Sign in to follow this  
Class A Audio

Cambridge Audio Azur 851A Integrated class XD amplifier

Item: Cambridge Audio Azur 851A Integrated Amplifier
Location: Class A Audio, 8/585 Blackburn Rd, Notting Hill, VIC, 3168. Phone (03) 8555 0735
Price: $1500 + $50 shipping
Item Condition: Very good (trade in)
Reason for selling:  Clearing stock
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

The 851 possesses incredible power, finesse and astonishingly low distortion. In its design we assessed every component for sonic excellence and revised, reviewed and optimised the signal path for minimal distortion. Thousands of hours were spent testing and tweaking, the result is an amplifier we’re incredibly proud of.

Sound Quality

Nothing prepares you for the sound quality of our 851A. Rated at 120 Watts per channel and built with a fastidious attention to detail, it presents your music with astounding depth and incredible clarity. The precision volume control provides remarkable stereo separation, while the overall effect is to give your music collection a new lease of life.

Connectivity

We built the 851A without sonic compromise, and that’s true of the connectivity too. Nine RCA inputs cater for regular analogue inputs, while for high end components there are two sets of balanced XLR inputs. We’ve added a pre-out for connecting to a subwoofer or power amp, while two sets of speaker terminals allow for bi-wiring or running additional speakers in a second location. Finally, Control Bus inputs allow the linking of compatible Cambridge Audio products for easy control from one remote.

Class XD + two transformers

Rather than use Class A or Class AB amplifier designs, we developed a novel and unique new design called Class XD, which combines the sonic purity of Class A and the efficiency of Class AB for the best possible result.

The primary toroidal transformer provides unrestricted power to the dual mono amplification blocks. It’s a true audiophile transformer that will operate without distortion and with no buzz, interference or hum. While a second, smaller toroidal transformer takes care of pre-amplification processes.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_7000.JPG

IMG_7002.JPG

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MAXXX
      Item:  NHT AC-1 centre speaker
      Price: $150
      Item Condition: VGC
      Reason for selling: NLR (Sold my NHT  ST-4 floorstanders)
      Extra Info: NLR, sold my NHT ST-4 floorstanders.

Postage around $30 for Australia metro areas. (for exact quote I'll need your postcode).
      No original box, it will be packed properly for safe transport.
      Few minor marks on the top of the speaker, no dents. Drivers in mint condition.
      Specs here:

6554b6be8c0d829a8bf63ae0c82cf121_link.pn NHT Music Series AudioCenter-1 - center channel speaker - wired Series Specs - CNET

• By Conrad1970
      Item: Musical Fidelity A5Cr preamp 
      Price: $1750 Inc postage & insurance 
      Item Condition:Excellent condition 
      Reason for selling:No longer required 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD or Bank Deposit 
      Extra Info:Excellent condition with original box,remote & owners manual.
      Have matching power amp in other listing.

• By GroovyGuru
      Item:   AVM Ovation MA 8.2 Monobloc pwr amps
      Price:  $16,000
      Item Condition:  Excellent
      Reason for selling:  Upgraded to valves.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD, Bank Cheque, electronic transfer.  If Paypal, buyer to pay all fees.
      Extra Info:

These were Marc Rushton's power amps.  I bought them in Oct 2017.  I said I was never going to have valve power amps again but I changed my mind after I heard the AR Ref 160M which I bought.  But I would've happily stayed with the AVM MA 8.2.

The AVM monobloc runs the AR pwr amp close.  At $16k the AVM MA 8.2 is an affordable end game power amp.  RRP was $44,000 for both ($22,000 each).  It is rated at 600 watts RMS.  It will drive anything with finesse.  It is a low noise, low distortion design.

This is a very good price for these amps.  If you want to spend less, there is the Holton monobloc listed on this site for $15,000.  

It is Germanic black as you can see by the pictures.  It is so black even the white parts are black.

If not pickup, buyer to arrange courier.  Gross shipping weigh each at about 45kg.  W58cm x H38cm x L57cm.  Shipped in haulage case as pictured.

Photos: 

• By captain.j
      Item: Inakustik Excellence XLR 3m cables
      Price: $310 posted Aus wide
      Item Condition: Excellent, months old 
      Reason for selling: No need for long cables
      Extra Info: A change in room layout means I don’t need this length of cable anymore.  These are beautifully made, quality German cables and will come in their original box.

Photos:

• By Maggie
      Item:  Best Classical Collection
      Price: FIRM  ( See below ) 
      Item Condition: Ex ~ Ex-
      Reason for selling: Backup copies
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal +3% ,EFT
      Extra Info:

Decent sounding classical collection for sale. Absolutely sensational to show off your analogue setup.
      Minimal 3 LP per deal please.

1. Yehudi Menuhin / Wilhelm Kempff  -  Beethoven : complete violin sonatas DGG 5LP boxset $35 EX ~ EX-  Link
      2. Vladmir Ashkenazy / Beethoven Piano  Concertos Decca Boxset 4LP $20 EX ~ EX-
      3. Leonard Benstein Bizet: Carmen Boxset 3LP $20 EX ~ EX-
      4. DGG  x 4 Titles $10 each
           2 x Quartetto Italiano $12 each
           1 x Mitsuko Uchida $20  
            1 x David Oistrakh  $12 
      5. Alfred brendel x 4 Titles $8 each  / Claudio arrau x 1 $10 each
      6. Carlos kleiber $12