Sign in to follow this  
cafe67

Anybody here using Revel F208 speakers ?

And if so , with what partnering electronics and size room? 

thank you 

Think douglas hifi have them in stock for a listen or maybe ask for a home demo.

Thanks Mark, 

I've read a few reviews , seems to well regarded with room setting controls to help integrate 

have sent douglas hifi a email 

cheers 

Incredibly well engineered speakers.You can really hear that because they sound very seamless and coherent.Which   I suppose is what you would expect from Harman with all their engineering expertise and resources .

Maybe they have engineered the life and musical soul out of them however?Which is not to say they sound sterile or cold because they don't.If anything they are quite warm and rich sounding but they also have a distant sort of imaging which is a bit unusual.I guess that might suit some music and rooms but you would have to be sure you were OK with that sort of presentation.I can see that some people might like it.Certainly some speakers are too forward sounding .The F208s are the antithesis of that.

We've got several reviews either happening or upcoming across the Revel speakers range. I can say, that everyone who has heard them is more than impressed.

A very underrated speaker brand that suffered a complete lack of marketing or presence in Australia until recently.

8 hours ago, Marc said:

We've got several reviews either happening or upcoming across the Revel speakers range. I can say, that everyone who has heard them is more than impressed.

A very underrated speaker brand that suffered a complete lack of marketing or presence in Australia until recently.

Dont keep.us waiting then 😎

Not sure if this helps, I have Revel Ultima Studios. The best Power Amps I've used with them are the Vincent SP-998 Mono's. Just a beautiful match. While you might think this is overkill for the F208's, my advice is to get great Power Amps. The 998's sound like very expensive Power amps at a reasonable cost, very effortless.

Interestingly my mate who went to the Hi-Fi Show said the Revel Speakers (18k.) were the Pick of the Show.

Well popped in to @Douglas HiFi yesterday for a listen to.the f208. 

Source was the ps audo transport and mat h dac. Pre and power amps were ps audio stella . 

Very interesting and informative listening session - i took.my own cds too many, i really need to make a audition cd. 

F208 had a big sound thst never really got boomy or harsh. Listening  room.was was similar in size to mine which was encouraging.  The speakers were further out to the walls than i would have in my room with a reasonable toe in. 

Sitting in the listening position the sound was very enveloping with alot of stereo information/placement. 

Flicking between the normal and boundary setting  you could hear the lessening  of the very low bass - but the mid and low bass were  still there. Treble and mids were very good and i didnt find the metal tweeter bright or fatiguing. 

Interesting i found putting the port foam.bungs in, to have little effect, perhaps showing the port isnt being used that much for bass reinforcement? 

Big props to.Simon for all his help and suggestions and patience as i had a good listen 

20191026_120533.jpg

Hi Cafe67,

Thanks for the kind words 😀

You'll soon get to hear them at your home...

We'll organise to get our demo set out to you next week for an in-home trial.

Cheers,

Simon

1 hour ago, Douglas HiFi said:

Hi Cafe67,

Thanks for the kind words 😀

You'll soon get to hear them at your home...

We'll organise to get our demo set out to you next week for an in-home trial.

Cheers,

Simon

Yes, here's hoping they work well at my place. 

Cheers again ain for all your help Simon 

And having a listen at home 

image.thumb.jpeg.9bc820d6efb6e6851bc8625ca7d80d83.jpeg

Great speakers. Well done to Simon and Tony for sorting out a home audition!

14 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Great speakers. Well done to Simon and Tony for sorting out a home audition!

Yes very helpful and obliging , 

How was the imaging in your room?

It occurred to me their more recessed imaging might be a positive in your narrow room.

Works well, started out 50cm side walls and rear walls and straight out as abase line.

Atm about 75cm from side walls and 50cm from.rear wall, with bass response set to boundary. 

Bit more shuffling around i think , but no probs with bass and imaging is good.