come with the amp as well.

It is a real shame this amp has developed these problems, it does sound great in rca mode with a external dac. (ive been using a chord qutest)

At the moment this is pick up only, I want the buyer to test the amp and hear it work in rca mode or with there phone via usb.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_20190517_154521.jpg

IMG_20191101_170200.jpg

IMG_20191101_170221.jpg

IMG_20191101_170254.jpg

IMG_20191101_170407.jpg

Edited by Leigh Quigg
price drop

22 minutes ago, Bronal said:

I take it this works direct from a CD player? (Sorry to ask, just for clarification.)

It has rca inputs on the back that will work with any source that has rca unbalanced outputs, so if your cd player has rca outputs it will work. It will also work with smart phones via usb cable.