Integrated Ideas pls

Sooooooooo, it’s not on your list, but I’m about to put my Perreaux 250i on the market. It should be in your price range.

It’s a grunty mosfet design pumping out more than the under-quoted 250W per channel that the name suggests. In fact measurements by third party labs have it at 2x420W into 8ohm, 2x670W into 4ohm and a thundering 545W into 1ohm under dynamic conditions. 
It’s well designed and clever.  Plenty of ins and outs, balanced and single ended, optical, coax, RS232, USB, on board DAC and Phono pre, and the pre or the power sections can be bypassed independently. The display and volume knob are a window into the computer controlled options with allow custom names to be given to inputs, remote buttons to be assigned etc etc.  Very clever stuff. And did I mention grunty?

Reading the above, I’ve just realised I’ve just written the ad copy.  Just the photos to take.

cheers

On 17/12/2019 at 7:11 AM, captain.j said:

Sooooooooo, it’s not on your list, but I’m about to put my Perreaux 250i on the market. It should be in your price range.

It’s a grunty mosfet design pumping out more than the under-quoted 250W per channel that the name suggests. In fact measurements by third party labs have it at 2x420W into 8ohm, 2x670W into 4ohm and a thundering 545W into 1ohm under dynamic conditions. 
It’s well designed and clever.  Plenty of ins and outs, balanced and single ended, optical, coax, RS232, USB, on board DAC and Phono pre, and the pre or the power sections can be bypassed independently. The display and volume knob are a window into the computer controlled options with allow custom names to be given to inputs, remote buttons to be assigned etc etc.  Very clever stuff. And did I mention grunty?

Reading the above, I’ve just realised I’ve just written the ad copy.  Just the photos to take.

cheers

Hi mate... have purchased a Luxman now... but GLWTS!

• Like 1

On 06/11/2019 at 10:06 AM, furtherpale said:

Found a great deal on a Luxman L-590axii - ty all.

Very happy with my 590  driving Dynaudio Special 40 s so be interested on how one goose with your speakers

Edited by Chill3

On 18/12/2019 at 4:57 PM, Chill3 said:

Very happy with my 590  driving Dynaudio Special 40 s so be interested on how one goose with your speakers

Absolutely spectacular. Just the right ‘flavour’ (somewhere between Krell and EC, my two previous). 

I also found out a week after receiving it that Dali/Luxman have been pairing the epicons (top of the range Dali - mine are the series below) with the top of the line Luxman pre-pwr... so I’m not the only one thinking they do well together.

I’m not surprised it also goes well with Dyn. I’ve always found their sonic signatures to be cousins. When in a buying trip in the early ‘00s, the Dali team always spoke with reverence and admiration of Dyn as one of their strongest influences.

Edited by furtherpale
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I realise that you have made a purchase but I thought I would put this link up anyway given it would be of assistance to other punters considering what Integrated to buy with thirty six pages of comparisons done by Cafad on various SS integrated amps.

Cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO
  • Like 1