Oppo 203 upgrades

Don't want to hijack the thread but its along the same lines. Can you upgrade the 105D. I would imagine whoever does the 203 would do a 105. Surely someone in Australia does this or knows how to do it. if there is a download  for them a local guy might be able to handle it.

Another option for everything including dacs ; clocking and analogue stages is Joe Rasmussen [a stereonet member]

http://www.customanalogue.com/index.html

Something new I noticed on the website ; He also modifies high pedigree aus Orpheus Apollo speakers :)

http://www.customanalogue.com/jlti_signature.htm

Edited by cwt
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Maverick59 said:

Hi

Just got myself a nice Oppo 203 that is box standard, l know the upgrades l need to get done but not sure who the best supplier is at the moment for Oppo upgrades. 

When you write that you know the upgrades you need to get done, what are referring to?

What changes are you looking to achieve? The Oppo 203 is very good at picture quality and home theatre, but less so in the stereo reproduction area.

I had a new LPS added to my 203, which enhanced both picture and sound quality (subjective, I know).

I then had Joe R provide a full 4.2 JLTI upgrade. The sound quality for stereo was noticeably improved. 

If you are intending to use a single player for everything, a modded Oppo is hard to go past. However, you also should consider that his full upgrade can cost up to $1,600, and at that price point a few other options present themselves. In particular, you could consider a quality DAC (eg Chord), or a dedicated CD player (which are very good value at the moment).

IMO, you also should consider your system in total, ie, your speaker / amp / source combination. A modded Oppo might sound substantially different to the standard version - but not necessarily what integrates best with your current (or future) gear. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your input gents it’s much appreciated.

This player will be a dedicated to movies only ( 4K Bluray) Discs were possible not downloaded. 

The mods will be LPS . Replace power cord socket and have the internal wire filtered .

Have the clock replaced , will need recommendations for the best one for my application . 
Oppomod do a modified disc drive top plate mod l will have that done also. 
Everything l believe is plug and play apart from the clock install 

Cheer

Adrian

38 minutes ago, Maverick59 said:

Thanks for your input gents it’s much appreciated.

This player will be a dedicated to movies only ( 4K Bluray) Discs were possible not downloaded. 

The mods will be LPS . Replace power cord socket and have the internal wire filtered .

Have the clock replaced , will need recommendations for the best one for my application . 
Oppomod do a modified disc drive top plate mod l will have that done also. 
Everything l believe is plug and play apart from the clock install 

Cheer

Adrian

Sounds good. For HT, the LPS is really all you need. (It takes about ten minutes to install...)

However, I'd get the TCXO clock module before the modded disc drive (both the same price), and ask Liquid Audio to install it.

Have fun (and remember that OppoMod's advertised prices are in US dollars....)