Sign in to follow this  
Berkel

Plessis Audio

Hi, does anyone know anything about the Plessis Audio S1 integrated amp ?

Thanks,

Dennis

I used to have a Chinese badged version, the Classic 6.10. Great little amp, wish I still had it. See

IIRC, the talk around 10 years ago was that the Plessis S1 was a rebadged version of this amp. If you look closely at the pics, you would be hard pressed to argue....

However, please see comments in following post for an alternative view on the provenance

Edited by markm1111
Grammar...

Thanks. Yes, it looks identical to the Classic.

Appearance wise yes, but speak to Charl and he will shed more light on dissimilarities. That’s the best course of action. From what I remember talking to him, he had a lot of input into the internals, specifics unfortunately escape me as it has been along time since our discussion.

Neo

I remember the Plessis S1, an excellent amp.  Keep silver speaker cables away from it and it will do a great job.

Couldn't find an internal pic of the Plessis but did find one of the Classic 6.10

Classic-No.6.10-Audio-Intergrated-Amplifier-2.jpg.5de3deabbdbf241b99fc1ede932af10c.jpg

Thanks. Do you think it would be a significant upgrade from my Rotel RA 971 Mk. II ?

Generalizing but in a hifi circles Rotel is viewed as a budget brand, give a call to Len Wallis Charl is working there and have a chat, knowledgeable is an understatement. Even if you don’t buy the Plessis he will give you some great insights as an upgrade path based on what you after and your budget

Neo