Does anyone speak Italian? I need some assistance

I had no idea where to post this one, so thought it may as well reside in the forum it relates to.

I have found a Kuzma Stabi S motor only for sale in Italy. It is listed on a number of Italian only sites. I sent the poster an email, but apart from a standard "Buongiorno" greeting I had to put the rest in English. Perhaps not surprisingly I have had no response, much as I would be if someone sent me an email in Italian.

Can anyone assist me with communication, or suggest a way to approach this? Thanks in advance

18 minutes ago, Decky said:

https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=en&tl=it

Ci sono questi strumenti moderni che la gente chiama googles ....

18 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Use google translate 

Chose English to Italian 

Sample below 

English 

hello i am interested in the Kuzma Staby motor 

Italian 

ciao sono interessato al motore Kuzma Staby

Thanks guys. I did think of that, but it can be quite clunky and may get some things wrong at times. In the absence of any other suggestions I will give it a go

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markm1111 said:

Thanks guys. I did think of that, but it can be quite clunky and may get some things wrong at times. In the absence of any other suggestions I will give it a go

You are quite correct. Even professional translation programs still require editing for syntax. 

Pm me if services are still required.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Auracle said:

You are quite correct. Even professional translation programs still require editing for syntax. 

Pm me if services are still required.

Thanks Auracle. I sent off a Google Translated message prior to seeing your post. I'll see how that goes, and contact you if I still need some help

When I was buying an item from Russia I trialled both Google and Bing translate and then did reverse translations to find the "best".

I told the Russians it was a machine translation and included the english as well just in case they wanted to try translating themselves.

It all went well.?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, audiofeline said:

I would suggest if you use Google translate to include a statement that you are using it so the other party will (hopefully) be forgiving of mistakes. 

56 minutes ago, GregWormald said:

When I was buying an item from Russia I trialled both Google and Bing translate and then did reverse translations to find the "best".

I told the Russians it was a machine translation and included the english as well just in case they wanted to try translating themselves.

It all went well.?

Good advice, thanks guys. I did mention I was using Google translate, and repeated what I had said in my earlier email in English. The only thing I didn't do was try the alternative translation. Fingers crossed

• Like 1

Send your message in Italian and English.  Make sure your English message is in simple straightforward standard English, avoiding jargon and slang that could be misinterpreted by a translation program.

• 1 year later...

No wonder you didn't cope on your own. Italian is challenging to learn. As a native speaker of the Italian language, I can recommend an excellent translation service https://thewordpoint.com/languages/italian-translation-services
I think you could use this service to write a quality letter in Italian and get a reply letter soon.

Edited by Gerome3
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

If you need a translator, you can use this service. I use this service to translate to spanish and want to celebrate its quality. While working with this application, I have never noticed any mistakes in translation. Plus, this service is free. I think you will like it.

Edited by Gerome3