SOLD: Project 6 PerspeX Turntable with Ortofon 2M Blue MM Cartridge & Pro-ject Speedbox.

SOLD

Item: Project 6 PerspeX Turntable with Ortofon 2M Blue MM Cartridge & Pro-ject Speedbox.

2M blue stylus has very minimal hours on it, I will include the previous 2M Blue stylus with the sale which has many more hours of use but still sounds decent.

Dust cover included in sale, not photographed but in great condition.

Price: $1500

Condition: Great

Reason for Selling: Not needed anymore.

Payment Method: Paypal, Bank Transfer, Cash

Will consider posting if needed, local pickup preferred.

Extra info: I have the original box for the turntable, speedbox & stylus.

The turntable has 3 feet, the 4th you will see in the photos is something I put underneath the motor to detach the motor from the turntables plinth.

I can include what I have used if the buyer is interested.

The Tonearm’s headshell cables have been upgraded to Cardas, original very flimsy & hard to work with.

There is a trio of magnets that see the corian sub-platter ‘float’ above the acrylic (Perspex) plinth.

Pro-Ject website blurb clarifies the intent: “A magnetic subchassis suspension system avoids parasitic noise normally caused by conventional spring mechanism”.

Included with the turntable;

-Project SpeedBox. For clean power as well as better speed stability, can be adjusted in increments of 0.1

-Ortofon 2M Blue Cartridge

-Extra 2M Blue stylus with a lot more use but has life left. Great to have as a spare.

-Original record weight stabiliser & aftermarket one shown in photos.

-Similar to original spike protectors & the much larger ones I used for spike protectors.

-Original dust cover in great condition.

-Turntable belt also has minimal hours to it.

-Can add an almost new Pro-ject antistatic record cleaning brush for the newbies without one.

Please note - The black platform under the turntable is not included in the sale.

If the table is picked up I could add a 5kg hardwood platform made by myself which will look a lil similar in style to the one in the photo. Black sides with the same finish on top. Bottom is flat, no spikes/feet. Made from Bunnings materials.

Not as pretty as the one in the photo but a great start. Keeps those spike protectors from sliding anywhere.

Photos:

IMG_8432.thumb.jpg.dcd78895f401cf2d9ac4317847fe41b2.jpgIMG_8430.thumb.jpg.fc3c86a6858ba82655478b390d65bcd7.jpgFullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.061e009c5720422a3a3c1e15b7a93144.jpgIMG_8439.thumb.jpg.eb32a436b1c33d7156c56375b39caf55.jpgIMG_8440.thumb.jpg.3a68689f8dc8d50f897a0aa05312b414.jpg

• Like 6

would you think this would be a good table for a newbie? Currently only streaming but have always wanted to get into vinyl..

I'm currently looking to add a turntable to the kit (Luxman SQ38U (Primary Amp) and Yamaha AS21000 (Secondary Amp).

I believe this table would be excellent to start someone’s vinyl journey. It’s my second table but is no harder to setup than my first.
To me it’s the sweet spot, price & performance.
Massive step up from my last table.
( Project 1 Xpression iii comfort ) running same cart.

Anyone else can chime in for "Asakusa Kitsune"
  • Like 1

Great startup, with good cartridges too! Easily half the price if bought all new. If this was in Perth I would have devoured it by now!

would you think this would be a good table for a newbie? Currently only streaming but have always wanted to get into vinyl..

I'm currently looking to add a turntable to the kit (Luxman SQ38U (Primary Amp) and Yamaha AS21000 (Secondary Amp).
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Asakusa Kitsune said:

The Beauty of your set up is that the Luxman has an excellent phono stage. 

With the Ortofon 2m blue it will be plug and play. 

Great starter deck. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The Blues said:

The Beauty of your set up is that the Luxman has an excellent phono stage. 

With the Ortofon 2m blue it will be plug and play. 

Great starter deck. 

I can concur. Great table, with extras. Good price for what you are getting. I would snap it up l was you.

I have had the Ortofon Blue on my previous tt and the improvement was dramatic.  The go to cart for alot of people who start out. If l was you l would buy it. You can also it is well cared for.

• Like 1