Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Batty

Show us your Power Amplifiers.

Recommended Posts

Precursor to the Soliloquy according to Mr Metaxas. 

IMG_20191212_133228.jpg

 

Screenshot_20191212_133907.jpg

IMG_20191212_134607.jpg

 

Edited by DrSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/12/2019 at 9:33 PM, mwhouston said:

There has been some likes for this amp build. Just one other image of the inside. 

F8356306-7194-4C89-8066-A14D7684D51F.jpeg

What’s the little red parts that sit across the capacitors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi , 

 

Just like our fellow forum member Ittaku , I also am into ARC . Never tried any other amp & preamp been loyal since 1988 . 
Here are my amps 

 

FD0C59AE-72D3-48E5-A060-5CDDDDF0A234.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, realysm42 said:

What’s the little red parts that sit across the capacitors?

Two names; snubbers or bi-pass. Bi-pass is more correct because snubbers usually have a resistor  also.  Generally they are same polies - 0.1uf. 

 

Large electrolytic caps have some internal noise. The smallest caps help suppress that. Also they provide a better path for the return audio.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mwhouston said:

Two names; snubbers or bi-pass. Bi-pass is more correct because snubbers usually have a resistor  also.  Generally they are same polies - 0.1uf. 

 

Large electrolytic caps have some internal noise. The smallest caps help suppress that. Also they provide a better path for the return audio.  

That’s interesting, thanks. I’ve got them across the caps of my amps and it was the first time I’d ever seen / noticed them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The top is current the bottom is some of the past.0ACEA6D4-3519-4BF2-9EF0-A69C12418B52.jpeg

85D185F4-4EF6-4848-92DC-7D0AFCA2F55A.jpeg

Edited by Yamaha_man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Yamaha_man said:

The top is current the bottom is some of the past.0ACEA6D4-3519-4BF2-9EF0-A69C12418B52.jpeg

85D185F4-4EF6-4848-92DC-7D0AFCA2F55A.jpeg

Big HSs on the amps near the speakers. Class A? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, mwhouston said:

Big HSs on the amps near the speakers. Class A? 

That's these infamous beasts:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are strapped at the back and bolted together at the sides. This is all done by the owner or installer.

1884777-krell-audio-standard-kas-amplifiers.jpg.2bafc7d3e731dff2c4bf4e514bb911a0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldnt see in specs etc if they are Class A or not. Could be AB with a heavy bias thus the big HSs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Sorry, can't agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/12/2019 at 11:31 PM, mwhouston said:

Newly built DIY “Precision” - 300W Holton inspired.

AEAFDA49-9152-485B-8423-9CD4B446A587.jpeg

EC6B30D1-061E-4247-ABFD-4AD4F3CFAB24.jpeg

I was going to ask how this went after seeing it at your place. 
Does it do 2ohm loads? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Yamaha_man said:

Just as I thought Class A. Dan, an SNA member, built some spectacular Krell monoblocks Class A amps. He brought them over for  a listen. As with all his amps they are built with high end components and look stunning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


52 minutes ago, jakeyb77 said:

I was going to ask how this went after seeing it at your place. 
Does it do 2ohm loads? 

I’ll ask. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, jakeyb77 said:

I was going to ask how this went after seeing it at your place. 
Does it do 2ohm loads? 

Not design for 2ohm speakers but OK if part of the speaker characteristics dip momentarily into 2ohms.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mwhouston said:

Not design for 2ohm speakers but OK if part of the speaker characteristics dip momentarily into 2ohms.  

So, not good for Apogee Duettas or Scintillas but fine with any "Normal" speaker that dips into 2 ohm.

I have the stereo version and Wow. The control and dynamics of the Gales is very very good. As well, a clear 3D soundstage with presence.

 

Edited by Wimbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Wimbo said:

So, not good for Apogee Duettas or Scintillas but fine with any "Normal" speaker that dips into 2 ohm.

I have the stereo version and Wow. The control and dynamics of the Gales is very very good. As well, a clear 3D soundstage with presence.

 

Bass, transparency and sound stage. All under control. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Classifieds Statistics


    Currently Active Ads

    Total Sales (Since 2018)

    Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

    Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...