Dammit. Who blew up my Trevor Lees TLA150’s!!??

Guest jakeyb77

I messaged Pat recently and He had two Focal tweeters left. $350 each. 
I know both Greg Osborn and Chris Lees have been ringing around trying to find any they can. 
The 121 in my listing are a drop in replacement with the same specs. 

Guest jakeyb77
5 minutes ago, Al.M said:

Unscrew the tweeters from cabinet and there should be a label on the magnet with model number. 

The Trevor Lees use the Focal 120. Inverted Kevlar dome. Hard to find new. 

*** sorry just saw you had mentioned that. ?

Edited by jakeyb77

The TC120k is a much more detailed beautiful sounding 93dB efficiency unit with a huge 1.4kg weight structure and larger faceplate than the TC90k a 91dB and 0.6kg Unit. Well worth repairing to original spec. I would get the replacement voice coils and professional installer to do it as the alignment appears tricky. There is a risk if the repairer tries to resolder broken coil wire that it will be shorter than before and the specs all change along with the sound. The new coils and repair are reasonable price.

4B2AD35A-F70C-4693-810C-63BC9BB816F9.jpeg

8A9D663A-6D37-4A1E-9DA1-DE4002DF6CEE.jpeg

Edited by Al.M
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, misternavi said:

I’ve cranked those speakers (they used to be mine)till windows rattle but i had the benchmark amp. i suspect amp may be the culprit?

Ha I know!  They’ve been great, so I’m pretty annoyed!  I tend to take care of my stuff!!  How do you feel the amp is the culprit? I did actually hear some ear-splitting noise just as I returned from seeing some friends off.  I’m pretty sure someone just spun that vol knob to 11...

9 hours ago, t_mike said:

A clipping amp will punish speakers

Any amp regardless of Watts or clipping, when pushed to the max or close to it can damage drivers and tweeters are the most vulnerable due to the fragile and thin wire voice coils.

Edited by Al.M
  • Like 1

Guest jakeyb77
Just now, junkmail said:

I had a look i have the 2 off t121 t tweeters these were originally from trevor lees .

PM me if you need them.

Win!!! There you go Mat 

Guest jakeyb77
Just now, junkmail said:

I had a look i have the 2 off t121 t tweeters these were originally from trevor lees .

PM me if you need them.

I’ll give you $50 more than Mat offers ??

Guest jakeyb77
1 minute ago, junkmail said:

I have emailed  Mat

You can PM a offer

No thanks mate. I have a pair and I’m not going to bid war with another member. It was a joke Joyce