2019 Stereonet Melbourne Hi-Fi Show - Reports & Feedback

On 24/10/2019 at 7:42 AM, cheekyboy said:

Yep, I made that particular pair of BR1s for my youngest daughter with the proviso that she allowed me to demo them at the HiFi Show before I gave them to her. I had them in my own living room for the couple of months leading up to this show and that beautiful smell of the camphor laurel was ever present in the room. 

Cheers,

Keith

I like the concept.....Aromatherapy speakers.?

Edited by stevoz

On 22/10/2019 at 6:57 PM, Hytram said:

The love affair with Osborn died on the weekend.. Maybe not justified, but they did nothing for me and it kind of upset me. 

Reading a FB post by Greg last night - seems his AM amps weren't biased correctly? Possibly this could be a cause of the disappointing sound?

On 08/11/2019 at 6:54 PM, caminperth said:

Reading a FB post by Greg last night - seems his AM amps weren't biased correctly? Possibly this could be a cause of the disappointing sound?

I had been very critical of his sound this year from his show offerings in this thread to the point were I contacted him over email there after. He responded that many people were very happy with his speakers and made it vocal to him. He concluded that the show was very positive and a complete success for the brand. I had put it down to the new drivers and the crossovers needing further work.

One week down the track and he emails me telling that he discovered his AM amp had the wrong bias setting and this was the cause (possibly) for my disappointment. I was happy that the error had been found and that the speakers are not the issue.

Edited by Mauro
  • Like 3