mwhouston

FS: Sold: New AKM4497EQ DAC with Coax and Optical input

Item: Assembled DAC with the latest AKM 4497EQ chipset in pro enclosure with display
Price: $350 (was 380) includes postage to most states
Item Condition: New - just assembled, 10/10
Reason for selling: Bought another with more inputs
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: I started just with the cct. to try out the AK4497 chip set. Liked it so bought additional brd. and pro enclosure. This come with Coax and Optical inputs selected from the front panel and displayed. It comes with six selectable filters which can be selected in real time and displayed. Bit rate is also displayed. I have played DSD256 (DoP) files through this on Coax. The bit rate is displayed. Display is big and clear with protective smokey screen. IEC mains socket on rear with power switch upfront. The DAC is fused and earthed. Very, very good sounding with high-end parts inside and multiple ultralow noise regs. Extremely well built cct. brd. 

ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use 

Photos: 

IMG_1410.JPG

IMG_1411.JPG

IMG_1412.JPG

Edited by mwhouston

A bargain and looks well made!  For those who are not aware, that AKM chip is used in forum favourite Gieseler Gross DAC. Plus Mark makes and sells a DC Blocker, so he knows his electrical and electronics.; there should be no issues electrically with the unit.

Pity I am no longer into standalone DACs.  GLWTS...

1 minute ago, Snoopy8 said:

A bargain and looks well made!  For those who are not aware, that AKM chip is used in forum favourite Gieseler Gross DAC. Plus Mark makes and sells a DC Blocker, so he knows his electrical and electronics.; there should be no issues electrically with the unit.

Pity I am no longer into standalone DACs.  GLWTS...

Esoteric also use the chip. 

There are two inputs coax and optical. One output RCA. The brd is very high spec with seperate output chips for right and left which are socketed and can be rolled with other buffers. It also has multiple ultra low noise LT regulators and an extensively filtered PS.  

The DCA chip is one of the absolute lasted fro AKM which Esoteric use in their US$45,000 five box DAC. The chip is the AK4497EQ. The right hand button scrolls through the inputs and the two left hand through six filters. Inputs and filters are displayed in the easy read screen. The bit rate for COAX and Opt. is displayed on the screen. The DAC will play DSD256. 

The enclosure is heavy and solid and has has been CNCed. An IEC fused socket on the rear and button on off on the front. Extremely good sounding. 

Edited by mwhouston

14 minutes ago, mwhouston said:

Reduced now to $350.

Can pick up today if you like