Show us your Power Amplifiers.

1 hour ago, realysm42 said:

What’s the little red parts that sit across the capacitors?

Two names; snubbers or bi-pass. Bi-pass is more correct because snubbers usually have a resistor  also.  Generally they are same polies - 0.1uf. 

Large electrolytic caps have some internal noise. The smallest caps help suppress that. Also they provide a better path for the return audio.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mwhouston said:

Two names; snubbers or bi-pass. Bi-pass is more correct because snubbers usually have a resistor  also.  Generally they are same polies - 0.1uf. 

Large electrolytic caps have some internal noise. The smallest caps help suppress that. Also they provide a better path for the return audio.  

That’s interesting, thanks. I’ve got them across the caps of my amps and it was the first time I’d ever seen / noticed them.

• Like 1

Guest jakeyb77
On 04/12/2019 at 11:31 PM, mwhouston said:

Newly built DIY “Precision” - 300W Holton inspired.

AEAFDA49-9152-485B-8423-9CD4B446A587.jpeg

EC6B30D1-061E-4247-ABFD-4AD4F3CFAB24.jpeg

I was going to ask how this went after seeing it at your place. 
Does it do 2ohm loads? 

42 minutes ago, Yamaha_man said:

Just as I thought Class A. Dan, an SNA member, built some spectacular Krell monoblocks Class A amps. He brought them over for  a listen. As with all his amps they are built with high end components and look stunning. 

1 hour ago, mwhouston said:

Not design for 2ohm speakers but OK if part of the speaker characteristics dip momentarily into 2ohms.  

So, not good for Apogee Duettas or Scintillas but fine with any "Normal" speaker that dips into 2 ohm.

I have the stereo version and Wow. The control and dynamics of the Gales is very very good. As well, a clear 3D soundstage with presence.

Edited by Wimbo
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wimbo said:

So, not good for Apogee Duettas or Scintillas but fine with any "Normal" speaker that dips into 2 ohm.

I have the stereo version and Wow. The control and dynamics of the Gales is very very good. As well, a clear 3D soundstage with presence.

Bass, transparency and sound stage. All under control. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/10/2019 at 11:34 PM, Ittaku said:

Never really thought of it as pink, that's just how it turned out in the photo. It's red, honest... But it's nice a thick and shaggy for my slate tiled floor.

It’s PINK don’t be shy be OUT& PROUD?

• Haha 1