Minimserver and new router

Hey guys, i had a pretty perfect setup for a headless windows pc, i was using minimserver and bubble upnp to control foobar from my phone/tablet.. also was able to send tidal to foobar and everything was working, even dsd.

i had to get a new router as my old ones ethernet board had stopped working.

telstra sent me something called an arcadyan smart modem/router... they are seperate.

since then i havent been able to do port forwarding for minimserver.. i was able to do it for bubbleupnp but the same method is not working for minimserver.

just wondering if anyone knows or could help? 

i tried a few other servers like twonky and JPLAY, just the trial versions and nothing is coming up..

remote apps on my phone and tablet are Linn Kazoo and Lumin.

Without going into your complex UPnP setup, I am guessing that your new router is blocking port forwarding and you will need to get into the web page of the new router to open up the relevant ports.

Have you checked the MinimServer log?  Can you see MinimServer using Minimwatch running from another PC?  If we need to delve deeper into your setup, do you have a diagram that includes all the software pieces.

Are you on MinimServer Forum ?  Simon, the developer is responsive and helpful.

Without going into your complex UPnP setup, I am guessing that your new router is blocking port forwarding and you will need to get into the web page of the new router to open up the relevant ports.

Have you checked the MinimServer log?  Can you see MinimServer using Minimwatch running from another PC?  If we need to delve deeper into your setup, do you have a diagram that includes all the software pieces.

Are you on MinimServer Forum ?  Simon, the developer is responsive and helpful.
I have opened the ports for both minim and BubbleUPnP.

I check the (192.x.x.x:port number) from another device and I can access the minim settings (rescan and reset). So it is a strange one for me.

It's also showing on linn kazoo now but not loading up.

Not showing up on lumin

I downloaded the BubbleUPnP app for android and that seems to be working? But not without restrictions..

Haha its very confusing

I am confused by your setup and cannot follow what works and what does not.

When you refer to BubbleUPnP, is it BubbleUPnP Server, which is different to BubbleUPnP App on Android?  Is Foobar the UPnP renderer?  Is Linn Kazoo and Lumin all using MinimServer?  I also do not understand what the various ports are for and which software require them.  A diagram will hep...

Added **

Have you tried to restart everything?

Edited by Snoopy8
Added **

19 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

I am confused by your setup and cannot follow what works and what does not.

When you refer to BubbleUPnP, is it BubbleUPnP Server, which is different to BubbleUPnP App on Android?  Is Foobar the UPnP renderer?  Is Linn Kazoo and Lumin all using MinimServer?  I also do not understand what the various ports are for and which software require them.  A diagram will hep...

Added **

Have you tried to restart everything?

I have stopped the bubbleupnp SERVER on the computer . as i realise i dont need both bubbleupnp server and minim server.

on the tablet side.

so far in the bubbleupnp APP i can set minimserver as the library and foobar as the renderer.

linn kazoo app is loading nothing..

lumin app is loading the minimserver library but wont let me set a renderer, it also looks like they have removed tidal login from lumin? maybe someone will know

29 minutes ago, anewmission said:

I have stopped the bubbleupnp SERVER on the computer . as i realise i dont need both bubbleupnp server and minim server.

on the tablet side.

so far in the bubbleupnp APP i can set minimserver as the library and foobar as the renderer.

linn kazoo app is loading nothing..

lumin app is loading the minimserver library but wont let me set a renderer, it also looks like they have removed tidal login from lumin? maybe someone will know

Good to know Bubble UPnP is working with MinimServer and Foobar.

So can isolate problem to Linn Kazoo and Lumin App accessing MinimServer. Suggest checking doc of each, ports required, recheck the modem, router have correct ports, no firewall anywhere blocking. Also check MinimServer log to see whether any error messages are popping up.

Also, suggest posting on MinimServer forum. There are users there, plus Simon who may know those Apps.

17 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

Good to know Bubble UPnP is working with MinimServer and Foobar.

So can isolate problem to Linn Kazoo and Lumin App accessing MinimServer. Suggest checking doc of each, ports required, recheck the modem, router have correct ports, no firewall anywhere blocking. Also check MinimServer log to see whether any error messages are popping up.

Also, suggest posting on MinimServer forum. There are users there, plus Simon who may know those Apps.

ok thankyou for your help. i will post on there, from the reading i have already done on there it seems that the lumin app should work very well with minim, its just strange, and i never had this problem before the new router.

anyway in the log file there is some error messages but i think they are just song format issues, here they are.

