SOLD: DiDiT DAC212SE DAC/PreAmp/Headphone Amp

m8audio

SOLD

Item: DiDiT DAC212SE DAC/PreAmp/Headphone Amp
Price: $4495 (saving of $2480 off the RRP of $6975)
Item Condition: Ex Demo
Payment Method: Bank transfer, PayPal
Extra Info: As new condition. Includes remote, XLR-RCA adaptors and original packaging

DiDiT DAC212SE

State of the Art Digital to Analogue Converter, Preamplifier with input select and Headphone Amplifier. Fully remote controlled.

• True Differential Output-stage
  • Double CMR at each halve of the circuit
  • Differential in > Differential out
  • No inverters
  • Made in the Netherlands
  • Tonal accuracy

The DAC212SE is probably the most intelligent digital pre-amp available today. Quite simply the perfect integration of audiophile technology and intelligent software.
The unique software lets you configure the DAC212SE to suit your needs and requirements, without degrading the audiophile performance.

Every effort has been made to keep the signal path short and a very compact circuit with only the most essential components to guarantee the best possible performance.
The DAC212SE uses a fully balanced internal architecture, and all the benefits of a balanced design including Common Mode Rejection (CMR) are fully utilized.

212se2.jpg

Audiophile Technology

A true differential design allows the opportunity to design the signal path as a tightly coupled pair. This implies that the two magnetic fields partly cancel each other out, which results in a lower inductance design. In turn, this contributes to lower distortion and a purer signal transmission.

True Balanced Design

There are several ways to achieve a balanced or differential output. The DAC212 incorporates a not very common true differential circuit combined with “Virtual Grounding and balanced interfacing” this results in a very clear signal, free from interferences and conveying the music in its purest way.
This requires very advanced 4-layer PCB design.
While only true balanced circuits are superior to single-ended designs, they are sparsely used (even in high-end audio) due to the extra amount of components.
In our balanced design we take this even further, as the entire output section is true differential. Thereby gaining double the CMNR benefits compared to regular true differential design. The effect is unsurpassed musical performance!

212se3.jpg

HD audio compatible

the DAC212 was designed to accept almost all high resolution standards of digital signal.
Regular PCM up to 192kHz via the SPDIF inputs, and 384kHz and DSD512 via USB.
It will easily connect to your Roon endpoint or any other digital source.

212se1.jpg

Audiophile Headphone output

The DAC212SE is fitted with a very powerful output stage that drives any headphone with ease. The low impedance output stage is capable of delivering an enormous amount of power. While maintaining absolutely stable under all conditions.
No additional headphone amplifier required!

DiDiT HighEnd website: https://didit-highend.com/

6moons Review: https://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/didit/1.html

DAC212 on M8audio website: https://m8audio.com/product/didit-dac212se/

DAC212SE demo.JPG

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the compliment on the DAC at the show. It really is quite special.

I am travelling in Vietnam and Indonesia at the moment, my apologies for slow response.

I need to get a response from the manufacturer to be certain that I'm giving you accurate information. Thank you for your patience.

Mark

Edited by m8audio

I have that spreadsheet - it implies that the PS AUDIO configuration is default for the DiDiT DAC. I was hoping to confirm this. Seeing as I’m hoping to use my Sonore Signature Rendu as an i2s source, maybe i’ll shoot Jesus at Sonore an email, too... Thanks for your efforts, Mark and ... scumbag ?

Since there is no real I2S standard the I2S is causing many probs for all. Even when pinouts are supposed to be compatible sometimes they don’t work. So I am waiting for the manufacturers confirmation and may take a few days to make sure there is a good solution to avoid problems. The DAC212SE (in this thread) is almost pin compatible and we should be able to get full comparability with an adaptor, though work still ongoing to check what is not pin related behind the scenes.

@mjth
Hi Matt,

For the DAC in questions and for sale in this thread: DiDiT DAC212SE

The I2S/HDMI connection will in fact work with gear wired for the PS Audio standard. However you will need to reverse the analogue output connections since Left and Right will be swapped.

To mitigate this and to get 100% compatibility the HDMI Pin7 and Pin9 need to be swapped.

I can supply such an adaptor made by the manufacturer at no extra cost to you. This will take a little time to get delivered but the above L+R output switch should work fine in the interim.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Can i ask a little off topic but similar, half the i2s systems like ps audio run HDMI and others digit bit etc run cat r45 ethernet connections, does an adaptor exist to plug one into another. thanks would love on if they are available.

On 12/11/2019 at 4:23 PM, m8audio said:

@mjth
Hi Matt,

For the DAC in questions and for sale in this thread: DiDiT DAC212SE

The I2S/HDMI connection will in fact work with gear wired for the PS Audio standard. However you will need to reverse the analogue output connections since Left and Right will be swapped.

To mitigate this and to get 100% compatibility the HDMI Pin7 and Pin9 need to be swapped.

I can supply such an adaptor made by the manufacturer at no extra cost to you. This will take a little time to get delivered but the above L+R output switch should work fine in the interim.

Mark

Hi Mark

Can i ask a little off topic but similar, half the i2s systems like ps audio run HDMI and others digit bit etc run cat r45 ethernet connections, does an adaptor exist to plug one into another. thanks would love on if they are available.