SOLD: FS: A pair of Toroidal Transformers 160VA 2x20V Audio Grade Custom Build

Item: 2 x Toroidal Transformers 160VA 2x20V Audio Grade
Price: SOLD
Item Condition: Made in 2013 but never used, mint
Reason for selling: Abandoned DIY project
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
Extra Info:

I have for sale a pair of Toroidal Transformers. They are 160VA, 2 x 20V each. Made by Toroidy, great Polish manufacturer of high quality audio grade transformers. 

Selling both matched transformers together, so the price is for the pair. They could be perfect for a dual-mono or two monoblock amplifiers. 

I bought the transformers 6 years ago, for my DIY amp that I never finished. I did not even put those transformers in. Stored them packed in the box. So these are pretty much brand new.

I did not have time to finish that project and do not need those two any more, so the sale. 

Some of the characteristics of the Audio Grade transformers by Toroidy:
- additional magnetic and electrostatic screening
- epoxy filled centre with M6 clearance hole in a potted centre for mounting
- gum pads to eliminate transmission of vibrations
- impregnated core and the windings
- covered with a black Mylar tape
- production process scrupulously controlled at every step
- quiet performance and the highest electrical parameters
- flex leads
- GOSS band

On top of that, my order had a couple of custom modifications:
- doubled diameter of secondary windings
- primary winded on secondaries

Specs:
Primary: 0-230V @ 50Hz 
Secondaries: 20-0-20V
Estimated dimensions:  105mm diameter x 50mm high (plus 10-20mm for leadouts) 
Mounting: M6 clearance hole in a potted centre
Leadouts: approx. 110mm long flexible (stranded)
Weight: approx. 1.35kg each

I’m happy to post anywhere in Australia. Pickup available from Lindfield (2070).

Photos:

1.jpg.2983e169887a8bda0c37beb8624972e8.jpg

2.jpg.bc2f1751400c115afc3dae44768811d1.jpg

3.jpg.db370c8f0d3b9620bd5376687aa153d3.jpg

4.jpg.6ac3d29543d006abdb9da7d9725f6eca.jpg

5.jpg.941446ae4e49ac3b58d9eb748f41496b.jpg

6.jpg.2718eda276043247c8b0e715d8378309.jpg

Edited by daro

Quality Polish stuff.

I always buy all the transformers I need from them.

They reply to emails with a quote the next day and any custom transformer is ready within a fortnight.

Well shielded and no buzzing.

Also, these are audio grade and you see they are all dunked in epoxy.

Highly recommended

GLWTS

Cheers

Roman

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Millar
      Item Condition: As new: Opened for Testing Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Brunswick State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal Reason for selling: Surplus to requirements Further information: A pair of as-new Dayton (Parts Express) DC160-8 "Classic" series coated paper woofers, detailed specs attached.

Dayton's Classic DC160 is a very smooth sounding woofer, used in a range of DIY projects such as Paul Carmody's "Classix II" TM and 2.5TMM, the "Dayton III" MTM and the "Affordable Accuracy Monitor" TM.
      Excellent bass for a 6" woofer, sounds particularly good with music which is less well recorded, such as 60s pop/rock.

I use them in the Classix II with a VIFA BC25TG tweeter(photo of amateur looking cabinet att.), which are great speakers for the price.

Use a second order crossover  at about 2,000 Hz and a Zobel across the woofer. These have been opened and tested but not otherwise used. Price includes Australia Post standard and tracking.
      used.

Summary specs:

Impedance 8 ohms
      FS 35.7 Hz
      Qts 0.34
      SD 134.8
      VAS 17.9l
      SPl 86.1 dB@2.83v/1m
      RMS Power handling 50 watts
      Xmax3.15mm
      Reason for sale: too many speakers!