MinimServer is running
Startup complete
MinimServer: incorrect format for container ID ''
MinimServer: 0$untagged$*i10 isn't a valid container

both lumin and linn kazoo have always been abit slow with loading metadata ect.. but because i am cheap i never forked out for roon.

im wondering if there are any other android apps that integrate tidal as well as local media.

i really wish kodi would up their audiophile game. it is such great home theatre software i have always been a big fan, especially with foxtel, netflix, amazon and kayo sports addons being added this year. if it could do tidal mqa and dsd that would be one amazing all in one piece of software.

Edited by anewmission
needed to add

2 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

Most welcome...

When you post there, be very specific and clear on what software is being used, including version numbers. Simon is very detailed but very good in solving issues. Good luck...

ok thanks, i used your name snoopy08 as my referral i hope thats ok.

just waiting for an email confirmation. he might do those individually himself.

doing some reading up on kodi and dsd/sacd.iso/tidal and it looks like its being worked on. there is a tidal app... doesnt do mqa though and a few sacd.iso players in alpha stage... 

I am not a big poster there and use MinimServer for convolution room correction, running on Linux on Intel NUC and BubbleUPnP on Samsung tablet. Am happy with that setup, no interest in going to Roon. 

No Kodi experience, so cannot comment.

I am not a big poster there and use MinimServer for convolution room correction, running on Linux on Intel NUC and BubbleUPnP on Samsung tablet. Am happy with that setup, no interest in going to Roon. 

No Kodi experience, so cannot comment.
Kodi is life changing once you get to know the ui.

I have been using it for about 10 years. Apart from a few things like the sacd.iso support it can play literally anything. Hundreds of thousands of addons. All 7 TVs in my house have to be kodi connected.

So you are using minimserver and foobar on Linux?

Maybe that's the way I should go, although I seem to remember not finding Linux drivers for my dac

No Foobar, which was an old favourite but does not run on Linux.

Using SnakeOil OS Linux (stripped down Ubuntu), MinimServer as UPnP server. BubbleUPnP as UPnP controller on Samsung tablet and Devialet Phantoms Gold as UPnP renderer. Enabled MinimStreamer to run convolution room correction.

Music on NAS, MinimServer on Intel NUC, runs headless. That is my entire music chain, very simple,  no longer have multiple components to upgrade.

Bubbleupnp server has to run to be able to emulate Openhome protocol which both linn and lumin needs, start it again and go to menu within bubbleupnp server setting to allow your lumin/linn renderer to be accesible, done...

Bubbleupnp server is just emulator not library server and that’s why has to run besides minimserver

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kukynas said:

Bubbleupnp server has to run to be able to emulate Openhome protocol which both linn and lumin needs, start it again and go to menu within bubbleupnp server setting to allow your lumin/linn renderer to be accesible, done...

Bubbleupnp server is just emulator not library server and that’s why has to run besides minimserver

Thank you. I now recall reading about it but because I do not use Linn & Lumin apps, could not advise OP..

• Like 1

Thank you. I now recall reading about it but because I do not use Linn & Lumin apps, could not advise OP..
I think I'm just going to go down the Linux path. I tried daphile last night with the squeezer app. It has drivers for my Dac and tidal integration. Still had to open a port for it.
When I get home tonight I will play with it some more.
Seems like daphile, volumio and snake oil are the three most popular.
I haven't seen anywhere in daphile to select different renderers. Which is pretty important to me because I would like to use my Kodi machines to play music in different rooms.

Windows just does my head in. Though I love foobar, the ram playback option and a few other things it does

1 hour ago, anewmission said:

I think I'm just going to go down the Linux path. I tried daphile last night with the squeezer app. It has drivers for my Dac and tidal integration. Still had to open a port for it.
When I get home tonight I will play with it some more.
Seems like daphile, volumio and snake oil are the three most popular.
I haven't seen anywhere in daphile to select different renderers. Which is pretty important to me because I would like to use my Kodi machines to play music in different rooms.

Windows just does my head in. Though I love foobar, the ram playback option and a few other things it does

Check jRiver, it does the same as foobar + tons more and is most reliable renderer soft on windows platform

Check jRiver, it does the same as foobar + tons more and is most reliable renderer soft on windows platform
I did download jriver and jplay but still having the same issues with remote (android apps).

Over active thyroid at the moment. Can't sit still for more than 5 minutes lol

4 hours ago, anewmission said:

I think I'm just going to go down the Linux path. I tried daphile last night with the squeezer app. It has drivers for my Dac and tidal integration. Still had to open a port for 

If you are prepared to pay, Audio Linux, Euphony are probably the best.

I am using SnakeOil because it made things easier to install music library and MinimServer without needing to go into the Command line. Unlike other audio players, no difference with MinimServer performance between different distros. 

Win has far too many overheads, difficult to manage. I was a long time Foobar, stayed with Win because of it (sound familiar?). My Linux based SMS-200 blew apart Win/Foobar and since then, I no longer use Win for music.