Show us your Power Amplifiers.

10 hours ago, Hi-Fi Whipped said:

What a find! I've know of nht for over 15 years I think, not big here and I've never owned them but I remember them reviewing nicely back in the day, especially the classic 4s

I'm certainly aware of NHT speakers, although have never had a chance to listen to them. NHT stands for Now Hear This, I believe.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, aussievintage said:

That's Marshalls Andy :)

:thumb:

13 minutes ago, aussievintage said:

:poke:  and I'm glad you noticed the level controls on the power amp  :) 

Yes - I guess that all pro amps have them?

Andy

16 minutes ago, BioBrian said:

I want some. (But what are they?)

Are you asking me? I have a ridiculous amount of power amps. 9 in the current setup. 3 more on the way! I’ll definitely stop now I think..

This photo is of my Rotel stack. 2x 993, 2x 1080 (a truly brilliant power amp) and a 1070 for high range. 

I have been experimenting with digital crossovers for a long time so I need lots of channels for 3 way fronts and 4x passive subs 

On 21/10/2019 at 5:47 PM, aussievintage said:

Can't resist.  50 watts of Tripath class D beauty.  Only thing that's sweeter is my 2A3 SETs.

One tweak - that stick on label (about 5 of them actually, one on top of the other) to kill off the BBBL ( bloody bright blue light )

DSC_0421.jpg.96f68cade368e8942e826d746af997f6.jpg

Got one of these myself for a temp standin amp for the TV. But all switch mode-ing going on affect the TV picture. 

5 hours ago, mwhouston said:

Got one of these myself for a temp standin amp for the TV. But all switch mode-ing going on affect the TV picture. 

Weird.  I have had mine sitting right alongside sensitive phono amps and plugged into the same  unfiltered power boards, and get no interference at all.    What effect on the picture?  Surely with digital TV...  argh, who knows.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, aussievintage said:

Weird.  I have had mine sitting right alongside sensitive phono amps and plugged into the same  unfiltered power boards, and get no interference at all.    What effect on the picture?  Surely with digital TV...  argh, who knows.

The TV could not tune a channel.