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

295-305-dayton-audio-dc160-8-specifications-46146.pdf
    • By Sansui77
      During this pandemic I've had more time to get things done around the house including sorting out some speaker crossovers issues. These diy speakers were built by my old-school teacher and somehow they ended up in my hands. Originally they were setup with active crossovers but were changed back to a passive setup. Unfortunately, the crossovers were slapped together but still sounded great. Me being me I had to sort it out. I also decided to upgrade with better spec components still using the hand wound inductors. Performed a freq sweep and even though they look pretty good they needed tweeking. With a few adjustments with my super HD hearing lol, they still have that nice punchy bottom end detailed midrange. The big improvement is how detailed and cleaner the top end is now and not rolled off so quickly. The super tweeter crossover is not added in this circuit but will be built and installed seperately as I want to have a db attenuation stepper allowing you to set and control how the SB Acoustics supertweeter is outputted. Once all the testing are done, a full rewire internally, redo the acoustic material then redo - paint the cabinets. 

For DIY speakers, they're impressive 😉

• By Rocknrollthor
      Tube amplifier homemade? With this post, I would like to advise all of you who believe that output transformers must be purchased that there is an alternative. Purchasing or reusing 'lacqer-insulated' copper wire can be used to make your own output transformer with the help of a computer program created by Yves Monmagnon. Here are two videos where I first make a chatode biased amplifier, then rebuild it into a fixed biased amplifier. In the last video, each tube is checked to be adjusted, and then the entire amplifier is benchmarked with the help of an ocilloscope and RMS voltmeter.
      Here is the two videos of the amp build and testing:

some pics from the 'hifi central':

https://www.hifisentralen.no/forumet/threads/2x15w-el34-pp-med-ul-opt-selvbygget.88291/

here is a free google drive link to the program I used to calculate the OPT's:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dzfxdD_2FrEn5WLOeuQDUsqWwd_aUbpS/view?usp=sharing

Take care, and thanks!
    • By Geoff Millar
      Item Condition: Used, but near new as only tested Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Brunswick State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal Reason for selling: Surplus to requirements Further information:

Pair of Peerless SDS Paper Cone woofers, tested but as new condition.  Good sounding woofers, suitable for 2 or 3 way DIY project, I tested them with a VIFA BC25TG tweeter in a two way, but they are also used in Paul Carmody's well known "Tarkus" 3 way DIY design.

Surface mount so no countersinking required.

Manufacturer supplied specs: 88.2 dB (1w/1m), Fs: 45 Hz, QTS: 0.46, VAS 30.7l, Xmax: 3.46mm

Surplus to requirements, I have too many drivers. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By mwhouston
      Item Condition: DIY as new 10/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Langwarrin 3910 State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal, bank transfer, cash on pickup. Reason for selling: Two many preamps Further information: Smart looking in vivid red and even better sounding SRPP tube preamp. Built on a Hammond Wood cheek chassis with external PS. A 24V wall wart (provided) powers the PS which joins to the preamp via a heavy cord. Tubes are Gold Lion Gold pin E88CC. This original design was re-tweaked by the designer to work even better with this specific tube. Two selectable inputs from small front Switch one set of output RCAs. Drives into heavy loads with ease and powers my Holton amps well.

4oz solid brass gold plated knob on Alps blue velvet pot. WBT silver solder throughout and Russian Military PIO caps on the output. Silver plated wire wrap wire use for internal hookup.  Final HT cap is Russian (subbed) 4uf PIO. Both HT and heater voltage is DC and triple Pi filtered. Tubes have Dragon Ring dampeners. PS is choked with a Hammond 5H choke and 400uf  of 400V filter caps. 

A very natural sounding super clean preamp with a fast and nibble touch. Dead quiet operation.  Through my system passes bass down to 30hz which is as low as my system will go. From bass to treble there is an absolute flat response with no hint of uneven response. Fine detail is presented with ease making listening very enjoyable.

http://retro-thermionic.blogspot.com/2020/06/rosso-e88cc-srpp-preamp.html

Donation will be made. 

ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
      This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use. 

Photos: