Sign in to follow this  
Leeming42

Pre amps and turntables

Hi looking for some advice. I am currently in the market fro a Pre amp and am looking at the Rotel RC 1572 to go with my Rotel RB 1552 MK II power amp. Does anyone have any thoughts on how good the phono stage is on the 1572, as I was also considering a seperate phono stage. I am also in the market for a new turntable up to $3000. Currently have a Pro Ject Essential III digital, some people have just suggested I upgrade this. Have been looking at Clearaudio, Thorens and Rega tables. Any advice would be appreciated, as I am still fairly new to this having only been involved for around 3 years. Not too technical please :)

Edited by Leeming42
Spelling mistake

@Leeming42 i dont know about the phono stage in the rotel - but overall an external one would be the go id say.

there was a graham slee accession on here recently i think, could be good?

For 3k id get a second hand TT and phono stage on the classifieds then spend around 500-1000 on a new cart and you’ll be set for a long time.

use the search function or google previously sold stereonet items for a price guide of what is available to you. Quality turntables pop up on here all the time, but youve got to be quick to snag the bargins.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)