Sign in to follow this  
7502dan

SOLD: Audio Note an/j b speakers timeless

Item: AudioNote an/j 
Price: $1400 or $1100 without stands
Item Condition:second hand 
Reason for selling:Devialet+ Atohm gt1
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:they are in good physical condition and work fine,they would suit somone with a low power valve amplifier (10watts or more)They work well against the wall or in the corners. They have plenty of bass and the midrange is beautiful. Thy are 92,93db efficiency so an easy load.They  come with the original recommended stands that are really heavy beasts hence pickup only.The stands could do with a bit of black pain as there is a bit of surface rust,they are so massive they woud survive a nuclear blast. There's a reason why Audio Note is still selling these and the an/e after 30 odd years. Their sound is still  natural as only the best.You can buy repla ement components from AN uk and they would march it to your exact speakers.They records of measurements for each speaker they sell. These speakers don't need anything. 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

20191020_083124.jpg

20191020_082818.jpg

20191020_082855.jpg

20191020_082927.jpg

Edited by 7502dan

Wondering what would be sound like if pair up Audio Note  (B300) &PreAmp & Dac .

NICE 

If a single 300b per channel probably not enough power to drive the speakers properly. I guess 10watts is the minimal. I tried a 5watt amplifier and it wasn't enough 

Stands are incredibly heavy. Built for Absolute High End when they were the Audio Note representative. Were over $500 way back then and would cost considerably more now. Will survive a nuclear bomb. Can be spiked, threaded holes at bottom corners. Some used to spike the top back in the day as well, but IMHO better with a blob of blu tac on each corner coupled to the stand.

These earlier designs work well in free space unlike the later ones which demand corner loading, therefore far easier to place. As stated can work well fairly close to rear walls. Despite their efficiency they are not really suited to 8 Watt SET’s but absolutely sing with 18 Watt PSE or push pull 300B’s.

A big ugly box that for the right listener will provide everything they have been searching for. Very, very rarely seen second hand  on the Australian market which tells you owners hang onto them a long , long time. Don’t go as low as the E’s but use the same woofer and tweeter in a smaller box.

I decided to allow interstate buyers  to purchase the speakers  without stands for $1100.I will pack them as well as i can for postage. Cheers