Best bookshelf speakers up to 3k

I'd suggest you get used ones over at the classifieds; and look for integrated amp as well while you're at it.. The Yamaha receiver won't do justice to the new bookshelves speakers, I'm afraid.  A$ 2000 should get you decent speakers & integrated.

Good luck with the search!?

hey guys

Thanks for all the info. A couple have said the Yamaha is not good enough - this surprises me, I know it won't be as good as a real dedicated power amp, but surely given i'm only running 2 channels it should have a bit of power, particularly if I bi-amp the speakers?

Given the receiver is 9x140 and I'm only running 2 channels, I never really thought I'd need to lash out and get a separate amp. If I need to i will, I'd just get a 2ch amp - but it still surprises me. I am a bit rusty on this stuff, it's been years since I've thought about my stereo gear.

cheers

Hi Gav,

Not talking about the power. The power from your existing Yamaha should be enough for most bookshelves out there i.e will do the job.  We're referring to the quality of the sound. If you do get >$1000 bookshelves, you won't unleash maximum potential of those speakers. Might as well safe your money and get <$1000 ones.

Cheers!

Just purchased a pair of Yamaha Soavo NS-B951 bookshelf speakers for a TV room system.  

https://www.todds.com.au/products/ns-b951bg

They were on special for half price and free shipping, so delivered new in box for $1499 with free speaker cables thrown in too. 

Unfortunately, I bought the last pair, so they're now out of stock. 

Gloss black finish..

4064923B2AE648BABD2B2BF6FB23D258_12075_735x735_be155f4e93115bd247c50ddff0c6fabe.jpg

Edited by Art Vandelay

• 2 weeks later...