Nordost / Linn Event tonight - the MOST IMPORTANT piece of advice!!!

Only a few hours to go before our premium in-store event tonight, however we would like to give you all a head's up before you visit...

DON'T EACH TOO MUCH BEFORE ARRIVING - WE HAVE COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF BEAUTIFUL FOOD (and refreshments!) TO GO AROUND!

See you all tonight - we are very much looking forward to seeing lots of new and old faces!

giphy.gif

Edited by Frank Prowse Hi-Fi
  • Like 1

Big thanks to all the team at Frank Prowse and also Bjorn from Nordost and Gordon from Linn. Was a great evening again. 
Some very interesting music was played with some awesome catering and was good to catch up with some of the locals again.

I urge everyone to come along to future events, we really need to show our support so we can have more of these events put on.

Cheers Dave 

• Like 6

Thank you to everyone involved.

it was a wonderful night full of professional demonstrations, great music and good conversation.

if you haven’t been down to Frank Prowse’s for a while I suggest you do, they have some great looking and sounding equipment on display.

• Like 3

Agreed great night, interesting demo's from.Linn and nordost. 

Great food n drinks and hosts by Dave, mark and crew at FP. 

Nice to see (hear?) Not the usual music being played too

Thanks again 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Stump said:

Was the QPOINT Resonance Synchronizer on demo??

Stump

Yes. I believe it was the same presentation as at the Stereonet Melbourne show. The Sort Kones were  as impressive under the Linn DSM. I liked the advice "To take home & try before purchase" re the Nordost products.

• Like 2

Many thanks to all those who could attend. Despite slightly lower numbers than previous events held at the store, I believe it to be one of our best events yet - very informative and both Gordon and Bjorn were great presenters (in very different ways!).

I certainly concur with @Pops110 comments - we really enjoy putting these events on and pride ourselves in no heavy-handed sales pitches and tricks, we simply look at our events more like an audio club gathering and its not often we get people of the calibre of both Gordon from Linn and Bjorn from Nordost over to our sleepy little part of the country. Your support in future events would be very much appreciated so we can show our distribution partners that Western Australia is an important audio hub.

I would like to give special mention to Barbara Prowse for the catering. For those who have attended these events, the food has been consistently praised and Barb spends all her time in the lead up to one of these events preparing the food (all made by her - no pre-packaged stuff!!!). All the more reason why knowing how many attendees are turning up on the night is important. Despite being a 3+ hour event, we can truly appreciate just how much time/effort/anxiety @Marc goes through to put on the HiFi Show!!!

A few comments / opinions of the night (in no particular order):-

The music selection by both Gordon and Bjorn was very satisfying, with most people (inc ourselves) hitting the Shazam button on many occasions. Great to hear some fresh non-hifi/trade show music. Special props to Gordon from Linn with a backstory for every song chosen.

The Nordost Sort Kones were universally praised for their performance, all the more impressive considering their economical price point.

Everybody was incredibly friendly and happy to mingle. Sometimes at these events groups tend to form and stick together, but people moved around and formed new relationships. Great to see!

Also, great to see some new faces too!

Thanks to Dream AV, Advance Audio, Linn and Nordost for a great night.

Here are some pics of the night:-

_MH19699.jpg

_MH19697.jpg

_MH19696.jpg

_MH19695.jpg

_MH19694.jpg

_MH19704.jpg

_MH19701.jpg

_MH19700.jpg

_MH19698.jpg

_MH19708.jpg

_MH19707.jpg

_MH19725.jpg

_MH19724.jpg

_MH19723.jpg

_MH19722.jpg

_MH19721.jpg

_MH19720.jpg

_MH19718.jpg

_MH19717.jpg

_MH19716.jpg

_MH19715.jpg

_MH19713.jpg

_MH19712.jpg

_MH19711.jpg

_MH19710.jpg

_MH19703.jpg

And lastly, here is a receipt from 1975 showing how much a Linn LP12 with SME would've cost you!!

_MH19709.jpg

Edited by Frank Prowse Hi-Fi
  • Like 4