Sign in to follow this  
April Snow

Any Gold Coast Vinyl Experts here that can help?

I hope it is OK to post here - not sure where I should post this question as it doesn't fit under the "Classifieds" either.

As a newbie I have had my new T/T set up and I am wondering if there are any Vinyl "experts" that might be able to come and check it has been set up correctly?

I do think the arm and Anti-Skate are correct - and I have ordered online a Protractor (thank you to the member here that pointed me to that item to add to my weaponry) to check cartridge alignment (but good old Australia Post still not delivered that - *sigh*)

The technician that set up my whole new set up (including the amp and speakers) did a great job but he did not check alignment of the cartridge etc.

I feel I would like someone with more experience to check it all out for me for peace of mind and maybe even show me a few things I don't know as a "newbie".

I have asked at the local Vinyl shop but they could not suggest anyone - 

I am willing to pay for the time so not looking for favours or freebies -

as a last resort is for me to go on Air Tasker and hope I can find someone with experience, but thought I would ask here first as someone may know of a good tech type person with experience.

My system is the A/T LP120 - so pretty basic, as I chose that as a newbie to learn the ropes first (as I can always upgrade down the line if I feel I wish to)

The speakers are B&Ws and the Amp it a Marantz -

but they are already set up and running - no issues there - just I feel I would like to make sure the TT is indeed set up right and also maybe be shown basics like how to change the needle when the time comes.

Thank you.

Edited by April Snow

I don't know where you are on the GC but if you go to Tweed Heads, take your TT with you and before you leave ring and speak to Geoff Blundell at Toma Audio he'll set it up for you. Geoff's a former sponsor here at SNA and he's a Linn technician par excellence and a wonderful human being to boot. What he doesn't know about TT's  aint worth knowing.

He also runs the best HiFi shop on the entire Gold Coast, you'll be gobsmacked at some of the gear in his shop.

2 hours ago, betty boop said:

surely someone from Queensland audio club be able to help ?

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/forum/75-queensland-audio-club/

@Gee Emm any ideas ? 

Ahhhhh thank you, didn't know that exsited - I have been looking on Facebook, other forums, googling and got nowhere.

This is a big help - I shall see if there is a local person - Hugs xx

2 hours ago, Luc said:

I don't know where you are on the GC but if you go to Tweed Heads, take your TT with you and before you leave ring and speak to Geoff Blundell at Toma Audio he'll set it up for you. Geoff's a former sponsor here at SNA and he's a Linn technician par excellence and a wonderful human being to boot. What he doesn't know about TT's  aint worth knowing.

He also runs the best HiFi shop on the entire Gold Coast, you'll be gobsmacked at some of the gear in his shop.

Thank you so much, that will be helpful too !!

Much appreciated xxx