dwbasement

Acoustic panel from UA acoustic

I have not used them but generally, for those mid-range absorption panels almost anything with holes works. It really gets to aesthetics more than performance. They look very decent. 

There is a thread on the Steve Hoffman forums. I am really struggling to understand how they are going to send them with Free postage. Like they are around 2Kg each with packaging and you would be buying 6 or so at a time. That must eat in to their bottom line.

Oz postage is ridiculously expensive... postage on that side of the world is cheap as chips and these panels probably cost them under 10 bucks to make in mass production. 

I think the panel is about 1.5kg for a 5cm thick one.

Edited by dwbasement

33 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

Oz postage is ridiculously expensive... postage on that side of the world is cheap as chips and these panels probably cost them under 10 bucks to make in mass production. 

I think the panel is about 1.5kg for a 5cm thick one.

Yup: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Postal_Union

Ukraine is a second world country, average wage is US 200/month.

They very happy for you to buy lots and they make very nice profit.

I am going to order a couple to try, the seller is very helpful and he can install some mounting plate at the back of the panels for me to use some 3M tape.

They look the goods, be very keen to hear how that works out for you👍

Yes, I am very curious to hear if they make any difference, and they look quite nice too otherwise I won't be able to put them up haha...

Hi all,

I found this on eBay and wondering if anyone has use their panels before?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F223542771095
I have seen a lot of this manufacturer's panels on other forums. They seem to be well regarded. A lot of Americans get them in for around $16us a panel. Cheap. But they are a lot closer than us. Still reasonably priced if you only require a couple, considering postage included. Might get a couple to go behind for each speaker.

Well, I have ordered two panels from this guy to try to put at the back of my speakers. He is going to installed the mounting plate at the back for me to use 3M double sided tape. He is kind enough to do that free of charge.

Looking forward to try them out.

Two panels arrived this week and now up on the wall. I am happy with the panels, it seems like they help a bit to have a clearer sound but it is only subtle because I only have 2 panels and they are at the back. I think it would have better result if they were on the side wall at the first reflection points. For me they are good price and quality is very good too. They were packed securely and the additional mounting blocks at the back were very handy for the mounting tape, I use the 3M picture hanging velcro so can be easily relocated or taken out.20191112_205200.jpeg20191112_205744.jpeg20191112_205808.jpeg20191115_184541.jpeg